Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucia Tanaka
    >.< Nevermind.

Anyway, is anyone starting to like Ford more now? I know tons of people had a problem with him. Any changes in opinion?

~Lucia
    I'm getting more used to him now. It was cute when he gave the chocolate to the kids. I think they're still trying to establish that he's the "youngin'" of the group, but they're going slightly overboard on him acting childish. Although in this ep, he wasn't as bad.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Fun Ball
      Still a good episode, but if anyone from SG1 were there, they probably would have punched McKay in the face for what he said back on Atlantis.
      I sincerely doubt that anyone from SG-1 would have punched ANYONE in the face for saying what was said- even if it had been McKay.

I actually got a Shades of Gray vibe off the confrontation with Weir, except in McKay's case, he was completely serious...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I actually got a Shades of Gray vibe off the confrontation with Weir, except in McKay's case, he was completely serious...
        I think McKay was right. We needed a ZPM. We still do.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          I think McKay was right. We needed a ZPM. We still do.
          True. I agree with McKay too, but I think it had to be part of his development to be shot down by Weir. He knows he's correct, but he still has to follow orders. I doubt it's something he's used to.

~Lucia
          This is OTAKUDOM-
          I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
            Anyone notice that the bows from the bows and arrows are plywood and you can really notice the plies at the ends of the bows where props cut them out of a piece of plywood?
            Speaking of those bows, did those crossbows look exactly like the ones from Double Jeopardy?

Comment

Originally posted by P90
              Speaking of those bows, did those crossbows look exactly like the ones from Double Jeopardy?
              *laughs* And here I was thinking I was observant! Come to GateWorld, and everything you know about these shows is tested.

~Lucia
              This is OTAKUDOM-
              I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

These villagers seem very hostile for people who've lived in peace for 500(?) years. Living without an external threat for so long, you'd think they'd lighten up, maybe question their rules, sneak away (as in Logan's Run?)

And if the shield was put up to protect these people, why set up such a horrible way to control population size?

Not much to like in this episode - except for McKay making the kiddies cry.

Comment

I wondered why people wouldn't sneak away, but from the way that the others acted they would hunt them down anyway. I don't think they actually lived in complete peace, since everyone knew they were going to die at 25.
                  Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                  RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                    I don't think they actually lived in complete peace, since everyone knew they were going to die at 25.
                    Actually IMO, I think they did live in peace. You have to remember their way of looking at things is totally different from ours. I think many of them died happy, just knowing that they were helping save their people. (Though I'm sure some of them had second thoughts) I think most of them just accepted it as how things were. It had been done that way for as long as they could remember and that was how they were raised. Though I totally agree with Sheppard and the others trying to convince them that they didn't have to die.
                    Daniel:Nyet
                    Jack: Daniel?
                    Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                    Jack: Nyet???

Comment

This was a pretty good episode I thought. I loved McKay with the kids and when he mentioned Carter and there great love in the teaser. Ford with the kids given them chocolate was hilarious, though I still feel he is suffering from the same thing Ensign Travis Mayweather of "Star Trek: Enterprise" does. The fact that he is just there. Ford is the least developed character so far. I liked seeing Lt. Elliot again. The one kid that was sent after McKay and ran back to tell them the device worked again seemed familar. Anyone else reconginze him?

Comment

I actually find it a little difficult to believe that they would give up that ritual as easily as implied. As far as these people are concerned, the lives of every person on the planet depends upon The Sacrifice. Then some guy comes along and says, "Oh, you know that ritual thing? Yeah, actually, we don't have to do that anymore."

I'd also like to know why the builders of the device didn't make whatever change McKay made to expand the field. I mean, if McKay can think up and implement the idea, why not one of the Ancients?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith
                          I will post more when the ep is reaired and I watch every minute of it.

But for now I am pissed at this EP. I mean How many puddle jumpers are they going to demolish? There is only so many right?

2ed why even find a zpm if it is not going to work in atlantis anyways. That really pissed me off.

3erd Those people of that planet are so stupid, I mean sacraficing theirselves. In my opinion a stupid plot.

well I will rewatch and maybe I missed part of the story but for now I did NOT like the ep so far but maybe that will change.

Ok I have to apologize, I am watching again and in the last 30 minutes I have noticed I missed ALOT of ther show the first time around and was wrong with my opinions and asumptions. So far with rewatching the show it is ok, not the best but O>K> I like the chocholate is huge part but did not like the fact that the zp, could be used to power Atlantis shields for a very long time and or call Earth and so on. I would like to see Atlantis call and report to Earth that they are O.K. but I doubt that will happen. Forgive my typing as I am tired.

and yes he did say ZEDPM.....LOL sorry I am not making fun, it just sounds weird to me.
                          My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

I'd also like to know why the builders of the device didn't make whatever change McKay made to expand the field. I mean, if McKay can think up and implement the idea, why not one of the Ancients?
                            I was wondering about this too. Didn't they say that the ZPM was powered by the magnetic field of the planet (or something like that) so that it would run for centuries? I think what MaKay did was make it so the shield would cover a larger distance but only for a short period of time. (He told the one kid that he would hopefully have grandkids by the time the shields went down).
                            Daniel:Nyet
                            Jack: Daniel?
                            Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                            Jack: Nyet???

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
                              The one kid that was sent after McKay and ran back to tell them the device worked again seemed familar. Anyone else reconginze him?
                              He was in 100 Days, Stargate SG-1. I forget the actor name but it is on the tip of my tounge.

Comment

Originally posted by crazylinguist
                                I was wondering about this too. Didn't they say that the ZPM was powered by the magnetic field of the planet (or something like that) so that it would run for centuries? I think what MaKay did was make it so the shield would cover a larger distance but only for a short period of time. (He told the one kid that he would hopefully have grandkids by the time the shields went down).
                                I suppose at the time the people were more interested in how long it would work than in how much area it would cover, but unless they dumped the device and ran, wouldn't it make sense to keep working on the shield and see if you could find loopholes so maybe you could get time AND area configured?

Comment

Working...
                                X