Poisoning the Well (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    - Steve. I just wish that more people had taken to calling him that. It was really amusing to me for some reason. Sometimes Sheppard feels a little too Jack-like to me, but this was a line I couldn't have seen Jack saying.
    Ah, didn't Sheppard know you just don't name whatever you're leading to slaughter? Then you get attached to them...

Sheppard, like Jack, is in the irreverant leader mode from whoever does casting. Been enjoying that typecasting for ages on TV Although I couldn't see Jack naming the Wraith, not really. Shooting it, maybe....

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan
      My gut reaction would be to keep the location of Atlantis a secret. The fewer the societies that know where it is, the less likely the Wraith will take cull a herd that A) knows Atlantis's address and B) knows that the humans are operating out of Atlantis. Well, that or they wanted to see Steve smiling as he was put in the Jumper.
      I don't buy that. Unless the Hoffans have some innate innerborn ability to be able to sense exactly where they are in the grand cosmos, being transported from the stargate (where it'd be very easy to blindfold him so he couldn't see the gate coordinates) to the inside of a large building doesn't tell you anything at all about WHERE that building is. It could be on the other side of the same planet, for all he'd know. Heck, it could be the next building over. You just can't tell.

I'd be more concerned about Steve getting too much info. We don't know what Wraith abilities are like, yet. We don't know if he has homing/tracking beacons activated. They check for the obvious things, but what if he has some kind of internal beacon letting Mom know where he is or which could record all kinds of peripheral information?

Which do YOU think is more dangerous? Letting a sick and dying man who belongs to a friendly/possibly allied world into Atlantis? Or taking a dangerous known enemy who seeks only the death of every living human out of his energy-shielded cage and hoping your teams reflexes are fast enough to stop him if he tries to escape?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan
        My gut reaction would be to keep the location of Atlantis a secret. The fewer the societies that know where it is, the less likely the Wraith will take cull a herd that A) knows Atlantis's address and B) knows that the humans are operating out of Atlantis. Well, that or they wanted to see Steve smiling as he was put in the Jumper.
        But the other civilization could see the Atlantis team dial out... it's not like you can keep that secret...

Comment

First, to Shadow. I'm not talking about the Hoffans having a sense of where they are. I'm talking about them knowing the symbols that lead to Atlantis. If they see them, then the Wraith could extract that information during interrogation. You can bet they'd interrogate the people who have developed the drug, if nothing else than to find out who helped them and where they came from.

Fischer, look at the gate. When a wormhole is established on the Pegasus gates, (incoming and outgoing) all the glyphs light up. That being said, the Hoffans could look at the DHD, like in Rising.
          Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Which do YOU think is more dangerous? Letting a sick and dying man who belongs to a friendly/possibly allied world into Atlantis? Or taking a dangerous known enemy who seeks only the death of every living human out of his energy-shielded cage and hoping your teams reflexes are fast enough to stop him if he tries to escape?
            Exactly my point, especially in light of the fact that the Hoffin's seemed to use a little metal cage. After all, we don't know all that much about Wraith's abilities to escape from such a cage without the Ancient's powers.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that Steve-O wasn't doing so hot after so long without feeding. Also, don't forget that they had a Wraith stunner trained on him the entire time. Besides, wasn't it great watching Steve grin the entire time as Ford told him this wasn't a field trip? C'mon, I know you guys liked it....
              Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                - Speaking of which, I'm awaiting the Shep/Steve slash thread to start
                Not quite a thread (or on this site) but I have already found:
                Outside.

Comment

That library had to be cgi...What do you guys think or was it obvious? or am I totaly wrong?
                  My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

Definitely CGI. I'm still waiting to find out how they did Steve's eyes. Either they tossed money on CGI or they tossed money on d*** good FX lenses. Or a fake head.

Comment

So far i've loved evety ep. Tho I thnk this is a fav of mine.
                      I found the characters interaction much better...and I found the alien peoples choices very believable.
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        So which laws do you suggest they not obey? Murder? Theft? War crimes? I'm just curious. Lots of subjections that 'such and such doesn't apply', and Sheppard has a point--which Weir acknowledges--that the Wraith aren't exactly parties to the Geneva Convention, but I'm serious. Societies exist on the bases of shared moral values, enforced by written laws. You ignore the laws, you ignore the values.
                        Precisely. Weir was correct to bring up the Geneva Convention. Sure, nobody in the pegasus galaxy knows a thing about it, but just because we're not at home doesn't mean we don't follow the codes of our own society. Otherwise we're just as good (or bad) as the folks we're using for experiments (and by the way, the Geneva Convention does cover aliens - although they didn't mean those with blue skin)....

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Definitely CGI. I'm still waiting to find out how they did Steve's eyes. Either they tossed money on CGI or they tossed money on d*** good FX lenses. Or a fake head.
                          Contacts. You can buy these things anywhere. No joke. I've seen ads. And those are NOT the wildest contacts you can get either.

Comment

Originally posted by HIj'Qa
                            Star Trek. McCoy. Beckett. love it love it love it
                            I had to lol at the mention of the Beckett being similiar to McCoy, but he, Beckett, being the real thing.

Comment

Yes!

Now this is what I call science fiction!

I throughly enjoyed this ep. I loved the conviction coming from both sides of the arguement. That scene with (female guest star) and Carson, about how Earth was not at all a peaceful place, gave great insight into how a common cause can unite a whole society. The Hoof(? Can that be right? The sound on my squinty vision is just horrible. ) are such a passionate people that it's probably a good thing that they have the Wraith, otherwise they'd probably be just like us - blowing each other's brains out at the slightest provocation.

I loved how Sheppard handled "Steve" and how the ep ended with no clear resolution.

I did wonder why they took such a huge risk with "Steve" by transporting him to the guest planet instead of bringing the culture-of-the-week to Atlantis.

And, yes, I cried. Bawled my eyes out, actually. Carson is terrific, natural, and oh, so very huggable when he's sad.

Kudos to the PTB and cast and crew!
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                                Precisely. Weir was correct to bring up the Geneva Convention. Sure, nobody in the pegasus galaxy knows a thing about it, but just because we're not at home doesn't mean we don't follow the codes of our own society. Otherwise we're just as good (or bad) as the folks we're using for experiments (and by the way, the Geneva Convention does cover aliens - although they didn't mean those with blue skin)....
                                <nods> Just because Pegasus doesn't fall under the protection of the Geneva Convention doesn't mean Weir should ignore the principles and values of its civilizing influence. The GC has been called "the cornerstone of modern humanitarian law;" to ignore it is to ignore one's own humanity, and do we really want to be losing our humanity just because we're in a different galaxy? Isn't that the slippery slope the Nazis went down with their sterilisations, killing off the old, infirm, ethnic cleansing, medical experimentation on prisoners, etc.

This whole arguement puts me in mind of the child slave-labor and prostitution situation on Earth: their best customers are those men who come from countries that ban such practices.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X