• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childhood's End (106)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106

Sheppard and the team visit a world where no one is over 24 years old -- because of a ritual suicide practice they believe keeps the Wraith at bay.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:34 PM.

Nevermind, he's Lt. Elliot from Proving Ground. Why do they keep reusing the same actors?!

Comment

Because the actors are GOOD?? Just a guess, there. Some of my ideas can be a little wacky...

As far as the ep goes, the problem that immediately springs to mind is: they're saying that the wraith haven't attacked the villages for generations, right? But the wraith haven't been around much in generations, have they? It was only recently that they all awoke, and what a handful might have been willing to ignore before a whole feasting horde might be willing to go the extra distance to get some food.

Also. I LOVE McKay but the poor little kiddies.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Because the actors are GOOD?? Just a guess, there. Some of my ideas can be a little wacky...
        No arguement from me there. I love the actors that they use, but the fact that they reuse them for different characters is a little disconcerting. When a character has an entire episode devoted to them, and then they return as some one else...

Comment

Also. I LOVE McKay but the poor little kiddies.
          Those conversations with the kids made my day hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Ilios
            Those conversations with the kids made my day hehe
            "Have you guys heard of chocolate? No? This is going to be huge!"

Ford made me laugh so hard.

Comment

McKay should've been known better than to take something that wasn't his. Was he just gonna rationalize that the Atlantis team needed it more than the kids? He should've thought it through, imo. Some possible questions? "Why is this zpm here?" Or, "does the zpm provide some necessary value to the inhabitants?" But, the story wouldn't be going in the current direction...

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Did McKay say ZEE-PM at one point in his arguing with Weir? I lost track for a sec. Maybe it was Weir...

Comment

I will post more when the ep is reaired and I watch every minute of it.

Good show so far
                  Last edited by Faith; 15 August 2004, 02:02 PM. Reason: typos
                  My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

The Elder, thinking: "Oooh! I got some wrapped objects in a bag of some weird material. Now what do I do with it?"

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Did McKay say ZEE-PM at one point in his arguing with Weir? I lost track for a sec. Maybe it was Weir...
                      He said ZEE-PM at least once, but he also threw in the canadian ZED-PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith
                        But for now I am pissed at this EP. I mean How many puddle jumpers are they going to demolish? There is only so many right?
                        They didn't "demolish" this one.

2ed why even find a zpm if it is not going to work in atlantis anyways. That really pissed me off.
                        They didn't KNOW it wouldn't work in Atlantis until they got it BACK there and rans some tests.

3erd Those people of that planet are so stupid, I mean sacraficing theirselves. In my opinion a stupid plot.
                        There are a lot of rituals in human culture that are pretty "stupid". Self-sacrifice is no dumber than some that are still in use here on Earth. Don't be so quick to condemn what you don't understand.

I don't think it will be one of my FAVORITE eps and it may have needed a little more filling out plot-wise, but I still kinda liked it. Mostly because McKay kicks ass. McKay and kids... gotta love it. hehe
                        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 13 August 2004, 07:17 PM. Reason: removing McKay-like sarcasm since it offends...

Comment

Awww.

We didn't get a ZPM
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P90
                            He said ZEE-PM at least once, but he also threw in the canadian ZED-PM.
                            Yeah, but the point is, if he's so Canadian, he shouldn't slip up like that. It'd be like an American unintentionally saying ZEDPM.

edit: Then again, I would probably screw up on something like that, especially if I was arguing with someone saying it the other way. It just threw me is all...

Comment

Originally posted by Faith
                              Those people of that planet are so stupid, I mean sacraficing theirselves. In my opinion a stupid plot.
                              A considerable portion of Earth's population bases their entire lives around the teachings a 2000 year old carpenter. Your point?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X