• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morpheus (1002)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1002

SG-1 investigates a problem off-world and soon finds that they have become victims themselves: they cannot stay awake. Meanwhile, Vala Mal Doran undergoes an evaluation on Earth, hoping to join SG-1.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:30 PM.

this was a good episodes funny moments with vala and the psych test i can tell she is going to bring back some of the missed humour to stargate.

and i really enjoyed the Daniel Landry talk at the beginning. didn't really like the quick resolution this episode had a dark Derry feeling to it it was a nice change
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 21 July 2006, 06:05 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

me liked it. not a fan of cameron since he began on the show, and this episode doesnt help him at all still.

'Joe Bob' was the star of the episode.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

It was a decent episode right up till the end. It felt like they ran out of time and the ending was a complete cop out. The entire solution enacted off screen and enough time to save their lives? Highly unlikely. I don't know that I'd buy it any more it it was actually presented in the episode but at least I could say I actually saw the magical event happen.

I loved that Mitchell's line about the knights that say 'nee'. That was amusing. There were some good moments in this episode I only wish the ending weren't so shifty.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Good episode. This season is look better and better, an example is at the end of the episode, with Vala. Next weeks episode looks awesome.
          sigpic

Comment

I think this season is off to a good start. I'm loving Vala more and more. The whole bit with Woosley at the end was priceless. Excellent episode.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
            Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

I definitely liked this episode...I did think the ending was a bit off was like (shakes head) what tha...but I quickly forgot about it with Vala making a scene and a funny one at that to.

But the episode was great IMO...loved Mitchell's little one liners like all ways and I sqealed a little to much delight with the Monty Paython reference...and the slap on the soldier's head trying to keep him up was cute to by Teal'C...I'll be watching this again

Comment

I officially love Vala, now!
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Okay, one confusing point. Why did the other team come in with the hazmat suits? I mean, I know why they were wearing them, but weren't they told it would still be too dangerous to come to the planet? Was there a scene where Landry decided they needed to risk it to get SG1 and the others out?

The scene at the start with Daniel running in with the files, talking fast, that must be the one the article was talking about when it said a lot like early Daniel.

This was a team episode. Team together for large parts of the episode, but not together for the whole time. Splitting up at times, but not like 5 minutes together and then 40 (or however long an episode actually is) apart, then a quick scene together at the end.

Um, where was that angsty scene between Daniel and Sam? I'm guessing it was supposed to be them trying to keep each other awake and Sam saying she couldn't stay awake. Not really my idea of angsty. I thought there would be talking, angsty dialogue. Not a bad scene for what it was, though.

Nothing to complain about as far as characters. Well, horrible taste in movies for Mitchell, but that's about it Didn't feel anyone did too much or too little. Did the animal Teal'c brought out play a part in the solution?

That doctor that was with them, has he been there before?

Interesting that Daniel would speak up for Vala joining the SGC. But, she does have a possible advantage being Adria's mother (possible, because who knows if Adria will ultimately decide that Vala is an enemy, and then that advantage is gone). Although, I'm glad that he still gets annoyed with her. It wouldn't make sense if he didn't. And, was the trick with Woolsey thought up in the first place, or after she kept trying to trick the test? And, I'm glad she's on probation. It would be way too easy for her to join SG1 after just a few tests.

So, an actual team episode, people together. Now, they need to go to planets with live people. Nothing super fantastic, but a nice little one shot episode (I actually prefer those to big arcs). And, no Ori! *does dance* But, maybe I missed it, weren't the parasites supposed to be connected to planets SG1 had visited? Did they mention it in the episode?
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Vala was great.

Ending reminded me of "Full Alert" from S8, a little fast but nonetheless a good episode until then. It could have used another element to create suspense, but whatever, was decent.

This episode was something we haven't really seen in awhile, the team going to another world for the sake of exploring and finding something. We don't go through the stargate for the hell of it anymore like it was in the early seasons. It was good to have the team together like that.

The previews for Pegasus Project looked promising as well. Being written by Brad Wright, ive got high expectations for it.

If I were rating the ep I'd give it a **1/2, the ending being too quick really sort of ruined it.

Comment

A few small things. First, we had Mitchell and Daniel having a little scene (where Daniel wanted to stay looking through the books), Mitchell and Teal'c in the caves, Daniel and Sam near the end. So, we need to have some Sam and Teal'c moments. They don't seem to realize playing up this pairing (as teammates and friends) would be so good.

Also, Daniel wears glasses. He wore them the whole time, as far as I can remember (thank you). There's no need for him and Mitchell to be in different colored uniforms all the time. Seriously, they don't look that much alike, and again, glasses.

But, now, I want an episode where SG1 has hallucinations. That would have been interesting to see.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

This was one of the worst episodes I've ever seen. THe whole sleeping village was sooo boring. Couldn't they liven it up with some interesting conversation between team members? Or something?! Nothing really happend. And SG-1 never did figure out the solution. Someone else came in and solved their problem. THat is terrible storytelling. Terrible. How about showing us some of those hallucinations? That would've been interesting. How about some urgency? As it was, the team members fell asleep and were okay. The lizard was just stupid. And the copout ending where they explained what happend to us the audience was totally lame.

And I thought Vala's "psych" evaluation was the silliest thing. I didn't find it funny or interesting at all. Just stupid.

At least something happened in last week's episode. Nothing happened in this one. Ugh. I watch something like this and I can't believe the writers thought it was good enough to put on the air.

At least Eureka was good beforehand.

Comment

So, it's six planets not galaxies. I loved the beginning, when Teal'c came through the Stargate, and told them about Adria. Vala's interview, her studying for a psychological examination was very funny. I can't believe I was so worried, when Teal'c fell, just before reaching the cave's exit, or when he couldn't really tell them the creatures significance. The part with Vala and Woolsey, this was a good episode, the next will be better.

This is a response to an earlier post. In the village Ver'isca, I think that's how it's spelled, the Ori followers created six ships, not only the four that came through the gate.

Comment

Go Teal'c!

I was sorta hoping Mitchell would be forgotten back in the cave.

Vala is also starting to grow on me, she was great in this episode.

Next week looks like its going to be awesome.
                            I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

better than last week's, not quite as draggy as F&B.

it did have some good moments and, shock of shocks they used that round spinny thing, which has become such a rarity.

vala....she annoys me. her lines were funny and i can see what they were doing, i can see how peopel adore her but the character as a whole just rubs me the wrong way. I was literally turning the volume down when she'd go on one of her tangents. maybe she'll be better once she's not the sole focus of the scene and has someone else to interact with

i also found hte ending to be way too abrupt. It suffered from J&PTS. Joe and Paul's Tidy Syndrome...the 'holy crud we have only 7 minutes left, quick let's pull a cure out of thin air and get all the toys put away before they fade to black.'

I loved that teal'c saved the day. Finally, someone else gets to be the hero. and i liked how they all worked together to solve the issue. sam and daniel had some cute bits, as did teal'c and cam

had hte vala storyline not been in it, it woulda gotten 7 of 10, but my irritation with her and her antics drops it to 6 of 10
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X