No announcement yet.

The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good episode. Now comes the bad part, waiting till January for "The Storm" Good performances in this episode from Sheppard, McKay, and Weir. Loved that Superman line and McKay and Zelenka together was hilarious. Also nice to see Colm Meaney back, if only briefly. Robert Davi was excellent. I hope he doesnt get killed off. Anyone else get a "Die Hard" feeling to this episode with Sheppard stealing the C4 ala John McClane taking the radio dentonators. Maybe they casting Robert Davi as a homage since he was a Federal agent in the flick?

And on a plus note for some, we finally got an answer to the boxers or briefs question from Major Sheppard.

Comment

It was a really good episode, but I have one question...isn't Ford the second-in-command?

Spoiler:
      In the puddlejumper, when they were arguing about whether on not to leave, Aiden got completely bowled over by both Teyla and Dr. Beckett. Sure they should speak their minds, but they just basically told Ford to shut up. I would have thought they'd treat a 2IC with a little more respect.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
        Yeah maybe her and Teyla will fight hand to hand or with poles.
        Or in a wading pool full of jello.......
        sigpic
        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

This was a well developed ep. *and some fun bits
          Formidable foe at the worst time.
          Really on edge till Jan.. dang.
          "The Eye" interesting title..

Comment

As the episode was ending, when they did the pull shot from Sheppard back into the storm, the skies opened and the rain came pouring down where I live. Spooky.

The sweeping scenes of the puddle jumper flying over the ocean and then surveying the storm were great. I also liked the pull back shot of Sheppard at the end. Also that grounding station lightning rod thingy was pretty cool when it separated.

I loved the McKay/Zelenka back and forth. Someone even more distractable than McKay! It was great when Weir told Zelenka to focus, she usually has that line for McKay. And McKay and Zelenka seemed like two kids going to play when they went off to check the power generators.

Somebody wondered why Zelenka wasn't there helping McKay in Atlantis. If he's as smart as he appears, he could be McKay's backup. Can't have both of them in the same place.

This is two episodes in a row that McKay had a eureka moment. Which he might not have had if he wasn't talking to Zelenka.

Getting that guy drunk? Does every Athosian have an IDC to steal?

Somebody was wondering why Sora wasn't more angry at the Atlantis expedition. I think she has her quarrel with Teyla. It's personal. Teyla was someone both Sora and her father knew.

Poor Teyla, Ford and Beckett. Relagated to backstory exposition. I hope they get better stuff to do in the second part.

The transporter is called the transporter. I'm glad they kept McKay's name for it.

This episode gave Weir a chance to show her stuff. She doesn't get enough time to use her diplomatic skills being stuck in Atlantis. She's always sending Sheppard, which doesn't always seem like the prudent thing. I wonder why the expedition doesn't have someone other than Weir trained as a diplomat? Sure, they need all the scientists, but somebody has to keep them safe.

How did Kolya know that you need two people for the self destruct to work? Is that just a standard thing to do? Oh, wait, he must have gotten that out of McKay. I noticed they cut the arm that had leaned on the comm switch (which was quick thinking, Rodney).

The no nonsense, tough Sheppard was such a contrast to the usually easy going person we see. Flanigan must have shouted himself hoarse after doing those scenes in the blowing wind. Or during the looping. Why didn't he go back inside to talk to Kolya over the radio? Because then we wouldn't have had that great pull back shot.

I was shocked that the 2 soldiers were killed. That was totally unexpected. As well as cutting McKay. From the preview, I thought he got winged by a bullet.

Kolya and Cowen were icy cold. I hate their guts. As well as Mr. "I have something to trade" guy.

I don't get the Genii. Why do they think making enemies with someone with superior technology is a good thing? McKay knew the basic concepts of their atomic bomb when he was in the 6th grade, for heavens sake. I was waiting for Kolya to tell McKay that he was going to have to go back with the Genii so they could use his brains.

And, of course we wouldn't have an episode, but why couldn't we go back to those people from Childhood's End? They were the friendly ones. The SGA expedition and the Athosians were only going to stay "one night, two tops. And we'll bring the blankets."

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

^^^
              Good point on diplomats...that to me was a weaker scene of the ep---when Sheppard "negotiated," he was clearly making a BAD deal...although it might not have made a difference in this situation (are any of the Atlantis ppl able to see treachery when it is so plainly written on the face of their so-called ally?), still, why not have trained diplomats handle Atlantis' affairs? Is Dr. Weir the only one? I suppose their soldiers-as-ambassadors tact was borrowed from SG-1, but out here, Atlantis is essentially its own planet-nation...one that is more vulnerable than any other and in need of carefully negotiated treaties...using Sheppard/O'Neill clone touch again?

That quibble aside, I liked the ep. Amazing timing considering Ivan just days earlier. Poor people in the South that got hit...storm surges and everything!

One other question--if ZPM's generate massive power to keep the shield going, would lightning strikes be enough? And wouldn't it be strange to have a lightning strike, then the shield goes up, runs out of power, then another strike can land...?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
                One other question--if ZPM's generate massive power to keep the shield going, would lightning strikes be enough? And wouldn't it be strange to have a lightning strike, then the shield goes up, runs out of power, then another strike can land...?
                I'm going to have to go back and listen to the technobabble again. I'm sure it makes some sense. We're talking real physics here, not "we can make anything up about the Wraiths".

Boy, doesn't David Hewlett have some mouthfuls to have to spit out? If you time it, he must have twice as many words to say than Sheppard would in the same length of time. I wonder if he's had to go back to the writers and ask them to change a line, or maybe just a word, because it just doesn't "flow" and he can't get the line out? You have to have a rhythm to the stuff.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I guess I'm gonna have to go watch the ep again.
                  I thought it was predictable and slow and not much of a cliffhanger, unless there are major cast changes coming up.
                  I'll go watch it again.

Comment

Great episode, like it a lot.
                    I think that they will kill Zelenka if he stayed in Atlantis...
                    I want THE EYE now!!!! Please?
                    Dogs are my favorite people.
                    If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

The best was when Sheppard found out he had to decouple two grounding stations...

...which were nowhere near the command center

...or transporters

I forgot the conversation there, but it was funny.
                      Something about walking swiftly and running.

Also the conversation after Sheppard arrived at his first station, when everyone else was done and had met up already.
                      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Well that was awesome. The fact that we have to wait until next year to see the next part annoys me greatly. Aside from McKay and all the comedy lines (the Superman and Lightning parts were great), the best line in the whole episode was from the Genii commander:

"I don't like even."

I liked everything about this episode and I cannot find fault with it except that maybe Sora was a little too sympathetic towards Sheppard. Maybe that's a sub-plot that will be further explored in the next part. In either case, that little red head is SO cute.

I can't wait for the next ep... although I'll have to!

BYE
                        "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                          I liked everything about this episode and I cannot find fault with it except that maybe Sora was a little too sympathetic towards Sheppard. Maybe that's a sub-plot that will be further explored in the next part. In either case, that little red head is SO cute.
                          I think she is a fair person, except when it comes to Teyla...Oh that'll be fun....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                            I think she is a fair person, except when it comes to Teyla...Oh that'll be fun....
                            Maybe there will be an alternate version of their upcoming fight on the DVD for The Eye, where it's just them fighting on one of Atlantis' many balconeys. In the rain. In just T-shirts.

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652

And, of course we wouldn't have an episode, but why couldn't we go back to those people from Childhood's End? They were the friendly ones. The SGA expedition and the Athosians were only going to stay "one night, two tops. And we'll bring the blankets."
                              Yeah they could have gone back there just as easy huh. The actual camp was within the shielded area right? So they wouldn't be in danger? Maybe if they brought all the people from Earth and the Andosians (Teyla's people?) to that planet the shield would fail or something..

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                                Maybe there will be an alternate version of their upcoming fight on the DVD for The Eye, where it's just them fighting on one of Atlantis' many balconeys. In the rain. In just T-shirts.

BYE
                                Oooh......
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X