Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Home (109)

Default Re: Home (109)

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    C) Production things... I liked the CGI on the planet. Thought it was a nifty image, nicely done. Was I the only one who felt like they had shot the epsiode in a way so that the scenes on earth were more vivid, more bright than they were in the Atlantis shots. Like a visual clue that this isn't real?
    The visuals on The Mist Planet were indeed very cool. I can't say I would have pegged the Earth scenes as being more "vivid" but there did seem to be something a little off about them.

Or that McKay wouldn't have dreamed about Carter.
    YES!! Absolutely! All they needed to do was get Amanda's double to stand in for her. McKay opens the door, we get a shot from outside of "Sam's" back and witness McKay's reaction. He says, "Colonel Carter!" and she moves in towards him, taking him into the room as the door closes. Nice, simple... but probably far too obvious a clue that all is not as it seems.

I liked the line about "It may as well say..." and then I've already forgotten the words... There was another good line, too. Curse my bad memory...

Yup, General Hammond would have obviously just hanging out at the SGC waiting for Atlantis to make contact with Earth... yup. Another thing that I liked was Sheppard's random "reality" including his dead friends and his 6th grade teacher. The only thing that could have made it better would be if Steve was there.

I was wondering if anyone's opinion on Weir would change after this ep- we did get to see a lot more of her and her personality.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

First Lieutenant puddlejumper747's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chris_h
    General Hammond is the head of "Homeworld Security:" a conglomerate of all the myriad of agencies: the SGC, the 302 and 303 programs, the Antarctic outpost, the Atlantis mission, etc.
    OK, but that still doesn't explain why no one questioned his presence. It only explains why she didn't personally mention O'Neill before "returning" home. But surely she would have noticed that immediately when she arrived? Why not just have Jack there as he should be, and Hammond just visiting? I mean, it seemed like Hammond was running the entire SGC, and no one cared. At least Weir could have asked Hammond "where's Gen. O'Neill?" or something like that when they stepped through...
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/3...mper7476jg.jpg

Chief Master Sergeant

Hah, Steve in the background with a brewski, that would have been great.

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightGloom
    Another thing that I liked was Sheppard's random "reality" including his dead friends and his 6th grade teacher.
    I cracked up when his 6th grade teacher was there. It was so a sheppard moment. Even better than the fact that Rodney had no new messages.

Anyone else wondering about why the power would have still been on in people's houses, or the gas in Weir's car. You'd think they'd have settled affairs for 'long term' storage sorts. After all, you leave a car standing in the Cheyenne Mountain parking lot in colorado for half a year and it's going to have a problem or two.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper747
    Someone answer this PLEASE:
    Why did Weir say that they could "go home and brief Gen. Hammond"? She knew he wasn't in charge of the SGC anymore. I mean she took over because he left! And Jack sent her off! So why didn't she (or any other member of the team) question the presence of Gen. Hammond and the lack of General O'Neill????
    Wow, i was asking the same thing.. terrible plothole? That was the worst part. Even during the commercials it showed Gen Hammond so I knew something was wrong. I was thinking something about an alternate reality, but eeeeeeeeeeek.

In every other sense, this was the best episode.. ever.

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Wink Re: Home (109)

This one was cool. It was great to see Hammond back, although I wish we could have seen other SGC guys there as well. McKay and Sam interaction could have been fun. I miss those two being at each other's throats.

Anyone know where I can get one of McKay's "I'm with Genius" shirts? It rocked!

The Atlantis team does really lousy when it comes to going home, don't they? First the ZPM from Childhood's End, this...and I'm sure there was another one and we're only halfway through the season. Ouch.

I thought everyone could only bring one personal item from Earth. Earlier we saw that Sheppard had a football tape. Where'd War and Peace come from?

Camera angles were good, especially the scene with Weir and McKay in the lab. The panning back and forth was an excellent tool to enhance the wrongness of the whole situation, even if it did give me a headache. Although that could have simply been a byproduct of sitting with my nose a bare two inches away from the TV screen. Double ouch.

I like Sheppard's house...and Weir's garden. Nice car she had, too.

No Beckett. Bummer. Any episode with him is automatically good (okay, fine. I'm a sucker for Scottish accents. Get over it. )

I was acctually disappointed in this episode. The reason why I was dissappointed was that we should not have seen a single image of General Hammond and we should not have heard a single thing about the Prometheus because both the General and The BC-303 have not even been mentioned in Stargate Atlantis and probably left veiwers who have watched Atlantis but not even seen a whole SG-1 episode greatly confused. They practically wrote Hammond in as the current commander of the SGC and completely disregarded the fact that O'Neill was established to be the Commander of the SGC in Rising. Also how are people who watch atlantis and haven't seen any sg-1 episodes supposed to know that the Prometheus is a spaceship and how are they supposed to know who the Asgard are? Now I should admit that everyone who watches Atlantis probably is already a SG-1 fan but I thought the writers were trying to keep the two shows apart from each other thus I am dissapointed. For the first time since SGA and SG-1 have been airing side by side has sg-1 been better than SGA. Oh well every season is allowed a bad episode (hopefully this will be the only one).

Yep, good episode. Intriguing way to let us learn more about the team and their backgrounds. I found it interesting that they all so passionately wanted to go back to Atlantis. Up until this episode I've never seen Weir as having that much of a passion for the exploration part of their trip and for the people of the Pegasus galaxy. I feel much better about her character after this episode.

Shep figured it out pretty quickly didn't he? And immediately started testing his theory by thinking about people he knew shouldn't be around. I love that about him, he's got basic common sense smarts. I was convinced Teyla was an alien the whole time and yet it appears she was actually sharing Shep's little virtual reality trip?? Maybe Teyla just comes across as fake to me. I like that they're calling Sheppard "Shep".

