Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think Will Happen To The SGC?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Do You Think Will Happen To The SGC?

I sincerely doubt there is another thread like this, and im not sure if your all aware that the Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center is going to be shutdown or relocated to another facility somewhere else in Colarado Springs.
    But question is, will Stargate decide to take a giant turn in the series and relocate with the real-life closure or will they just keep on going in the same good old mountain complex.

What do you think
    Will they move or will they forget the whole thing and keep going in Cheyenne.
    Or will they use both for some lame reason.

Have your say
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

I highly doubt the show will be affected by what happens in real life. If anything, they may mention that now the SGC has full reign over the entire mountain complex.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

who knows the military in real life might just give it away and let the show have it, lol thats wishful thinking, but who knows if the complex looks different inside the show could just say it was refurbished.....it could work
      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
        who knows the military in real life might just give it away and let the show have it, lol thats wishful thinking, but who knows if the complex looks different inside the show could just say it was refurbished.....it could work
        I don't know. I kind of doubt they'd let the show have it. Besides, they're fine right where they are in Vancouver.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I like Cheyenne Mountain it’s a cool set for the show but I also think its nice when they try to make the show more realistic be following real life events or having real military officers on the show.

Comment

Maybe they'll have political controversy and move the gate to the Antarctic?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

even if Cheyenne Mountain does close i doubt that they will demolish the base any way
              Last edited by Promethius30; 09 July 2006, 05:20 AM.
              sigpic
              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
              Metal gear fan

Comment

You know, they could just say that the SGC will continue to operate out of Cheyenne Mountain without the other military presences...

And how is it that I live in Colorado yet I do not know about this?

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles
                  You know, they could just say that the SGC will continue to operate out of Cheyenne Mountain without the other military presences...
                  Exactly! Without NORAD, the SGC would simply have control of the entire mountain. Can you say expansion??
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The cost of making a new set for SG-1, makes relocation highly impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
                      I sincerely doubt there is another thread like this, and im not sure if your all aware that the Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center is going to be shutdown or relocated to another facility somewhere else in Colarado Springs.
                      But question is, will Stargate decide to take a giant turn in the series and relocate with the real-life closure or will they just keep on going in the same good old mountain complex.

What do you think
                      Will they move or will they forget the whole thing and keep going in Cheyenne.
                      Or will they use both for some lame reason.

Have your say
                      I saw a thing on the news a few weeks back pertaining to the closure of Cheyenne Mountain, and I wondered, too, whether they would address it in the context of the show, or just ignore it. I guess nothing will actually be said or done until the closure is complete, then maybe they'll have to make a decision. What it will be, no one knows.......
                      EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by sarc
                        The cost of making a new set for SG-1, makes relocation highly impossible.
                        Uh, the show is made in Vancouver, not Cheyenne Mountain. The fictional set is supposedly in Cheyenne Mountain, but it's not really there.
                        EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by star47
                          Uh, the show is made in Vancouver, not Cheyenne Mountain. The fictional set is supposedly in Cheyenne Mountain, but it's not really there.
                          I think what sarc is trying to say is that if they fictionally relocated they would have to make a new set that was different from the current set which fictionally is set in Chyenne Mountain. There wouldn't be much point in saying that the SGC had relocated but using exactly the same sets. And making new sets would cost a bundle so they will probably stick with what they've got.
                          "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                          I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

I doubt they would change anything because it would change the whole show if they had to move.

Comment

Yeah. My guess is that it's officially closed but the SGC still operates out of it secretly. Of course, the cars and stuff headed out to a supposedly abanoned base might be a giveaway but they could probably just write that in to more people becoming suspicious about the program's existence like all the other clues they've released lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X