Home (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiefchucky
    I was acctually disappointed in this episode. The reason why I was dissappointed was that we should not have seen a single image of General Hammond and we should not have heard a single thing about the Prometheus because both the General and The BC-303 have not even been mentioned in Stargate Atlantis and probably left veiwers who have watched Atlantis but not even seen a whole SG-1 episode greatly confused.
    The viewers aren't that stupid.

As soon as they talked about the fact that the Prometheus was getting new engines people know it's a ship. Besides, this is a spin off where TPTB have flat out stated that there WILL be crossovers. You can't ignore one half of the universe. It would be silly.

Not addressing the O'Neill thing, it's already being talked about. Yes, it's a plothole.

Comment

You can get an "I'm with Genius" shirt right here. It isn't anything like McKay's shirt except for the words and the inclusion of an arrow pointing up, but it's still funny.

Comment

Good episode.

Even though I knew from the begining that it had to be an illusion of some sort, I still enjoyed the episode. The trying to figure out the illusion and to see the mistakes in it were cool. Did you notice that Hammond had a Blue jacket on at first but later on it was Black? At first I thought "No, I'm not seeing that right." but it was black later on.

When the alien Hammond turned to mist, I immediatly thought of the 'giant aliens' or the furlings.....and wondered if we would ever find out more about them (these new aliens) or if they would end up just being in passing and 'filler' material.
        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
          Did you notice that Hammond had a Blue jacket on at first but later on it was Black? At first I thought "No, I'm not seeing that right." but it was black later on.
          Lighting.

Originally posted by DJFavorite
          When the alien Hammond turned to mist, I immediatly thought of the 'giant aliens' or the furlings.....and wondered if we would ever find out more about them (these new aliens) or if they would end up just being in passing and 'filler' material.
          Well, they did promise never to come back, that would make learning more about them difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            The viewers aren't that stupid.

As soon as they talked about the fact that the Prometheus was getting new engines people know it's a ship. Besides, this is a spin off where TPTB have flat out stated that there WILL be crossovers. You can't ignore one half of the universe. It would be silly.

Not addressing the O'Neill thing, it's already being talked about. Yes, it's a plothole.
            well if they can crossover something as big as the prometheus why couldn't they cross over zats? I was just pointing out that the introduction of hammond and the prometheus should have been more gradual and not so in your face for the benefit of new viewers.

Comment

Well, they did promise never to come back, that would make learning more about them difficult.
              They're interesting, but not worth a 480 year trip by puddle jumper.

Comment

Best Esp Yet!!!!
                When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                I miss you.
                Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

Liked it.

Shades of both "Gamekeeper" and "Watergate" (sentient beings existing in the (water) mist)...but with some engaging twists. The duel Weir/McKay sequence was especially effective.

Ford was again relegated to a relatively minor role - in his "reality" we don't see him visiting his family (he just refers to it) - then we see him getting reassignment orders and showing up at Shep's Par-Tay Place delivering pizza. Pity.

Shep's got quite the bachelor pad in his reality - furnished by The Sharper Image, pool, a well-stocked bar...note the pinball machine, golf clubs and large Johnny Cash poster (!) on the wall....

MallRat! Teyla was quite entertaining - and it seems she likes beer, too.

McKay the slob...priceless, I tell you. Priceless.

I'm looking forward to next week's ep, but not the fact that it's the mid-season "finale". It's going to be a looooong fall....thank God for college football to partially fill the void.
                  We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

Originally posted by NurseRatched
                    Shep's got quite the bachelor pad in his reality - furnished by The Sharper Image, pool, a well-stocked bar...note the pinball machine, golf clubs and large Johnny Cash poster (!) on the wall....
                    Don't forget The Pineapple!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      First of all, I just need to say, Sergeant HARRIMAN! HA! Take that Darren!
                      Now, now ... GateWorld (especially the Omnipedia) follows strict show canon. We can't go calling a guy "Harriman" just because a few fans want that to be his name, with no on-screen evidence whatsoever.

Despite the fact that he's called "Harriman" here in an alien-induced vision given to people who don't know the good Sergeant very well ...

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/c...harriman.shtml

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I would have loved to have seen Carter with McKay I figured she didn't make an appearance cos of the continuing character copyright thing (not just AT's availability)

In addition to the things other people have mentioned, what I'm wondering is, it seemed that one of the major tip offs for everyone was that sudden "obstacles" appeared to prevent them returning to Atlantis. Seeing as the whole thing was created by their own minds, why would it make any difference if they are "living" out their lives on Earth, or in Atlantis?? Have I missed some reasonable and obvious answer (it's been known to happen! ).

I did enjoy it overall tho. Poor McKay still weird seeing Narim.....er Simon Guess this puts the kaibosh on any more Tollan arc - talk about confusing!

Comment

Anyone else wondering about why McKay went off base in his uniform with patches?

Comment

Don't spoil my moment of gloating, Darren, I've been waiting months for this.

Hammond just happening to be there still doesn't sit well with me and the lack of Gen. O'Neill was a bit odd. Perfectly reasonable from an outside viewpoint, but in story it is an awfully big gap. And the first person who says the meetings with Jack took place "off screen" or that Jack was conveniently "away" gets slugged. And I mean the gooey invertebrate kinda slugs. Right in the kisser.

Comment

there were a few niggling things

the atlantis crew just larking off to earth without so much as a 'we're gonna be late' concern expressed????

hammond's presence without explaining jack's absence

ferns in colorado

ooh, and let's not forget that huge honkin lake outside shep's window

the lush foliage around simon's house

ok, so i haven't seen all of colorado springs, but the prop guys need to go see SOME of it.

them running around earth, rod anyway, in his sgc clothing?

and yeah, the aforementioned homes having power, cars starting

they're not really plot holes, and all but the scenery is easily explained as clues to the 'dream'

but the lake still bugs me

but, at the end of the hour, it was an intrigueing eps, with plot twists that i didn't see coming a half hour before, unlike stargate lately.

To me, it's clear that most of the attention is being funnelled into atlantis and stargate is being left out to fend for itself.

It only makes sense, atlantis has more of a future going for it than stargate which has been on borrowed time for 3 years now, but it's still sad in a way.

the new toy gets played with while the old one is left in a corner
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Anyone else wondering about why McKay went off base in his uniform with patches?
                                It's probably meant to emphasize his lack of a life and the fact that for him, his work basically IS his life.

However, Weir was also in her uniform shirt (didn't notice the pants).

The real question would be where would the civvies come from? Would the SGC keep their rooms as is, or would things be packed up and moved to a storage facility? And most of them were stationed in Atlantis for quite a while. McKay, in particular, was never actually a part of Stargate Command (except for a few visits) so it's unlikely he'd have a room there. Er... right? Or is that one of those things that got left out of my memos?

Comment

Working...
                                X