Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 208
  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,121

    Chevron Childhood's End (106)

    Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    CHILDHOOD'S END
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106

    Sheppard and the team visit a world where no one is over 24 years old -- because of a ritual suicide practice they believe keeps the Wraith at bay.

    Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 06:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Nevermind, he's Lt. Elliot from Proving Ground. Why do they keep reusing the same actors?!

  3. #3
    Data ShadowMaat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Doctor Horrible's Lab
    Posts
    17,549

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Because the actors are GOOD?? Just a guess, there. Some of my ideas can be a little wacky...

    As far as the ep goes, the problem that immediately springs to mind is: they're saying that the wraith haven't attacked the villages for generations, right? But the wraith haven't been around much in generations, have they? It was only recently that they all awoke, and what a handful might have been willing to ignore before a whole feasting horde might be willing to go the extra distance to get some food.

    Also. I LOVE McKay but the poor little kiddies.

  4. #4
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Because the actors are GOOD?? Just a guess, there. Some of my ideas can be a little wacky...
    No arguement from me there. I love the actors that they use, but the fact that they reuse them for different characters is a little disconcerting. When a character has an entire episode devoted to them, and then they return as some one else...

  5. #5
    Chief Master Sergeant Ilios's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    160

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat

    Also. I LOVE McKay but the poor little kiddies.
    Those conversations with the kids made my day hehe

  6. #6
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilios
    Those conversations with the kids made my day hehe
    "Have you guys heard of chocolate? No? This is going to be huge!"

    Ford made me laugh so hard.

  7. #7
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    McKay should've been known better than to take something that wasn't his. Was he just gonna rationalize that the Atlantis team needed it more than the kids? He should've thought it through, imo. Some possible questions? "Why is this zpm here?" Or, "does the zpm provide some necessary value to the inhabitants?" But, the story wouldn't be going in the current direction...

  8. #8
    Data ShadowMaat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Doctor Horrible's Lab
    Posts
    17,549

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Did McKay say ZEE-PM at one point in his arguing with Weir? I lost track for a sec. Maybe it was Weir...

  9. #9
    Staff Sergeant Faith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dallas Georgia
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    I will post more when the ep is reaired and I watch every minute of it.

    Good show so far
    Last edited by Faith; August 15th, 2004 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typos

  10. #10
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    The Elder, thinking: "Oooh! I got some wrapped objects in a bag of some weird material. Now what do I do with it?"

  11. #11
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Did McKay say ZEE-PM at one point in his arguing with Weir? I lost track for a sec. Maybe it was Weir...
    He said ZEE-PM at least once, but he also threw in the canadian ZED-PM.

  12. #12
    Data ShadowMaat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Doctor Horrible's Lab
    Posts
    17,549

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    But for now I am pissed at this EP. I mean How many puddle jumpers are they going to demolish? There is only so many right?
    They didn't "demolish" this one.



    2ed why even find a zpm if it is not going to work in atlantis anyways. That really pissed me off.
    They didn't KNOW it wouldn't work in Atlantis until they got it BACK there and rans some tests.




    3erd Those people of that planet are so stupid, I mean sacraficing theirselves. In my opinion a stupid plot.
    There are a lot of rituals in human culture that are pretty "stupid". Self-sacrifice is no dumber than some that are still in use here on Earth. Don't be so quick to condemn what you don't understand.

    I don't think it will be one of my FAVORITE eps and it may have needed a little more filling out plot-wise, but I still kinda liked it. Mostly because McKay kicks ass. McKay and kids... gotta love it. hehe
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; August 13th, 2004 at 07:17 PM. Reason: removing McKay-like sarcasm since it offends...

  13. #13
    Major Mio's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Atlantis Power Generation Room
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Awww.

    We didn't get a ZPM

  14. #14
    Data ShadowMaat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Doctor Horrible's Lab
    Posts
    17,549

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Quote Originally Posted by P90
    He said ZEE-PM at least once, but he also threw in the canadian ZED-PM.
    Yeah, but the point is, if he's so Canadian, he shouldn't slip up like that. It'd be like an American unintentionally saying ZEDPM.

    edit: Then again, I would probably screw up on something like that, especially if I was arguing with someone saying it the other way. It just threw me is all...

  15. #15
    Major Mio's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Atlantis Power Generation Room
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    Those people of that planet are so stupid, I mean sacraficing theirselves. In my opinion a stupid plot.
    A considerable portion of Earth's population bases their entire lives around the teachings a 2000 year old carpenter. Your point?

  16. #16
    Staff Sergeant Faith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dallas Georgia
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Hey do NOT jump all over me and my post. I said "In my opinion and also that I did not watch all parts of the ep and was going to rewatch all of it. That meaning I might change my mind on the ep if after seeing all the details.

    There is NO reason to jump all over me!!!!!!!!!

  17. #17
    Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Menegroth, Doriath
    Posts
    4,444

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but did anyone get a little feeling that the whole sacrafice thing to keep the population at a certain number kind of like SG1 Episode, "Revisions"? Well of course its different, but its just me comparing and contrasting

  18. #18
    Major Mio's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Atlantis Power Generation Room
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Quote Originally Posted by littlemigueljr
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but did anyone get a little feeling that the whole sacrafice thing to keep the population at a certain number kind of like SG1 Episode, "Revisions"? Well of course its different, but its just me comparing and contrasting
    That was different. That was an evil computer making them do it <nod>

  19. #19
    Data ShadowMaat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Doctor Horrible's Lab
    Posts
    17,549

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    There is NO reason to jump all over me!!!!!!!!!
    You stated your opinion, I recounted using ideas and opinions of my own. Sorry if that bothers you. Your original post came across as being very hostile in my opinion so I replied in a particularly blunt manner. I wasn't jumping all over you, just suggesting alternatives. All I'm really saying is try and keep an open mind...

  20. #20
    Chief Master Sergeant Lucia Tanaka's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In the rafters of Atlantis, surviving on leftover food and dust.
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

    This was a fun episode. I like that elder kid who got shot. And the kids. Poor guys, having to be at the recieving end of Rodney's snark.

    Heehee. McKay broke the ZPM. Beckett's never gonna leave him alone about that. ^.^

    ~Lucia
    This is OTAKUDOM-
    I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!



    IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Childhood's End - SPOILERS
    By GateGipsy in forum Stargate Atlantis
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 25th, 2004, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •