This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith [Spoilers abound, SGA 105]

The self distruct device made me think about something...

What if the Wraith are not in fact, the Dark Enemy, but in fact, are simply the New Jaffa? The soldiers who serve the Dark Enemy, that would explain why they seem so ... well, stupid and easily beaten.

Did that self destruct remind anyone else of predator? Anyway, sorry, off topic.

I agree. The hollo-lady never actually named the dark enemy, so it would be cool if we found out the wraith were just guardians of a higher/more powerful race.
    We are the ori. You will be assymilated. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Hmmm....or what we're seeing are just the drones...deliberate cannon fodder....

Comment

Why would a species that doesn't die natually think of a way to kill themselves? Can they be tortured, made to suffer, from lack of food [people to feed on] so they don't want to be captured?
        Makes me think there must be a bigger fish out there that they don't want to fall captive to. The wimpy natives we've met so far don't seem enough of a motivation for ending your never ending existance.

Comment

And Jaffa aren't canon fodder?

Comment

Well, I'm starting to really like the Wraith.

The Wraith soldiers need to literally get ridiculed with hordes of bullets. Even then, they have a chance of healing it off. Seriously, three or four Wraith soldiers are quite impressing. The Wraith leader seems EXTRA strong, EXTRA fast and MUCH superior. Seriously, he tooks multiple shots and still didnt completely sucumb to the Wraith weapon.

The Wraith are actually starting to look better.

The self destructive thing also added a cool thing. They wont get into enemy hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
              Well, I'm starting to really like the Wraith.

The Wraith soldiers need to literally get ridiculed with hordes of bullets. Even then, they have a chance of healing it off. Seriously, three or four Wraith soldiers are quite impressing. The Wraith leader seems EXTRA strong, EXTRA fast and MUCH superior. Seriously, he tooks multiple shots and still didnt completely sucumb to the Wraith weapon.

The Wraith are actually starting to look better.

The self destructive thing also added a cool thing. They wont get into enemy hands.
              The little button reminded me of the tag on the "silly puddies" in Power Rangers. All you have to do is touch it and they explode. How hard would it be just to aim for it in combat?

Comment

It probably has some genetic lock so only the Wraith can blow themselves up, or something.

Besides, once you hit it, then you gotta get away from them before the explosion takes you out too.

Comment

Seriously, the Wraith arent as lame as everyone is saying. They did create some nifty tracking device against the Ancients.

Also realize the thing is hand activated. If you get that close to a wraith to press that button, that soldier is doing something wrong. You would have been in a neck lock or shot down.

Comment

Originally posted by HIj'Qa
                    Why would a species that doesn't die natually think of a way to kill themselves?
                    Because they don't die naturally.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I wonder what the wraiths did with those Ancient prisoners they took.

Drain their life energy? Torture?

Comment

They got their information, planetary hideouts, tech. They can do that. They can mentally probe your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                          The Wraith soldiers need to literally get ridiculed with hordes of bullets. Even then, they have a chance of healing it off.
                          Errr... I think you mean "riddled", not "ridiculed". If the bullets were ridiculing the Wraith I'd be worried for two reasons:

1) The bullets are sentient and capable of making fun of other entities.

2) The Wraith being so sensitive that a couple harsh comments from a sentient bullet could kill them.

Comment

They are, you just know since they are always so melodramatic.

The badness of the villain in SG universe is directly proportional to the corniness of his speech.

Starting with Goa'uld's "Bow to your god", to Mr.Anubis's "you bring destruction to your people". Now we have Wraith's "...you've only hasten your own doom".

Oh yes, they are the enemy.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Major Fischer, now you have me thinking about this... maybe they *are* more like the Jaffa. I keep going back to "Rising" and the female who referred to herself as the "caretaker" - implying that some worse creatures were to follow - those who were still asleep. Maybe we haven't seen the real enemy yet.

"We came through and once more saw the stars." - Dante

Karen

Comment

Working...
                              X