McKay was great, both in his guise as real McKay, reacting to the incompetence of the SGC staff and in his guise as fake!McKay. It was unfortunate that AT couldn't play Carter in this episode because surely McKay would have imagined her into his little reality.

I didn't think it was unusual for Hammond to be around but it was pretty strange that O'Neill never turned up. Weir should have at least asked about O'Neill. Interesting that she noticed that Narim...er...Simon kissed differently. Guess aliens aren't good at faking that kind of stuff.

One of the best episodes to date. Written by Joe and Paul and directed by a lady whose name I can't remember. The effects on the planet were very good, enjoyed all the characters this week. McKay is just too cute. Poor guy, no messages on his machine after being gone for months, leftover food in the couch. Of course I guess that's his little reality. I guess the fantasy part was the cat-sitter having a thing for him.
    Last edited by Kes; September 10th, 2004 at 08:20 PM.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper747
    OK, but that still doesn't explain why no one questioned his presence. It only explains why she didn't personally mention O'Neill before "returning" home. But surely she would have noticed that immediately when she arrived? Why not just have Jack there as he should be, and Hammond just visiting? I mean, it seemed like Hammond was running the entire SGC, and no one cared. At least Weir could have asked Hammond "where's Gen. O'Neill?" or something like that when they stepped through...
    M
    I
    N
    O
    R

S
    G

S

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Maybe this takes place during "Good to Be King," when Jack's off-world, and Hammond just "happened" to stop by.

The Mist-Hammond did say that they didn't understand our customs. That'll take care of most of the plot holes.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefchucky
    I was acctually disappointed in this episode. The reason why I was dissappointed was that we should not have seen a single image of General Hammond and we should not have heard a single thing about the Prometheus because both the General and The BC-303 have not even been mentioned in Stargate Atlantis and probably left veiwers who have watched Atlantis but not even seen a whole SG-1 episode greatly confused.
    The viewers aren't that stupid.

As soon as they talked about the fact that the Prometheus was getting new engines people know it's a ship. Besides, this is a spin off where TPTB have flat out stated that there WILL be crossovers. You can't ignore one half of the universe. It would be silly.

Not addressing the O'Neill thing, it's already being talked about. Yes, it's a plothole.

You can get an "I'm with Genius" shirt right here. It isn't anything like McKay's shirt except for the words and the inclusion of an arrow pointing up, but it's still funny.

Good episode.

Even though I knew from the begining that it had to be an illusion of some sort, I still enjoyed the episode. The trying to figure out the illusion and to see the mistakes in it were cool. Did you notice that Hammond had a Blue jacket on at first but later on it was Black? At first I thought "No, I'm not seeing that right." but it was black later on.

When the alien Hammond turned to mist, I immediatly thought of the 'giant aliens' or the furlings.....and wondered if we would ever find out more about them (these new aliens) or if they would end up just being in passing and 'filler' material.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

Quote Originally Posted by DJFavorite
    Did you notice that Hammond had a Blue jacket on at first but later on it was Black? At first I thought "No, I'm not seeing that right." but it was black later on.
    Lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by DJFavorite
    When the alien Hammond turned to mist, I immediatly thought of the 'giant aliens' or the furlings.....and wondered if we would ever find out more about them (these new aliens) or if they would end up just being in passing and 'filler' material.
    Well, they did promise never to come back, that would make learning more about them difficult.

The viewers aren't that stupid.

As soon as they talked about the fact that the Prometheus was getting new engines people know it's a ship. Besides, this is a spin off where TPTB have flat out stated that there WILL be crossovers. You can't ignore one half of the universe. It would be silly.

Not addressing the O'Neill thing, it's already being talked about. Yes, it's a plothole.
    well if they can crossover something as big as the prometheus why couldn't they cross over zats? I was just pointing out that the introduction of hammond and the prometheus should have been more gradual and not so in your face for the benefit of new viewers.

Well, they did promise never to come back, that would make learning more about them difficult.
    They're interesting, but not worth a 480 year trip by puddle jumper.

Second Lieutenant

Best Esp Yet!!!!
    When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
    I miss you.
    Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Liked it.

Shades of both "Gamekeeper" and "Watergate" (sentient beings existing in the (water) mist)...but with some engaging twists. The duel Weir/McKay sequence was especially effective.

Ford was again relegated to a relatively minor role - in his "reality" we don't see him visiting his family (he just refers to it) - then we see him getting reassignment orders and showing up at Shep's Par-Tay Place delivering pizza. Pity.

Shep's got quite the bachelor pad in his reality - furnished by The Sharper Image, pool, a well-stocked bar...note the pinball machine, golf clubs and large Johnny Cash poster (!) on the wall....

MallRat! Teyla was quite entertaining - and it seems she likes beer, too.

McKay the slob...priceless, I tell you. Priceless.

I'm looking forward to next week's ep, but not the fact that it's the mid-season "finale". It's going to be a looooong fall....thank God for college football to partially fill the void.
    We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by NurseRatched
    Shep's got quite the bachelor pad in his reality - furnished by The Sharper Image, pool, a well-stocked bar...note the pinball machine, golf clubs and large Johnny Cash poster (!) on the wall....
    Don't forget The Pineapple!

The First One (Moderator) Darren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    First of all, I just need to say, Sergeant HARRIMAN! HA! Take that Darren!
    Now, now ... GateWorld (especially the Omnipedia) follows strict show canon. We can't go calling a guy "Harriman" just because a few fans want that to be his name, with no on-screen evidence whatsoever.

Despite the fact that he's called "Harriman" here in an alien-induced vision given to people who don't know the good Sergeant very well ...

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/c...harriman.shtml

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast