No announcement yet.

Progeny (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it a lot! Wow! An episode with some meat to it. I like!

It mightve been similar to a few SG1 eps, but they sure did a great job! Good episode, kept me interested!

Yey, more hope for SGA.
    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

highlights in this episode

seeing a city ship fly, our Atlantis getting destroyed (loved that part) the scene where there are 15 or more Aurora class ships overall great CGI

once again SGA makes me forget what happen on SG-1 tonight
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I don't know. It was a great episode overall. It left me confused. Did the Ancients create the replicators and if so are they the same as the android Reese we found a long time ago? It kept my attention the whole way through, I have to say. Season 3 is off to a great start.

I live by M-Theory!

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
          You would have done differently in Weir's position?

You might not be talking if Atlantis had gotten destroyed in the process.

You saw at the end that Niam couldn't resist the "resetting" of his base code--that is evident enough that Oberoth would not have reconsidered and Atlantis would be sinking in pieces right now.
          Well, the original plan should have involved using the update before trying to convince Oberoth or anyone. By changing the plan, they made the others aware of a "problem" with Niam, and so they changed his code. The original plan had plenty of time to be attempted before using the freeze. They jumped the gun and it cost them the opportunity for a great alliance.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
            Seeing the city ship fly was definitely a high point. But, repeating the Ancient's mistake, they had a chance to make a powerful ally, and they threw it away. The Ancient's are kind of heartless after seeing that, I really don't like them, all those ships firing on the Asuran city. I thought the Asurans attacked the Ancient's, but it seems like the Ancient's let them go build a city, begin a civilization, and then decided just to wipe them out, for no apparent reason. Still, it was nice to see so manyy Lantian ships, but their weapons weren't causing much damage to the city itself.
            Its ironic because there isn't 1 noted instance of that type of aggression the lanteans shown against the Asurans while they were battling the wraith. Maybe they should have used that method more on wraith hive ships and things would have turned out differently.

Is it just me or does the Ancients seem no better than anyone else?

Comment

I dont even know why McKay said they might be related to the Replicators. Those were created by the andriod girl from that planet. They did reuse the same hand in head effect though.
              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                The first half of this was great. The second half felt like watching Unnatural Selection all over again. It fell completely flat for me.
                The same here, as soon as McKay said they are Relicaptors, the episode seem to follow the same path of that episode. But, on the good side, we have them back again in the Stargate. Maybe Niam could be the next 5th.
                "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
                The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
                Rose: "Your face!"
                The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
                The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                  Well, the original plan should have involved using the update before trying to convince Oberoth or anyone. By changing the plan, they made the others aware of a "problem" with Niam, and so they changed his code. The original plan had plenty of time to be attempted before using the freeze. They jumped the gun and it cost them the opportunity for a great alliance.
                  The team should have just updated the code to Liam and allowed him to at least try. Have the freeze plan as a backup just in case Oberoth couldn't be convinced.

Comment

It looked great, it felt great at first, I WANTED it to be great, but all it was, was a total rip-off of "Unnatural Selection", which is one of my all time fav SG1 episodes.

Disappointed, to say the least.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                      Exactly, I was loving the episode until it started to feel like I was watching Unnatural Selection. I wonder far Asuras is from Lantia and how long it took for them to get to Lantia using the star drive.
                      Exactly. The second half was like watching unnatural selection all over again, except that episode had a better solution. I was incredibly disappointed to see that kind of an ending on such a great start.
                      sigpic

Comment

As usual, great ep!

I love how they made Rodney nice. I mean saying stuff like: are you okay?; I'm sorry that it didn't work; stuff like that. .

I also think that Ronon was trying to impress Teyla with his fancy gun work.

It was a great way to introduce the new enemy. Unfortunately my dad totally missed that. Even though my bro has told him that ... a few times. (sigh)

I also loved that look that Zelenka gave Rondney at the end when Rodney said that he hates it when people don't admit their mistakes. That look was a classic.

And all I could think of was Fith when they said that they would take the replicator dude with them. Only they did take him.

And the parts where John and Rodney were acting like two year olds was so cute. Them argueing over how much time before the city blows up was so childish. And they looked like little boys too. That made it all the funnier.

Writers: GREAT JOB!!!
                        Last edited by Daniel's Sister; 11 August 2006, 07:47 PM.
                        *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

The first half of this was great. The second half felt like watching Unnatural Selection all over again. It fell completely flat for me.
                          I'm with you on this one. I guess there are only so many stories you can tell without becoming redundant but on Atlantis it's just getting tiresome for me.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                          Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                            I dont even know why McKay said they might be related to the Replicators. Those were created by the andriod girl from that planet. They did reuse the same hand in head effect though.
                            The theory is that one of the ancients who designed the Asuran nanites were one of the ones who returned to Earth and travelled through the stargate to another planet where he created Reese who was capable of creating nanites herself and control them. Reese then created the replicators as toys and the rest is history.

Comment

Exactly. The second half was like watching unnatural selection all over again, except that episode had a better solution. I was incredibly disappointed to see that kind of an ending on such a great start.
                              You right it did feel a little like Unnatural Selection. This is Carl's best episode to date. And I'm surprised Mikita directed it, this would have been a good ep for a Wood or DeLuise directed ep. But Andy does a good job too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Definitely. I would be ok with the repeat if this was a one-shot episode, but to use a recurring villain on Atlantis that was similar to a recurring villain on SG1 is too much. I want something completely different.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X