• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninvited (1005)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1005

Teal'c discovers a world where people are being savagely attacked by an elusive creature, leading SG-1 to a stunning discovery about its potential origin.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:28 PM.

Wow lots of folks viewing but no one responding...probably watching SGA... Anyway, I for one loved this episode. The discussion between Landry and Mitchell about leadership, Sam and Vala laying it out there and the poker game...what a hoot. I almost didn't miss Daniel IMHO this season rocks! Can't wait till next week.

Comment

I thought it was a great episode. Best Earth-Based of the Series. It was nice seeing a different side of Cam and Landry. Great ending, and that monster was cool too. Only 1 week to go until the 200th episode.
      sigpic

Comment

I really liked the "Holy Hannah!" comment... brought me back to one of my favorite characters.

Ace
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

This was a pretty good episode. They're writing Mitchell a lot better than last season. Making him seem like a soldier who's trying to cope with an extreme situation, instead of just some dumb guy who tags along and makes the occasional humorous comment.

I also like that he brought up the issue of the chain of command, but I was hoping Landry would say something like 'If you want this team that's been together for nine years to really see you as a leader you have to act like one and hand down commands, or else they'll just see you as any other member of the team'. Maybe in a future episode Mitchell can actually make a command decision.

I also want the issue of Vala arguing direct commands brought up. Somebody needs to tell her 'You wanted to join us, that means accepting that you have to take commands'. Maybe the occasional 'Vala...shut up'.

Overall though I would say season 10 is better than season 8 -- not nearly as good as seasons 2-7, but now I think getting as good as them is a possibility.

Comment

I loved Ben and Beau together. They work very well together. I laughed so much with them. How Ben kept a straight face when Beau did the bird call I will never know. I loved watching them interact with each other. It went so well.

Loved Landry telling Mitchell he depended on him to keep the team together and safe. That is pretty much telling us who the leader is. Loved when Mitchell told Landry he gets antsy sitting around.

The story itself with the mutants was stupid but I enjoyed the Mitchell/Landry part.

Sybil

Comment

I also like that he brought up the issue of the chain of command, but I was hoping Landry would say something like 'If you want this team that's been together for nine years to really see you as a leader you have to act like one and hand down commands, or else they'll just see you as any other member of the team'. Maybe in a future episode Mitchell can actually make a command decision.
              Actually the team wasn't together when Mitchell got there and he has made command decisions.

Sybil

Comment

Ah make the reward some Brad Paisley tickets and I could have taken that thing out with my eyes closed.......

Ok that's my self-degrading redneck joke for the evening. I enjoyed the episode, especially the fat joke(another southern thing, you won't understand); and that creature was one wicked pisser!

Comment

Originally posted by shester
                  I loved Ben and Beau together. They work very well together. I laughed so much with them. How Ben kept a straight face when Beau did the bird call I will never know. I loved watching them interact with each other. It went so well.Sybil
                  OMG I know! Makes you wonder how many takes they did, there looked like there was still a small smile on his lips, god that be so tough to do..and Landry was so serious to!

I liked the episode it was not to bad, the huntin' season reminds me during the deer season, Michiganders and other fellow states go NUTS! So I can definitely relate to that one!

I really of course loved the Mitchell/Landry scenes, him telling him to relax, and Mitchell kind of an ADHD can't sit still for very long (can also relate to that)

But yeah great episode, and just seeing the episode coming up I am going to be dying I know it

Comment

I liked this episode. Did not love it as I thought it was boring at times. But with that said, I really liked that Sam was in charge of the base and the team working together. I actually got a little scared towards the end with that big bad monster. Poker was wonderful.

I felt bad for Cam. Being stuck with his boss. Thats my worst nightmare.
                    Last edited by SMEAGOL2; 11 August 2006, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I thought the story itself was a little weak, but it had a lot of redeeming qualities:

It looks as if Sam can hold her own. She did a great job running the SGC. She also got a chance to show off her skills when she determined where the bugs were coming from.

Vala is becoming a more valuable member of Stargate Command. I like how they've toned her down a bit, but let her keep her sassy attitude.

It looks as if Mitchell is finally getting his footing. He's finally realizing that he is a vital member of stargate command and no longer seems to consider himself an "apprentice" of sorts to the rest of the team.

Finally, I loved the interaction between the team at the end. I just wish Daniel had been there. It was definately more apparent that he was missing this week.

Overall, it was a good episode.
                      46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                      sigpic
                      Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

I thought the scenes between Landry and Mitchell were a bit awkward and then I realized...well, they were supposed to be. It was a little disconcerting at first, but by the time the whole team got together, I felt that having them apart in the first half was pretty effective.

I really enjoyed how this episode really played to everyone's strengths. And the interactions between everyone--really marvelous! I liked how Sam and Vala were a little prickly and I loved how Vala just dotes on Teal'c. It's nice for him to have someone who he can relate to--she's from his 'world' so to speak and knows what he's lived through far better than the 'Tau'ri'. I like how he more than tolerates her. I love their relationship (and I don't mean in a shippy way).

It was nice to see some alien critters (no matter how deadly). I've always wondered why we don't see more critters--special effects cost, I guess. It would be nice to see some domesticated alien animals (like in the movie on Abydos).

A pretty good episode, even though it was a bit more graphic than usual.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

oh yeah forgot to mention one thing

I WANT MITCHELL'S CAR...she sure was a beauty!

Comment

Not a bad episode all in all. Of course my favorite scenes were with Landry and Mitchell. I just loved their interaction and how they played off each other. Mitchell and a mustang, dang my dream come true. Vala and Teal'c were quite amusing and her taking the lead as we go towards the end of the ep was hysterical. Loved the look that Mitchell gave her...Ending with the poker game was great. I will have to watch it again...loved seeing Mitchell in jeans...

Comment

Originally posted by shester
                              Actually the team wasn't together when Mitchell got there and he has made command decisions.

Sybil
                              Yeah, he brought them back together, and that was his only command decision.

I don't recall him ever ordering Sam, Daniel, or Teal'c to do anything other than exactly what they want.

Comment

Working...
                              X