Irresistible (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually thought this was a funny ep. I liked the actor playing Lucius
    The actor playing Carson did great too. I just don't really like his character, and this time he was SO annoying it was actually funny...

Comment

I think this episode could be funny, but Lucius just makes my skin crawl ugh
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit View Post
        What the hell. This guy is a serial rapist who enslaved an entire village and basically tried to rape Dr. Weir, and all they do is send him back to his planet to go on living his life, without the herb?

They should have sent him along on the next trip back to Earth to stand trial.
        Haha, that's exactly what I came here to say, "the man is a serial rapist and you're basically gonna let him get off scot-free??". It's all very screwed-up actually.
        www.soundcloud.com/redun

Comment

So was it just me or did anyone else realize they started out the episode with the gate being a space gate, followed by Carson walking through the gate to Atlantis with Lucius later? Plot hole!
          Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
          sigpic
          Lady Pandora
          Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

It started with them talking about space gates, not with an actual space gate. You may have inferred a space gate from the jumper. However, the first shot is of the inside of the jumper and they only ever show it flying over a forested region, not through space. As you may recall from previous episodes, it's not uncommon for them to use a jumper to reach Pegasus settlements that are located some distance from a planetary gate.

Also, nothing in the dialogue established that they were only dialing space gates. Rodney said they should be spending their time harvesting space gates, Sheppard reminded him that protocol dictated they explore a planet when they detect life signs, Rodney reiterated his point, and then briefly explained how the gate bridge would work. You may have thought this meant they were only dialing space gates, but it was never established that they necessarily knew which addresses were space gates and which were planetary ones before sending a MALP through, and later in the episode it was explained that while "harvesting space gates" meant they preferred taking existing space gates, it also meant taking a planetary gate and converting it to a space gate under certain circumstances...

McKAY: One tiny settlement on the entire planet? Look, all we'd have to do is relocate them.

SHEPPARD: We're not evacuating an entire planet so we can take their Gate.

LUCIUS: So you just fly to a planet, you take the Gate, you fly away.

WEIR: Well, we try to take Stargates that are in fixed orbit around a planet, and then only if the planet is uninhabited. Obviously, it wouldn't be right to take a Gate from a world that depended on it for trade.

LUCIUS: Yeah, I have. And I heard that this planet is completely uninhabited. It's what I heard. I don't know about you guys, but I've got a good feeling about this planet.

WEIR: Well, then, we could retrofit the Gate for space deployment.
            Last edited by Xaeden; 26 May 2022, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X