Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, maybe Russel was trying to make a point of sexuality through Torchwood?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

^^ More than likely, but I think when you try and portray it so far from reality it sorta loses it's meaning, I think they're trying too hard tbh
      Last edited by jenks; 17 April 2007, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Torchwood was really bad. Let's just hope season two actually has a point to the series...
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

fair play putting some bi sextual people in, new age telly.
          But EVERYONE bisextual, isn't that going abit to far, some people are just straight.
          Hola

Hello

Comment

What is Torchwood?
            I was happy to discover that it had nothing to do with flaming genitalia.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think a lot of people are being unfair about Torchwood. I loved it, it's great, in fact compared to most of the drivel on TV these days it's almost perfect.

"protect your children" ok good point but this is an after watershed program, so you should have put the little buggers to bed anyway.

I think in the same way series 1 and 2 of the new Dr Who explored relationships and made the whole thing more character driven (as opposed to cheap rubber suit driven). Series 3 is maybe going a little too far with the shippiness tho'. Funny no one ever complained about shippiness in Hitchikers Guide. (was there tho'.)
              Torchwood explores again relationships, work pressures in a secret organisation and 21st century sexuality. Hehe as Jack says, "that is when everything changes"

Another thing I found interesting was that the nastiest most disturbing eps were ones where the "problem of the week" were home grown.

Comment

I was amused by the episode where the alien shags people to death.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                  I was happy to discover that it had nothing to do with flaming genitalia.
                  That's for series 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                    That's for series 2.
                    Hey. You should have posted that as a spoiler. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                      Yes. But in time, they will grow and come of age.....and then when god isn't looking.... THEY'LL SEE IT'S UTTER AWFULNESS!! Protect your children.
                      Oh my aching sides.

It is no more bad then the last ep of Doctor Who (Evolution of The Daleks). Or most of season three of SGA.

I just think if you come to it *no pun* thinking it is going to be highbrow you should expect to go away depressed. If you watch thinking it might be fun, and you do like characters who's sexuality is not set in concrete, and you have a an hour to waste... I could go on, then you will enjoy it.

Although I still think the start was poor the finish was most excellent!

*wasn't this topic in Off-Topic?*

Comment

Working...
                      X