Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Childhood's End (106)

Quote Originally Posted by littlemigueljr
    Revisions:
    Spoiler:
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but did anyone get a little feeling that the whole sacrafice thing to keep the population at a certain number kind of like SG1 Episode, "Revisions"? Well of course its different, but its just me comparing and contrasting
    Revisions:
    Spoiler:
    Definite shades of Revisions both with the sacrifice and with the "dwindling field of protection".

It also reminded me a bit of that ep where they brought back the rebel SG teammates to fix the device they'd broken which shielded the city. Drawing a complete blank on the name... Grogan was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucia Tanaka
    This was a fun episode. I like that elder kid who got shot. And the kids. Poor guys, having to be at the recieving end of Rodney's snark.

Heehee. McKay broke the ZPM. Beckett's never gonna leave him alone about that. ^.^

~Lucia
    No. He didn't break it. At first, he thought he may have broken it, but then he realized that he just didn't know how to initialize it.

Chief Master Sergeant Lucia Tanaka's Avatar
    In the rafters of Atlantis, surviving on leftover food and dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    No. He didn't break it. At first, he thought he may have broken it, but then he realized that he just didn't know how to initialize it.

I know. But it's still his fault.

~Lucia
    This is OTAKUDOM-
    I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

I know. But it's still his fault.

~Lucia
    But he didn't break it.

But he didn't break it.

>.< Nevermind.

Anyway, is anyone starting to like Ford more now? I know tons of people had a problem with him. Any changes in opinion?

~Lucia
    This is OTAKUDOM-

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Staff Sergeant They call me Tim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Revisions:
    Spoiler:
    Definite shades of Revisions both with the sacrifice and with the "dwindling field of protection".

It also reminded me a bit of that ep where they brought back the rebel SG teammates to fix the device they'd broken which shielded the city. Drawing a complete blank on the name... Grogan was in it.
    I think that the episode was the Sentinel...and I liked this episode...it was kind of the first exploration mission that they have gone on...and of course yet another greek mention with the kid Ares(wow, he was a war monger ) This had more of a early season SG-1 feel do you agree. and again I get so so stuck on their opening song

Quote Originally Posted by They call me Tim
    I think that the episode was the Sentinel...and I liked this episode...it was kind of the first exploration mission that they have gone on...and of course yet another greek mention with the kid Ares(wow, he was a war monger ) This had more of a early season SG-1 feel do you agree. and again I get so so stuck on their opening song
    Yes. Sentinel. Thanks.

Closed Captioning spelled it "Aries" but yes, he was pretty war-like, wasn't he? Or yet another religious fundamentalist type. *rolls eyes*

Definitely an early-season feel, with a heavy smattering of the eps already mentioned. At least this time the plot sounded a little more rational than when they did it in Revisions. Ye gods, I hated that ep...

Anyone notice that the bows from the bows and arrows are plywood and you can really notice the plies at the ends of the bows where props cut them out of a piece of plywood?
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Livi2Jack
    Anyone notice that the bows from the bows and arrows are plywood and you can really notice the plies at the ends of the bows where props cut them out of a piece of plywood?
    :laugh: No. I'll have to watch it again.

Staff Sergeant

Revisions + Logan's Run = this episode

Still a good episode, but if anyone from SG1 were there, they probably would have punched McKay in the face for what he said back on Atlantis.

>.< Nevermind.

Anyway, is anyone starting to like Ford more now? I know tons of people had a problem with him. Any changes in opinion?

~Lucia
    I'm getting more used to him now. It was cute when he gave the chocolate to the kids. I think they're still trying to establish that he's the "youngin'" of the group, but they're going slightly overboard on him acting childish. Although in this ep, he wasn't as bad.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fun Ball
    Still a good episode, but if anyone from SG1 were there, they probably would have punched McKay in the face for what he said back on Atlantis.
    I sincerely doubt that anyone from SG-1 would have punched ANYONE in the face for saying what was said- even if it had been McKay.

I actually got a Shades of Gray vibe off the confrontation with Weir, except in McKay's case, he was completely serious...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    I actually got a Shades of Gray vibe off the confrontation with Weir, except in McKay's case, he was completely serious...
    I think McKay was right. We needed a ZPM. We still do.

I think McKay was right. We needed a ZPM. We still do.
    True. I agree with McKay too, but I think it had to be part of his development to be shot down by Weir. He knows he's correct, but he still has to follow orders. I doubt it's something he's used to.

~Lucia
    This is OTAKUDOM-

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Livi2Jack
    Speaking of those bows, did those crossbows look exactly like the ones from Double Jeopardy?

Quote Originally Posted by P90
    Speaking of those bows, did those crossbows look exactly like the ones from Double Jeopardy?
    *laughs* And here I was thinking I was observant! Come to GateWorld, and everything you know about these shows is tested.

~Lucia
    This is OTAKUDOM-

Probie

These villagers seem very hostile for people who've lived in peace for 500(?) years. Living without an external threat for so long, you'd think they'd lighten up, maybe question their rules, sneak away (as in Logan's Run?)

And if the shield was put up to protect these people, why set up such a horrible way to control population size?

Not much to like in this episode - except for McKay making the kiddies cry.

I wondered why people wouldn't sneak away, but from the way that the others acted they would hunt them down anyway. I don't think they actually lived in complete peace, since everyone knew they were going to die at 25.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by NightGloom
    I don't think they actually lived in complete peace, since everyone knew they were going to die at 25.
    Actually IMO, I think they did live in peace. You have to remember their way of looking at things is totally different from ours. I think many of them died happy, just knowing that they were helping save their people. (Though I'm sure some of them had second thoughts) I think most of them just accepted it as how things were. It had been done that way for as long as they could remember and that was how they were raised. Though I totally agree with Sheppard and the others trying to convince them that they didn't have to die.
    Daniel:Nyet
    Jack: Daniel?
    Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
    Jack: Nyet???

This was a pretty good episode I thought. I loved McKay with the kids and when he mentioned Carter and there great love in the teaser. Ford with the kids given them chocolate was hilarious, though I still feel he is suffering from the same thing Ensign Travis Mayweather of "Star Trek: Enterprise" does. The fact that he is just there. Ford is the least developed character so far. I liked seeing Lt. Elliot again. The one kid that was sent after McKay and ran back to tell them the device worked again seemed familar. Anyone else reconginze him?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast