Sateda (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIdweek, another ep of SG1...

1. This time round I was waiting for trouble in the village.

2. Good scene in the lab.

3. Very good scene with Beckett.

Still very fun ep.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Both this episode Ronon was nothing but a grunting caveman. He was just as depthless (Is that a real word?) as Ford in season 2. Yes I can understand the grief one must have gone through when he orginaly saw Satedia. But none of that was really shown in Ronon's characterization. But I think by making Ronon relive that horror we got to see who Ronon was and who Ronon is now. He lost everything when Satedia fell and I think it was important to show he had a person he loved and friends and a life he all lost when the Wraith came. He lost everything which I think shows the "I hate all forms of Wraith" that we saw in S2 (ie Ellia and human Micheal). This is also demonstrated in the action sections when Ronon is running around in apoclyaptic world. He is out for revenge and blood because of what the "Wraith King" did to him. Can't really say I blamed him. On the other hand we see how much Ronon and team care about each other. Ronon almost killed himself for the other team and Sheppherd yelled at Caldwell to save Ronon. While I am more inclined to agree with Caldwell's POV over Shepphed I do think its important to show how much the team cares about Ronon. This can further shown when McKay and Beckett fired a drone at the Wraith that was trying to kill Ronon. All in all it is one of Atlantis' best episode
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        But I think by making Ronon relive that horror we got to see who Ronon was and who Ronon is now. He lost everything when Satedia fell and I think it was important to show he had a person he loved and friends and a life he all lost when the Wraith came. He lost everything which I think shows the "I hate all forms of Wraith" that we saw in S2 (ie Ellia and human Micheal). This is also demonstrated in the action sections when Ronon is running around in apoclyaptic world. He is out for revenge and blood because of what the "Wraith King" did to him. Can't really say I blamed him.
        I have to agree; to see Ronan actually run after being hinted, to see what he had to go through and the pain he had to endure really added a lot to his character. For me, it's a good episode but it's far from SGA's best.
        Back from the grave.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
          It's a Satedan revenge thing.
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I liked seeing Ronin's back story. Also the main wraith was cool looking bad guy. I didn't care for how easy the wraith went down. Sometimes they are killing machines and other times they are dainty flowers.

Comment

Power of plot. That is what the Wraith and the Goa'uld/Jaffa were powered by.

Anyone remember when it was hard to bring down the Goa'uld or a Jaffa. Yeah that didn't last even a whole season.
              Hi There!

Comment

I like that they showed some back story to Ronon, I wish they were able to do that for other characters.
                sigpic

Comment

It would have been a good idea to have gone more into that other Runner's backround too, pity we only had him for 1 ep.

Comment

So I just watched this for the first time, and I'm really impressed. This was the first really heavy Ronon-centric episode and he handles it excellently. I loved all the flashback-montages and the fight sequences.

Favorite part was still Sheppard trying to one-up everyone with his kill count. Haha. I was dying every time his kill count increased.
                    sigpic
                    [call me loser.]

Comment

OK some Easter egg in March.
                      Ronen threw down his guns and never retrieved them before getting into the jumper. Wanna bet he has that super gun of his next episode.

Comment

When did he throw away his particle magnum? The only guns I recall him throwing away are triple barrel shotguns and double barrel sawn-offs.

sigpic
                        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                          When did he throw away his particle magnum? The only guns I recall him throwing away are triple barrel shotguns and double barrel sawn-offs.
                          spoilers
                          Ronin threw down the "Satiden" pistols and shotguns as they emptied. Before his final fight with the "Wraith King". They both postured at each other and threw down all their weapons except knives. After them making a few battle cries at each other Ronin ran up on the wraith hive leader and was thrown aside. After him getting mostly beaten up McKay and the Doctor showed up with the jumper and blew the king away.
                          Ronin was then hustled into the jumper just as the hive ship started hitting the area with energy weapons. He was practically carried out and never took the time to pick anything up.
                          We see all five characters in continuous motion during the whole scene. Unless Tayla thought to pick it up during the fight it's a forgotten piece.
                          Last edited by unscheduled traveller; 12 March 2018, 12:34 PM. Reason: spoilers

Comment

I just watched the scene and I still don't know what you're talking about. The last time we see him with his particle magnum is when he is in a hall gunning down wraith 36 minutes in. 1 Satedan pistol is emptied so he tosses that aside and pulls out a second but keeps his magnum. Last scene shows him firing at the camera with both magnum and pistol which cuts to white. A few cuts between jumper and Shepard before we get a cut to Ronon challenging the head wraith. Cut to Ronon telling Shepard to stay out of it. Cut to outside where Ronon waits for the wraith. Dart drop him off. They make gestures and battle cries. Then they duke it out. That hallway scene is the last time we see him use his magnum in the rest of the episode. We don't even see him discard the other pistol he was holding.

Like, do you have a time stamp?

sigpic

Comment

Here's a screenshot from a youtube. Holster's empty.Capture.jpg

Comment

Sharp eye. Still that would've fallen in line with directing goof rather than writing goof. If this was shot in the same session as his fight scene, they probably didn't give it to him because that's not a proper holster and would result in his gun repeatedly falling out and breaking.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X