Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Home (109)

Default Re: Home (109)

I would have loved to have seen Carter with McKay I figured she didn't make an appearance cos of the continuing character copyright thing (not just AT's availability)

In addition to the things other people have mentioned, what I'm wondering is, it seemed that one of the major tip offs for everyone was that sudden "obstacles" appeared to prevent them returning to Atlantis. Seeing as the whole thing was created by their own minds, why would it make any difference if they are "living" out their lives on Earth, or in Atlantis?? Have I missed some reasonable and obvious answer (it's been known to happen! ).

I did enjoy it overall tho. Poor McKay still weird seeing Narim.....er Simon Guess this puts the kaibosh on any more Tollan arc - talk about confusing!

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Anyone else wondering about why McKay went off base in his uniform with patches?

Don't spoil my moment of gloating, Darren, I've been waiting months for this.

Hammond just happening to be there still doesn't sit well with me and the lack of Gen. O'Neill was a bit odd. Perfectly reasonable from an outside viewpoint, but in story it is an awfully big gap. And the first person who says the meetings with Jack took place "off screen" or that Jack was conveniently "away" gets slugged. And I mean the gooey invertebrate kinda slugs. Right in the kisser.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

there were a few niggling things

the atlantis crew just larking off to earth without so much as a 'we're gonna be late' concern expressed????

hammond's presence without explaining jack's absence

ferns in colorado

ooh, and let's not forget that huge honkin lake outside shep's window

the lush foliage around simon's house

ok, so i haven't seen all of colorado springs, but the prop guys need to go see SOME of it.

them running around earth, rod anyway, in his sgc clothing?

and yeah, the aforementioned homes having power, cars starting

they're not really plot holes, and all but the scenery is easily explained as clues to the 'dream'

but the lake still bugs me

but, at the end of the hour, it was an intrigueing eps, with plot twists that i didn't see coming a half hour before, unlike stargate lately.

To me, it's clear that most of the attention is being funnelled into atlantis and stargate is being left out to fend for itself.

It only makes sense, atlantis has more of a future going for it than stargate which has been on borrowed time for 3 years now, but it's still sad in a way.

the new toy gets played with while the old one is left in a corner

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    Anyone else wondering about why McKay went off base in his uniform with patches?
    It's probably meant to emphasize his lack of a life and the fact that for him, his work basically IS his life.

However, Weir was also in her uniform shirt (didn't notice the pants).

The real question would be where would the civvies come from? Would the SGC keep their rooms as is, or would things be packed up and moved to a storage facility? And most of them were stationed in Atlantis for quite a while. McKay, in particular, was never actually a part of Stargate Command (except for a few visits) so it's unlikely he'd have a room there. Er... right? Or is that one of those things that got left out of my memos?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    However, Weir was also in her uniform shirt (didn't notice the pants).
    Shirt, but no patches. The patches are what bothered me more. I think that at least some of them should have been sporting lovely military surplus, but that's just me. At least Weir had gone to Simon's, I bet she has some clothes still at his house.

First Lieutenant puddlejumper747's Avatar

They're interesting, but not worth a 480 year trip by puddle jumper.
    So I guess the puddle jumpers don't have hyperspace capability...
    Or, at least, not that we know of... yet.
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/3...mper7476jg.jpg

I think the queston should be is what was he thinking going off base wearing those clothes in public LOL.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

aah, forgot to mention that the director did one heck of a job keeping it all straight.

given that different characters were dressed differently in the various hallucinations, it had to have been a witch to keep straight and direct

Kudos to the script whatsit continuity person who made sure everyone was dressed right in the right scenes. Even with the scenes being shot whole and then pieced together, it can get tricky. Didn't notice any overt problems.

What did Ford's tshirt say?

Chief Master Sergeant

I liked the line about "It may as well say..." and then I've already forgotten the words... There was another good line, too. Curse my bad memory...
    Caught the re-air; "Bing Tittle Tittle Bong" That's our Rodney.

"It's like looking through a microscope at a cell culture and seeing a thousand dancing hampsters!"

Chief Master Sergeant

What did Ford's tshirt say?
    That I didn't see clearly...looked like 'The Lost Resort'

Chief Master Sergeant

Possibly best episode yet. At least second best (I really liked Suspicions).

It's nice to see some of the characters really come alive like they haven't in the past. I think it's a shame that Ford didn't get his own section though. He's supposed to be the military guy that balances out all the less disciplined people, yet he hardly ever does anything.

I really liked the use of the Outer Limits. Funny (and so not suprising) that McKay would watch it, and the opening titles act as a metaphor for the episode as a whole. Kind of like the Hail Mary thing in "Hide and Seek". I wonder if this is going to be a recurring thing - using references in the episode to describe the overall plot/theme of the episode?
    aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Is it just me or has Beckett gotten more lines/screen time than Ford? Probably just seems that way. Still, this continued shafting of Ford is really starting to grate on my nerves. Give him a meaty plotline, already! Beckett had one, and he's only a recurring character, Ford is supposed to be main cast!

I thought it was alright. But even without looking at spoilers I found this episode way too predictable. And yeah...poor Ford is hardly even in the show it seems.

Earth Symbol Re: Home (109)

I'm very disappointed that we didn't get to see any of Lt. Ford's life...I'm more than disappointed, he gets ignored far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper747
    OK, but that still doesn't explain why no one questioned his presence. It only explains why she didn't personally mention O'Neill before "returning" home. But surely she would have noticed that immediately when she arrived? Why not just have Jack there as he should be, and Hammond just visiting? I mean, it seemed like Hammond was running the entire SGC, and no one cared. At least Weir could have asked Hammond "where's Gen. O'Neill?" or something like that when they stepped through...
    So commands can't change while they were away? Hammond couldn't have just been there by coincidence? Jack couldn't have been off-world on some business?

It was supposed to seem odd. You didn't find it strange that an air force pilot had a home that awesome? Or that Rodney had a date with that hot woman?

Was anybody here hoping Weir would purpose...er I mean accidently get pushed through the gate to Earth and not be able to come back?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast