This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori armor vs. Jaffa armor

Which do you think is better? (this is refering to the body armor not the ship armor BTW) Not nessicarily better in terms of just protection either. We know that the Jaffa armor is for the most part bullet-proof, at least against conventional ordinance. IMO the Ori troops have cooler-looking armor but we haven't really seen just how much punishment their ground forces can take yet.

What are your thoughts on which group has the better armor?
    MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Spoiler:
    Snape kills Dumbledore
    Spoiler:
    Darth Vader is Luke's Father
    Spoiler:
    Rosebud is a sled
    Spoiler:
    Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
    Spoiler:
    The planet of the apes is actually Earth
    Spoiler:
    The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
    Spoiler:
    Clark Kent is Superman
    Spoiler:
    What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Jaffa amror bullet proof? What show have you been watching for the last 9 seasons?
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

If the Ori helmets had glowing eyes like the Serpent helmets did then I'd love them

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
        Jaffa amror bullet proof? What show have you been watching for the last 9 seasons?

in the first couple eps (maybe the movie too, not too sure) they were, but I think they upgraded to armour piercing bullets.

Comment

It was initially, I like to think that after Children of the Gods, our military started making bullets that were even more potent armor-piercing rounds. Remember the Gate Room at the very beginning of Children of the Gods? Apophis' Guard killed the 4-5 guys playing cards, while our maching guns bullets were bouncing off the Jaffa's armor... but we still managed to kill 2, which if you re-watch you'll see Apophis is both angry and SHOCKED that we were able to do that! After that, our bullets got steadily better in terms of piercing Jaffa armor.

Comment

While I seriously like the Ori Warrior armor, for now, I'll go with the Jaffa armor.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

we will just have to wait to see them get into a battle.But I think the ori battle armor is better.
              sigpic

Comment

It's always been bulletproof against conventional ordinance right? That's why they use armor-piercing rounds. Unless I missed a major detail Jaffa armor can deflect regular bullets fairly well.
                MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                Spoiler:
                Snape kills Dumbledore
                Spoiler:
                Darth Vader is Luke's Father
                Spoiler:
                Rosebud is a sled
                Spoiler:
                Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
                Spoiler:
                The planet of the apes is actually Earth
                Spoiler:
                The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
                Spoiler:
                Clark Kent is Superman
                Spoiler:
                What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Haven't seen a whole heap of Ori armour so far, however I perfer Jaffa. Especially the full suits with the helmet things. Although I think the Ori armour looks more scary.

I also think the High Council robes are cool, very Monk like.
                  An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

The armour in the original movie with the retractable helmat is my favourite. So elegant in its design that I always wondered why TPTB didn't use it in the show. It's garment for the most part so it should be much cheaper than the full body armour we have now.
                    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I dont know about Jaffa armour being bullet proof but have any of you noticed that the Jaffa die yet you see the (what looks like) bullets bouncing off and making the clanging noise.

Anyway back to the topic, the Ori armour looks alot better and cooler, and just going on what the Ori are and the power they have, Im guessing the Ori soldier armour is alot better in terms of protection than the Jaffa armour was

Comment

Ori ones hands down.
                        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by muddyalcapones
                          It's always been bulletproof against conventional ordinance right? That's why they use armor-piercing rounds. Unless I missed a major detail Jaffa armor can deflect regular bullets fairly well.
                          The military uses FMJ rounds by default, so why the bullets would suddenly change doesn't make a lot of sense. More than anything else, the writers wanted the Jaffa to apear big, bad, and scary at the start of the show.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

the ori armour looks cool and knightly and also has a built in zat sort of thing but weaker to the goauld.
                            sigpic

Comment

The military uses FMJ rounds by default, so why the bullets would suddenly change doesn't make a lot of sense. More than anything else, the writers wanted the Jaffa to apear big, bad, and scary at the start of the show.
                              Either that or after Children of the Gods they designed (quickly!) rounds that could penetrate Jaffa armor. Convenient plot device, yes, but it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X