Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Chevron Misbegotten (302)

Visit the Episode GuideATLANTIS SEASON THREE
    MISBEGOTTEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 302

The Atlantis team must decide the fate of a colony of Wraith they have turned into humans. Dr. Weir must defend her leadership when she is evaluated by the I.O.A.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; January 8th, 2007 at 01:20 PM.

Default Re: Misbegotten (302)

All in all a great episode.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

A galaxy like this one on a planet like this one

A good ep indeed.

Say goodbye to ANOTHER ship...

Chief Master Sergeant siXbrownSnakes2's Avatar

I liked the ep. Carson shined, exceptional acting by everyone (which is unheard of for Atlantis so far) and a good story. Glad to see Woolsey finally out of the way, but that little arc did add some good character to Weir.

Michaels fate, as spoilers show, is undecided. Apparently the hive ship wasn't there when Daedalus got to the planet, so we don't know for sure if he was picked up. But if it does, it means the Wraith know about Atlantis. And that could be a problem.

Good episode. ***1/2 from me.

It's truly amazing how this mistake with Michael keeps coming back to bite them in the behind. And amazingly, still, no one questions it. amazing.
    Weir doesn't even get called on it. They just dance around it. How disappointing. A truly missed opportunity for some tension and drama.

Despite those issues the episode was a good one. I'm just disappointed how they skimped on the ethics. I don't really need them to agree that it was wrong; it just would have been nice to see somone have some real doubts. Instead they simply confirmed that they're ok with their choices...no drama there.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

I thought it was a good episode, overall, season 3 is to a better start than last. Though, is it just me, or am I pissed off what they keep doing to Michael?

Michael and Carson wher ethe stars of this episode as far as im conserned

and Poor Michael likes to get screwed over alot doesnt he...

good episode which I enjoyed more than SG1 again this week

though im getting sick of them blow up every new ship we get...

Earth Symbol Re: Misbegotten (302)

I don't like how cool everyone is with Woolsey lying to the IOA.

Wow..that was a whole lot of NOTHING! Blech. I now get what the trick is TPTB are going to use in season 3. Setting up something that looks really promising and exciting, giving us the TEASE of it only to deliver the FADE OUT. Hey viewers, you don't need to SEE the action. YOU know what happened. Right? We'll just save time and money by not actually showing you anything cool and exciting. Just fill it in for yourself.
    Okay then. Wow. So not impressed.

What did any body really do? ALMOST be bad? Sheppard ALMOST got to do soldier stuff. Teyla ALMOST got to be impressive with her flying the ship. Ronon ALMOST got to be his bad self. Did I even once not know exactly what was going to happen before it did? Nope. Knew it like I had the script.

And what a surprise. Beckett's barely conscious one minute and perfectly fine the next. Woolsey thinks ELizabeth should stay in charge. WOW! Didn't see THAT Coming. ::ducks anvils::

And the previews for next week? Meh. Might be better simply cause it'll be intentionally stupid.

So much for thinking this year might be a gooder. ::Heavy sigh::

The only good points for me. Light on Rodney and he didn't tick me off this ep. And Sheppard looked great and got to come close to being in charge of stuff. Close to being the HEAD MILITARY GUY.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshAngel
    It's truly amazing how this mistake with Michael keeps coming back to bite them in the behind. And amazingly, still, no one questions it. amazing.
    Weir doesn't even get called on it. They just dance around it. How disappointing. A truly missed opportunity for some tension and drama.
    Under the circumstances with the Daedalus crew, it's not like they had a choice. That was rathy risky, depositing them on a planet, at least until a permanent solution could be found.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Heart Re: Misbegotten (302)

Well, at least Rodney tried to maintain some empathy and humanity. None of the others are even trying any more.

And how ironic is that, that Rodney's the only one who protested the slaughter.

Beckett only managed to at the very last second. But then I don't even find it believable that Beckett would ever have agreed to do any of this experimentation.

Woolsey's snap decision at the end wasn't particularly convincing either.
    It felt like the whole business with Liz/Woolsey was set up for one reason: so the writers could do a flirt scene between Liz and Sheppard. That line about defending her honor actually made me cringe.

Rodney was by far the most palatable and likeable character in this episode.
    I didn't even feel sorry for Beckett. He brought that on himself.

Though I am confused, wasn't the hyperdrive on the Hive severly damaged in the premiere?

Loved the episode, I just love that carson's fear of keep getting in the chair!!!

Arrow2 Re: Misbegotten (302)

Cool ep, good to see "Dick" Woolsey in the episode. Next weeks ep looks, uh, so-so. Good to see the Jumper again (first appearance this season, amazing eh)

Rodney’s Running Shoes

Jeez, will someone get on the phone with these guys and tell them to stop losing ships? In the words of Jack O'Neill "Ok, next mothership we keep!"

Wonder what Michael got out of Beckett, they never really clarified that.

Good episode though, and no one can complain about them getting beamed out at the last minute.
    I'm proud to be an American.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...daowned4gx.gif
    "...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Quote Originally Posted by MarshAngel
    Weir got called on that mistake last week, in case you missed it.

ETA: I haven't seen the ep...yet... in case anyone's wondering. *waits impatiently*

Lieutenant Colonel ussrelativity's Avatar

What situation had Beckett get in the chair?

: Why me?

Chief Master Sergeant markaudette's Avatar

Post Re: Misbegotten (302)

I think Misbegotten was an exceptionally fine episode. Strong writing. Strong scripting. And strong acting.

I really felt sorry for Micheal for what the team did to him (again.) At one time, the Atlantis team might have had him as an ally (maybe not...). But after the events of Misbegotten, Micheal will never be an ally ever again.
    Spoiler:
    Assuming Micheal and some other Wraith survived the bombardment from the caputured Hive ship, Micheal will forever be cemeted as Atlantis' nemesis.
    Spoiler:
    Factor in the fact Micheal now has the team's nuclear bomb, Micheal has now became the team's greatest singular threat.

I actually feel bad for Micheal.

It is nice to see that there are shades of grey in that whole area of fighting the Wraith. The team will have to deal with the choices they have made for a long time.

I give Misbegotten a 10. Perfect.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast