• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underground (108)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108

Efforts to open trade relations with a species called the Genii turn sour when the team discovers their new "allies" have ulterior motives.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:33 PM.

so far, a very creepy episode, and it plays well into what i'm seeing as an ongoing theme of Atlantis

deception. many races they've ran into hide thier true nature to survive

this overwhelming, massive and almost fanatical fear of the wraith. These folks are willing to do about anything to stop them or survive them

i do have a bit of a quibble with shep wanting to trade C4. first of all, they can only have a finite amount and second of all, they want to start being the intergalactic arms dealers????

ooh, and we know that the picture for this thread is wrong. it'll be fixed as soon as it can
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Finally!
      Ever since I was blown away by the first episode, I've been waiting to be impressed again. This episode did it.

Comment

This episode was awesome!

Plus it has Colm Meany in it, he's one of my favourite actors! (next to those of Stargate )

The ep has to do with the Genii and has Colm Meany.... It rhymes
        sigpic
        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Holy crap that was awesome! I mean the whole way through it was a good episode, but that ending was awesome. I assume since this is a episode discussion thread spoilers are implied but if not heres your space
          Having the jumpers de-cloak was so sweet and I swear every episode Shepard just keeps getting cooler and cooler. Guy reminds of a mix between Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday. I have expected him to tell the jumpers to target the head guy to make sure he went down first if things went bad. I gotta say I'm really impressed by Stargate Alantis so far, so much so that I feel it's making SG1 look medicore. All in all I can not wait to watch it again at mid-night.
          Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. -Adam Smith

Comment

Great episode!

I wasn't expecting them to infiltrate a Wraith ship like that. Quite a brave thing to do, and was a great twist.

And that Genii chick with the curly hair was HOT!

Comment

Not so much episode related as thread related...

... to the Mods, the information at the top of this thead is wrong, both the episode number and the picture.

Comment

McKay was great, again. And his comments on how the bomb works were all firmly grounded in reality AFAIK.

"I built one for my science fair."
                "They let you do that?"
                "It wasn't a working model..."
                aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

And there was a Lemon joke again!! LOL

Comment

I agree with the Aliens. She was an idiot for trying to rescue them when it would undoubtably cause the Wraith to come and foil any chances they have of destroying the ship.

Very good episode

Comment

I have like all the episodes, but now it really seems to be hitting its stride. I almost find myself waiting more to see atlantis than sg-1. This episode was awesome and I cant wait see if the genii show up again.

Comment

So we made mortal enemies with Bilbo Baggins and the techno-hobbits? Scary.
                        I was half expecting an Aschen type of baddie, but the hobbits aren't close to our level of technology in many regards. Especially considering our gold mine of technology we're based at.

I also loved the ending. I'm so tired of seeing SG1 being captured or ambushed. I'm glad these guys are smarter than that.

Comment

So... I'm guessing someone cuts hair in Atlantis?

This was a great episode. So far I'm very impressed by Atlantis. Really liked some of Weir's more sarcastic comments. I have to rewatch the episode though, cause there were some stupid fireworks going off and I couldn't hear all of it so I'll post actual comments later.
                          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I love the ending, otherwise the rest of the episode was once again deception due to the fact of the impending Wraith attack, and we get blamed for how we awaken them before there actual feeding time, but gah i love it anyway - I'm still waiting for the episode when Atlantis makes a connection back to Earth and just tell them a fraction off what they have there hands on and oooo, i can just imagine it

Comment

Really good episode this week. Written by PDL, although I swear Brad Wright had his hand in this one.

*The Genii, seemingly simple people but right away we knew there was more to them. Friends, enemies, could go either way. Lots of nice layers and twists and turns to the interaction between the humans and the Genii.

* Good Shep/Weir discussions this week. I actually felt for Weir, having Shep keep coming back with all these "deals" he's made. Trading C4? Shep knows how to impress the new people.

*Mckay and the atomic bomb. Love McKay and loved all his scientific babbling in this episode. I think he knows he should keep him mouth shut but he just can't resist showing off. He and Shep make a pretty good banter team.

*Colm Meaney. Good role for him. He has such a friendly face but can be quite menacing.

* The wraith ship was really well done. I think the ships are scarier than the wraiths themselves. The idea of cocooning people for food was effectively creepy and although I felt for them I tend to think Teyla should have probably stayed with the others.

* Teyla was certainly more expressive this week and her hair is certainly better a little shorter. For the first time she really seemed to be asserting her knowledge and her place on the team. I wish I was more convinced by the actress but I did think they used the character well this week.

* Shep was mostly great although I did wonder why he didn't try and check in with Ford before venturing down into the bunker. He also needs to practice his negotiating skills although he did manage to have a few tricks up his sleeve. Nice save at the end getting the interface device. So 60 wraith ships. That's a lot.

* Glad they haven't forgotton the practical realities of survival. Food might have to be rationed huh? Guess the Athosians haven't had time to grow anything on the mainland.

Next week's preview looks interesting. Hammond!!!
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X