Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Poisoning the Well (107)

I can't wait till we see the giant Tiki man that Weir's hiding in her office. That and stuffed Steve would rock!

After thinking about it a bit, I'm not sure if this will ever be issued as a last ditch measure; not well tested enough and they'd probably want to tinker with it more before they issue it to the field.

As for it being an offensive weapon...it may not do the Atlantis team any good. It's not particularly fast acting....it'd work best as a booby trap.....

Steve puts a nice twist on the Wraith.

Great ep tho. A lot better than 38 miins where I actually fell asleep.

Steve?!

Oh come on, he was a "Vince" if anything.You know,short for "Vincent",...as in "Vincent Price".....??
    Oh well,it was still funny.I too,shall never be able to hear that name[Steve]& not think of SGA's pet Wraith with the totally "rad" leather jacket.He was too cool for words IMO.I knew it when he gave his 1st evil glare in the series opener..

spoiler space "Rising" pt 1 or 2[can't remember]

When he came into the cell to retrieve a prisoner[a.k.a the appetizer] & "Sumner" stepped up in his face."Steve's" expession was like[to me anyway ]..."[email protected]#^!! I thought we were having home-made lasagna!What do we get?...Leftover fish sticks!....I hate fish sticks!!!
    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

[QUOTE=nugglebugget]Steve?!

Oh come on, he was a "Vince" if anything.You know,short for "Vincent",...as in "Vincent Price".....??
    [QUOTE]

Good point...he DID remind me a little bit of John Travolta in "Pulp Fiction..."

I just thought of something concerning the desired effect of the drug.

The SGA team was bothered by the fact that it killed the "Wraith".The argument being that the Wraith would wipe the people out in retaliation.Ok,but the drug,if it worked properly would have eventually starved them to death.Dead Wraith either way.
    Even if they could,in fact,feed on other life forms[unclear],it's been pretty much established that "humans" are their 1st choice.You deny someone their fave[or only]choice in sustanence,it tends to tick them off a bit.

To sum it up,it would've made "humans" useless to them.The fact that they were smart enough to come up with it makes them a threat.The Wraith could figure "we're gonna starve to death,or at least be reduced to feeding on lesser choice pickings....let's wipe them out first".I think there'd be a retaliatory massacre anyway.
    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

One thing that I just started thinking about on a second viewing of this episode:

Why take Steve to his 'meal' that obviously amounts to a dangerous prisoner transfer, when they could have just as easily have brought the patient (and some of the docs) to Atlantis to do the test. Seems to me like a silly risk.

My gut reaction would be to keep the location of Atlantis a secret. The fewer the societies that know where it is, the less likely the Wraith will take cull a herd that A) knows Atlantis's address and B) knows that the humans are operating out of Atlantis. Well, that or they wanted to see Steve smiling as he was put in the Jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    "How many Hive ships are activated?"

"All of them."

That's not really an answer. How many is ALL? Two? Three? Three hundred? I'm surprised they let him get away with such a vague answer.
    The only reason to ask the question was to lure Steve into dinining on Merrell. Does anybody believe that "Steve" would have given them an honest accounting of just how many ships there were? Nope, but I agree, it wasn't the best questions, and the writers could have thought of something else to ask, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Pig
    One question about Sheppard's last line of the episode: What was it?

Beckett: Victory at all cost. That sound familiar, major?
    Sheppard: (mumbles)
    Beckett: Aye. Never thought I'd disagree.

I've rewatched that part a bunch of times, but I can't decipher his line! Help, anyone?
    Churchill. From his famous June 1940 speech. Me thinks I'm the only one who's ever watched PBS

Basically, what the Hoffans had was a pyrric victory. Sure, they'll be immune to the Wraith, but the Wraith will wipe 'em all out. Hence, the title, poisoning the well (which doesn't need explaining). er, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    - Steve. I just wish that more people had taken to calling him that. It was really amusing to me for some reason. Sometimes Sheppard feels a little too Jack-like to me, but this was a line I couldn't have seen Jack saying.
    Ah, didn't Sheppard know you just don't name whatever you're leading to slaughter? Then you get attached to them...

Sheppard, like Jack, is in the irreverant leader mode from whoever does casting. Been enjoying that typecasting for ages on TV Although I couldn't see Jack naming the Wraith, not really. Shooting it, maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomegaMan
    My gut reaction would be to keep the location of Atlantis a secret. The fewer the societies that know where it is, the less likely the Wraith will take cull a herd that A) knows Atlantis's address and B) knows that the humans are operating out of Atlantis. Well, that or they wanted to see Steve smiling as he was put in the Jumper.
    I don't buy that. Unless the Hoffans have some innate innerborn ability to be able to sense exactly where they are in the grand cosmos, being transported from the stargate (where it'd be very easy to blindfold him so he couldn't see the gate coordinates) to the inside of a large building doesn't tell you anything at all about WHERE that building is. It could be on the other side of the same planet, for all he'd know. Heck, it could be the next building over. You just can't tell.

I'd be more concerned about Steve getting too much info. We don't know what Wraith abilities are like, yet. We don't know if he has homing/tracking beacons activated. They check for the obvious things, but what if he has some kind of internal beacon letting Mom know where he is or which could record all kinds of peripheral information?

Which do YOU think is more dangerous? Letting a sick and dying man who belongs to a friendly/possibly allied world into Atlantis? Or taking a dangerous known enemy who seeks only the death of every living human out of his energy-shielded cage and hoping your teams reflexes are fast enough to stop him if he tries to escape?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomegaMan
    But the other civilization could see the Atlantis team dial out... it's not like you can keep that secret...

First, to Shadow. I'm not talking about the Hoffans having a sense of where they are. I'm talking about them knowing the symbols that lead to Atlantis. If they see them, then the Wraith could extract that information during interrogation. You can bet they'd interrogate the people who have developed the drug, if nothing else than to find out who helped them and where they came from.

Fischer, look at the gate. When a wormhole is established on the Pegasus gates, (incoming and outgoing) all the glyphs light up. That being said, the Hoffans could look at the DHD, like in Rising.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Which do YOU think is more dangerous? Letting a sick and dying man who belongs to a friendly/possibly allied world into Atlantis? Or taking a dangerous known enemy who seeks only the death of every living human out of his energy-shielded cage and hoping your teams reflexes are fast enough to stop him if he tries to escape?
    Exactly my point, especially in light of the fact that the Hoffin's seemed to use a little metal cage. After all, we don't know all that much about Wraith's abilities to escape from such a cage without the Ancient's powers.

I'm willing to bet that Steve-O wasn't doing so hot after so long without feeding. Also, don't forget that they had a Wraith stunner trained on him the entire time. Besides, wasn't it great watching Steve grin the entire time as Ford told him this wasn't a field trip? C'mon, I know you guys liked it....

Exclamation Re: Poisoning the Well (107)

Quote Originally Posted by Teal'c
    - Speaking of which, I'm awaiting the Shep/Steve slash thread to start
    Not quite a thread (or on this site) but I have already found:
    Outside.

That library had to be cgi...What do you guys think or was it obvious? or am I totaly wrong?

Definitely CGI. I'm still waiting to find out how they did Steve's eyes. Either they tossed money on CGI or they tossed money on d*** good FX lenses. Or a fake head.

So far i've loved evety ep. Tho I thnk this is a fav of mine.
    I found the characters interaction much better...and I found the alien peoples choices very believable.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast