Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The bride speculation thread (Spoilers for Doomsday and the new Christmas ep)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bride speculation thread (Spoilers for Doomsday and the new Christmas ep)

Well I've just finished watching "Doomsday" and at the end as you probably know at the end a random woman in a wedding dress appears. The credits listed her as "The Bride". Didn't RTD say in an inerview that the companion in the Christmas Special will be a suprise to the viewers leads me to believe that the Bride is a character from the classic series. So I was wondering who do people think she is. As we have speculation threades for both the face of boe's secret and the Doctor's name, I thought we should have one for this.

I think she probably came from the AU and fell through when the doctor used the gap, but it doesn't really explain who she is.

Heres a sneak preview from the script of "Runaway Bride"

Spoiler:

Dalek: You will be exterminated!
    Bride: Am I bovered?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

i'm assuming that it's a time lord, meaning that some survive

Comment

Doubtful, a Time Lord would know Tardis technology. Something to do with the Subernova combined with the tear if you ask me, and seeing as they wont likely send someone else to live in a dimension that isnt their own, I think she is from our world.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Why would Catherine Tate be a timelord #!!!! thats just wrong and shouldnt happen
          Perhpas shes from the parallel universe !!!
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

If they manage to write in her catchphrase I think my eyes will roll so much they'll fall out of my head.

Comment

What is it with Dr Who and unfunny comedians, first Peter Kay and now Catherine Tate, I do hope Dr Who is not going to be a home for comedians that just aren't funny

Comment

Oh no scary thought. What if Ricky Gervais comes along ???
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                  I dont even want to contemplate that!!!
                  Whatever!

'All of this has happened before
                  And all of this will happen again
                  So say we all.'

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                    NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

im just ignoring the fact thats its catherin tate and hopeing i can get through without connecting her with it. if the word "botherd" appears, im going to rip open the time votex and throw her it in.
                      Hola

Hello

Comment

Yeah, you see, I don't even know who she is (she must be that funny). So don't tell me anything about here and in 169 days I'll be able just to watch the ep and judge her on here acting alone.

Neat, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
                          Yeah, you see, I don't even know who she is (she must be that funny). So don't tell me anything about here and in 169 days I'll be able just to watch the ep and judge her on here acting alone.

Neat, huh?

Good for you. Im looking forward to it to be honest, Catherine is a great actress, she isnt just a comic, she really did act in serious roles too!

Comment

I think it's funny how everyone is so annoyed that she is in it (TBH I don't even know who she is), but people were the exact same way when Billie Piper was announced- and that turned out ok.

Comment

I'm getting a bit tired of the constant carping about Tate. I'm assuming she's only going to be in the Christmas ep and then we'll pick up the "real" Companion and get on with things. I have no idea who she is and frankly, I don't care. I'm just glad she isn't Rose and judging from the 30 seconds or so we saw at the end of Doomsday she isn't going to be anything like Rose. That's enough to make me happy right there. The Doctor could have snagged Jo-Jo the Dog-faced Boy and I'd still look forward to it. There's still a story to be told, here, even if you don't like one of the people in the telling.

No one said you HAVE to like everyone on the show, but how about giving the character a chance instead of instantly condemning her because of the actress playing her?

RDA didn't go all "MacGyver" as Jack O'Neill.
                              Wayne Brady didn't do improv and burst into song when he showed up on SG-1.
                              Lucy Lawless didn't do Xena's "ay-yi-yi-yi" thing on BSG.

So can we at least accept the possibility that Tate won't do her trademark things, either?

Comment

Working...
                              X