Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a Babylon 5-like conclusion enevitable?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a Babylon 5-like conclusion enevitable?

Most of you know what happened in the plot arc of babylon 5. If you don't then consider this a spoiler and read no further..

Ok, so the firsts ones, the Shadows and the Vorlons were basically pitting the lower races against eachother... Almost like immature parents trying to get their child to side with them and their opinion. Sheridan basically said... "enough of this! We don't want to be a part of your little squabbles anymore"

It seems to me (especially now that the ancients are trying to influence and help SG-1) that a very similar set of circumstances is playing out. I'm not sure if this has been touched on before but I apologize if it has.

I guess I'm just looking at parralells here. The Ori are like the Shadows and the Ancients are like the Vorlons. For whatever reason they're not facing eachother head on, but they are definitely sending "the lower races" after eachother. They're both ancient races with disputing ideals.

I think maybe the best solution SG-1 has at the moment is to some how turn the tables and convince the ori and the ancients to go at war with eachother, like Sheridan did to the Vorlons and shadows.

I honestly sort of hope they don't come up with a technology driven solution to all that. This show is about aquiring new technology to solve problems I admit that. But I'm just sort of tired of contrived "new" technologies to cure all ills. I want a real solution, but unfortunatly the only one i can see that might work, besides miraculously conventient technology, is something equivalent to the solution in Babylon 5.

So I had a harder time bringing focus to this thread than I thought I would, but... tell me what you think.

Oh I'd personally love it, but I'm just trying to think of how they could alter the story to make it not seem like a stolen plot-line... and interestingly enough the Ancients are more like the Shadows than the Vorlons, the Ancients believe in free will and leaving the younger races alone even when they are about to blow each other to hell, and the Ori are about strict order and obidience, very much like the Vorlons. Now obviously the Ancients are much nicer people than the Shadows, but still.

Plus I think the more 'acended' nature of the Stargate older races makes a direct conflict kind of... confusing... at least the Vorlons and Shadows still had physical bodies (to an extent) and still possessed great, powerful fleets. The Ancients and Ori, without the younger races (mostly Humans in gate-verse), basically have nothing but their little balls of energy they call a body.

Comment

Originally posted by Seldini View Post
      Oh I'd personally love it, but I'm just trying to think of how they could alter the story to make it not seem like a stolen plot-line... and interestingly enough the Ancients are more like the Shadows than the Vorlons, the Ancients believe in free will and leaving the younger races alone even when they are about to blow each other to hell, and the Ori are about strict order and obidience, very much like the Vorlons. Now obviously the Ancients are much nicer people than the Shadows, but still.

Plus I think the more 'acended' nature of the Stargate older races makes a direct conflict kind of... confusing... at least the Vorlons and Shadows still had physical bodies (to an extent) and still possessed great, powerful fleets. The Ancients and Ori, without the younger races (mostly Humans in gate-verse), basically have nothing but their little balls of energy they call a body.
      And probably horribly dangerous to have 2 groups of ascended beings duke it out. They could have destroyed the galaxy in the process...
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

I can see some similarities, but I don't think it is the same. The Vorlons and the Shadows were just about their ideologies, they didn't directly benefit.

Interesting parallel, but not enough to be a rip off or anything.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X