No announcement yet.

Irresistible (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode should NEVER have been made. Plain and simple. I personally am not a fan at all of the character or the actor. So for me, there was no redeeming quality to this episode whatsoever!!!
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenChevron View Post
      Sole real redeeming quality to the episode.?* I simply thought it was pointless.?* His second episode is better.
      Not much but it is a little better
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Kicking yourself in the B***s feels better than watching this episode .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          Kicking yourself in the B***s feels better than watching this episode .
          I have to agree, this episode was horrible. Dex sucked even more then usual and Teyla was so annoying I wanted to shoot myself.

If you can avoid this episode, avoid it!
          sigpic

Comment

When I heard about how much eveyone hates this annoying Lucius fellow I expected this episode to really suck. There are plenty of characters that really annoy me (Felger and Kinsey spring to mind with great urgency!).
            After I watched this ep, I was left thinking that Lucius isn't that bad. Certainly not a favourite, but tolerable. So was the rest of the episode.

I didn't see it at the time, but some people here make a good point about the whole date rape issue, which was glossed over and not dealt with in the ep. Those villagers are very forgiving people, to merely banish him for his crimes!

Comment

This episode should have been named "Unwatchable". Sorry, but this episode just didn't work.
              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                This episode should have been named "Unwatchable". Sorry, but this episode just didn't work.
                Why do you say that? I thought it was watchable...
                sigpic

Comment

what location was this (and 313) filmed.
                  It appeared to be same 'tpwn' that was in SG1 where the force field kept getting smaller as the power darined and the people 'forgot' things.
                  The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                    Why do you say that? I thought it was watchable...
                    I watched it once, thought it was mildly amusing, and then a female fan pointed out the date rape aspect, and I was all "What??" then "Ohhhh" then "Ewwwwue". IMO it was a mistake to treat it so lightly...the later hero-worship ep worked nicely, though. But I don't think I'll ever watch the whole of Irresistible ever again.

Irresistible was irresponsibleisall
                    Late to the Gate

Comment

Terrible episode for Stargate. Lucius committed multiple rapes as well as putting people in deadly situations, and all he got was a slap on the wrist. His serious conversation with the imprisoned Sheppard showed that he knew exactly what he was doing, and he was just an evil man.

Comment

If the objective was to make it a fun ep well, I didn't enjoy watching it. I would probably watch an episode were an alien entity (with a joker personality) control the expedition team leading them to pull pranks against each other then somewhere in the middle of the story the twists come to surprise us.

Comment

I liked irresistable. Lucious made alot of sense as far as motivation. He couldnt have been treated very well by the villagers his whole life, then found an edge over them. Makes sense a social misfit would take advantage of a potion that makes everyone like him. It also fits that hed have no ethical problem with the loss of freedom of will too. Given that one wifes comment that she rudely turned him down alot before he got the potion it musta felt like a godsend to him.

Systems theory dosent use cause>effect but goes with an effect>effect circle. Its logical how his ostracization led to his immorality and eventually him being run out of town without the potion.

Im even more suprised the expedition destroyed the chemical samples, imagine if the perfume companies got ahold of it O.O

Comment

I liked the end when John sais that he will go to clean McKay room...

Comment

this episode has gotten a lot of crap, i personally thought it was a good episode and i really can't understand why people hate it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
                                this episode has gotten a lot of crap, i personally thought it was a good episode and i really can't understand why people hate it so much.
                                I really like this episode too and there were a lot of great lines...
                                "Fly Lucius,fly!"
                                "How do you get your hair to go like that?"
                                "Did you just say gourds?"
                                "The lame can walk again. Well, some still crawl, but they crawl a lot faster than they used to. "
                                sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Working...
                                X