• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progeny (305)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 305

Weir and the team visit an advanced civilization that split off from the Lanteans thousands of years ago, but discover that they may not have left Atlantis in peace.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:48 PM.

Great ep. I'm happy we saw the human form Replicators again. I can wait for "The Return" in a few weeks.
    sigpic

Comment

One Word:

Amazing.

Breathtaking CGI.

Awesome City ship.

Awesome new enemy.
      I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Honestly one of the best Atlantis episodes to date. Sateda and now this! S3 sounds great. The last scene with Niam floating in space really set the tone for the episode as a whole. The CGI was great, everything was great.

There was a lack of suspense at times, but that may have come from reading the spoilers. I can't wait for "The Return" now!

Grats to Carl Binder for writing such a fantastic episode.

Comment

Someone please tell me why the Stargate personnel are incapable of learning from mistakes? Betray the replicators once, it returns to cause them massive trouble. The Ancients betrayed these replicators, and it caused problems. Why do they think it would be a good idea to immediately betray the replicators a third time, especially when a peaceful solution with a high probability of success has already presented itself. Keep the freeze-the-replicators-and-blow-up-the-city plan as a backup, but give the other plan a reasonable chance.

Why must characters make stupid decisions to advance the plot?
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
            One Word:

Amazing.

Breathtaking CGI.

Awesome City ship.

Awesome new enemy.
            ya there goes the budget for the rest of the year lol
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

At least they didn't betray and leave behind their one ally this time, even though he didnt stick around long.
              I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                Someone please tell me why the Stargate personnel are incapable of learning from mistakes? Betray the replicators once, it returns to cause them massive trouble. The Ancients betrayed these replicators, and it caused problems. Why do they think it would be a good idea to immediately betray the replicators a third time, especially when a peaceful solution with a high probability of success has already presented itself. Keep the freeze-the-replicators-and-blow-up-the-city plan as a backup, but give the other plan a reasonable chance.

Why must characters make stupid decisions to advance the plot?
                You would have done differently in Weir's position?

You might not be talking if Atlantis had gotten destroyed in the process.

You saw at the end that Niam couldn't resist the "resetting" of his base code--that is evident enough that Oberoth would not have reconsidered and Atlantis would be sinking in pieces right now.

Comment

The first half of this was great. The second half felt like watching Unnatural Selection all over again. It fell completely flat for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

AWESOME!

KICKASS!

Excelelnt episode. Carl Binder knows how to do the Shep-McKay banter as well as write scenes in which the team actually interacts. That impressed me more than the great SPX (like the pseudo-Atlantis, the flying city, and the gorgeous moonlight sky over Atlantis).

Plus the Shep whump, the McKay whump (which fanfic writers will have a ball with).

Comment

Is it me or does the moral question presented in this Atlantis code pretty much like a recycled event of sg1's dealings with "fifth" and the other original human replicators? Another thing is how can McKay rewire code in a couple of hours tops yet the Asurans couldn't do it in thousands of years. Finally, I hope they realize that since Niam (sp?) is not an organic life form that he doesn't need oxygen to survive and so he is just floating in space gazing at Atlantis? How about they take the initiative to rewrite his code again, disconnect the subspace communication between him and the other Asurans and retrieve him.

The next logical move would be for the Atlantis expedition to return to earth because if the Asurans could build 1 Atlantis, they can certainly build another one and they will just come after Atlantis again without having to worry about internal sabotage.

I wonder what kind of weapons the Asurans were planning on using to destroy Atlantis? To me that is the most significant question left by this episode.

Comment

Seeing the city ship fly was definitely a high point. But, repeating the Ancient's mistake, they had a chance to make a powerful ally, and they threw it away. The Ancient's are kind of heartless after seeing that, I really don't like them, all those ships firing on the Asuran city. I thought the Asurans attacked the Ancient's, but it seems like the Ancient's let them go build a city, begin a civilization, and then decided just to wipe them out, for no apparent reason. Still, it was nice to see so manyy Lantian ships, but their weapons weren't causing much damage to the city itself.

Comment

Progeny was interesting, but so downbeat. I hate to see the Atlantis team perfecting their manipulation and betrayal skills. Certainly Liz has it down pat. I think she should stay home in the future. She's ready to destroy whole civilizations these days at the drop of a hat.

They're really becoming the bad guys of the universe.

Poor Liam. That was awful.

The special effects were brilliant. Really excellent job of it. And David Ogden Stiers was fantastic, too. Wicked arrogance. Nice job.

Some nice Sheppard-McKay interaction saved the ep from being entirely depressing. They're such boys. Loved the exchange of smacks.

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                            The first half of this was great. The second half felt like watching Unnatural Selection all over again. It fell completely flat for me.
                            Exactly, I was loving the episode until it started to feel like I was watching Unnatural Selection. I wonder far Asuras is from Lantia and how long it took for them to get to Lantia using the star drive.

Comment

Sounds like a cool ep. Flying cities, evil villans etc Can uh anyone tell a whumpaholic, will probably write a fanfic about it, slightly obsessed person, what the shep whump was?
                              Maybe a summary of the ep too? Oh i'm a pain........

Comment

Working...
                              X