This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wicked The Musical

Has anyone here seen the broadway musical called "Wicked"? I'm totally obsessed with it right now. I'm seeing the one on tour soon and was wondering if any SG fans were into this sorta thing too. ^_^

Originally posted by *~Saminnie02~*
    Has anyone here seen the broadway musical called "Wicked"? I'm totally obsessed with it right now. I'm seeing the one on tour soon and was wondering if any SG fans were into this sorta thing too. ^_^
    Yeah. I've seen a less than legal copy of it
    I've been absolutely obsessed with it for going on 6 months Other than stargate it's the longest I've been obsessed with something. There are quite a few of us in the Sheppard Weir thread that are aswell... So your not alone.
    I just hope it comes to Australia so I can see it legitimately

***Thankyou to Andy for this sig***

Comment

I want to see it sooo very bad, so I'm satisfying myself with just listening to the soundtrack.

Comment

*points at sig*

I've been obsessed since Feb when I first found out about it! I booked tickets as soon as they came out to go see it in the West End. *waits for October*
        I've got a *cough*version*cough* of it but haven't actually watched it yet. I love, love, love the soundtrack!!!!

I thouroughly enjoyed the book too, though it's a lot deeper and darker than the musical. I've got the sequal to the Wicked novel but haven't read it yet

Comment

I love the book which I'm over half way through and the soundtrack but will not watch the musical until I finish the book so I have the less spoilers that's possible (they're hard to avoid so I'll be careful reading here).

The background in my sig is taken from the inside the covers of the British verison of the book and depicts the map of Oz.
          sigpic

Comment

Your sig is gorgeous!

Comment

*raises hand* Way obsessed!! And it's all SallyLizzie's fault.

I've also got a "version" of it on my computer. But I've got tickets to see it live on July 26th! And then I'm going again up near LA on August 10th!

I've also read both books, and loved them. It's such a different way of telling the same story. Book!Elphaba fascinates me, Nanny is teh awesome, and Liir is my literary boyfriend.
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Oh man!!! My friend is the Drama Captain at her HS and she went to see it in New York she is possessed I tell you!!! Possessed!

Coolest sig, by Captain Jake!
                SG-9 NOW RECRUITING, GWRP

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                  Your sig is gorgeous!
                  Thanks.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                    *points at sig*

I've been obsessed since Feb when I first found out about it! I booked tickets as soon as they came out to go see it in the West End. *waits for October*
                    I've got a *cough*version*cough* of it but haven't actually watched it yet. I love, love, love the soundtrack!!!!

I thouroughly enjoyed the book too, though it's a lot deeper and darker than the musical. I've got the sequal to the Wicked novel but haven't read it yet
                    I was wondering who to thank for getting me into Wicked and timeboundpythia on livejournal told me to thank you because you got her into it and her fics got me into it. So Thankyou SallyLizzie!!!! *gives really big hug*
                    You lucky duck! Getting to see it on West End! I'd kill to go see it
                    And "Son of a Witch" was good. I enjoyed it.
                    Last edited by ShepsGirl1987; 09 July 2006, 05:31 PM.

***Thankyou to Andy for this sig***

Comment

Hee - I have to thank SallyLizzie too! She (and the fics!) inspired me to buy the book!! And it was awesome! (But all the people that made me want to read it - you owe me $25 Aussie! Haha )
                      WOW! I would love to see the musical. So the next time I'm in London and/or wherever else it is showing, Im bludging off all you people and going to see it! Just have to cross fingers for the lotto, or possibly rearrange my annual trip to somewhere to include London? Either or!

Comment

I feel like I should take a bow or something

I can still recall that convo with Jess (timeboundpythia). My LJ rambles about Wicked had gotten her into it and she had an idea for a Wicked/SGA xover, but she wasn't too sure. I told her she should go for it and mentioned how cute it would be for John to see Lizzie greenified! And there be born Lust and Fame AU *hugs Jess and her spectacular AU*

*hugs everyone else, too*

You lucky duck! Getting to see it on West End! I'd kill to go see it
                        You should have seen how nuts I was when I learnt that I still had like a month till tickets whent on sale I was like a fangirl on crack, lol!

I'm just so thankful I booked before the new year (I'd planned to go in Feb but ended up buying for Oct) because it means I GET TO SEE IDINA MENZEL AS ELPHIE!!!!!!!

Comment

Resurrecting this thread because I just saw it live for the first time last night. WOW. Totally and completely blown away! The touring cast was amazing -Julia Murney probably does the best acting job I've seen from an Elphaba, and Kendra Kassebaum was quite possibly the most hyper Glinda EVER.

I'm heavily considering going back this weekend to try the tickey lottery, but if not, I'm seeing it again on August 10th!

I've also been re-reading the book lately. And it sort of got me thinking: if they were to make a Wicked movie, would you rather see the musical or the book version? I think both have their strong points, and the musical certainly has the popularity going for it, but I would be really fascinated to see it play out as Gregory Maguire originally told it. I'm fascinated by his version of Elphaba. And I'd pay big money to see the scene where Elphaba is first brought to "daycare" played out onscreen.
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I'm going to see Wicked on the 13th Sept in London! It'll be starring Idina! I still can't believe it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Let's try this when I'm not logged in as someone else

I've seen it!! On Broadway!!!!

BlueBanrigh and I queued for 4 hours in the cancellation line and finally got tickets 10 minutes before the performance started Absoultuely fabulous...the cast, the makeup/costumes, the set(s). Really good wire work, too.

Looking forward to seeing it on the West End with Idina and being able to compare stuff.

Kirsten, I agree, I'd rather see the bookverse made into a movie. It would be quite a feat to make a film musical and have it have the same impact as the stage version. Maybe in 10-20 years time when interest is dieing out, it could work then. But not now, when it's still really new. Not quite 3 years old yet, is our beloved Wicked. It would be a shame to overkill it.

But yeah, it would be very interesting to see parts of the book that the musical didn't cover; like baby Elphaba, the relationship between Melena and Frex, how isolated Elphie became in later life and why. I don't know if I'd like it to be a serious drama. Perhaps a dark comedy, with serious undertones.

ETA: Oh yeah, I went a it mad with the merchandise. Bought the program, a tee-shirt, a mug, the rubber bracelets and a stuffed Chistery. I'd have probably bought more but they called for seats to be taken again (bought it at the intermission). Now have to save up to buy West End merc

Comment

Working...
                              X