Suspicion (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vyse
    But since the ancients would know about an attack, I still think they would have installed shields on all of their outposts, so that numbers wouldn't matter.
    The holo-recording tells us plenty. They worlds were already thriving before the Ancients even knew the Wraith existed. The Ancients were unprepared and the Wraith swept quickly over the unprotected planets, forcing the Ancients back to their city which had the shield. They didn't know the attacks were coming, the didn't have time to put shields up.

And yes, it's possible the Wraith aren't the one's that beat the Ancients. The recording consistently said "dark enemy", without stating a name for them. The producers have effectively said the Wraith are the enemy in the Lowdown, but you really can't say anything's canon until it's been shown on the show. Writers can change their minds before an episode is produced, but once it's aired, it's out there.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

At least McKay only mentioned food, he didn't have any in hand or mouth through the whole ep.

Comment

Okay, well, I couldn't remember if they said Wraith or something else. But, yeah, I mean, it wouldn't surprise me that the Wraith stay the BIG villians, kinda like the Asgard are physical and cool, but the Ancients were twenty times more powerful. I'm waiting to see some sort of ethereal bad guy!
        Urgo: *Wff!*
        Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
        Daniel: I didn't say that.
        Nick: Yes!
        Jack: Okay!
        Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
        Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
          At least McKay only mentioned food, he didn't have any in hand or mouth through the whole ep.
          True, the guy does tend to eat a lot. ^.^ And he's complaining the rations are limited? Gee, I wonder why. ~.^

I'm noticing people are starting to like McKay more. I don't blame them. I mean, he started at as a nearly one-sided egomaniac but now he's a character. Rodney's still a bit of a jerk, but he knows when to shut up. Personally, I think he's not a jerk, just a little snarky. ^.^ And what's a genius without a bit of snarkiness?

~Lucia

PS: I have a confession. I also like airplane food.... and hospital food ain't bad.... Never tried military rations though. *ponders*
          This is OTAKUDOM-
          I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

ya know, that amulet has bothered me from the instant he picked it up and he said it must of shined because of the torch and then the wraith showed up and started blasting...

Comment

So, didn't like it as much as 38 Minutes, I'd say the series is hitting about on the better end of SG-1's first season. Their misses aren't quite as bad (we all must hang our heads in shame, Emancipation), but they aren't hitting them consistently yet.

Two problems i had: 1) The self distruct on the Wraith seemed out of place, 2) Why in the teaser did they stand and stare at the gate after they were through while they were taking fire? It seemed like begging to get hit. Cover people! Dive for cover!

Not bad. Not great. Character building. So I guess I'll do this by character.

Dr. Weir: I like her, wasn't thrilled with the way she let Bates play McCarthy for most of the episode, but it wasn't entirely unreasonable and she did the initiative to say 'these are my decisions, and I know the consequences of them.' I still like her, I'd just say this wasn't her shinning moment. Good characters have less than great moments.

Maj. Sheppard: He's growing on me, he was saying the things I kept wanting to say. Good man.

Tayla: Liked her better as far as the writing goes, the actress doesn't thrill me with her delivery, but hey. The stick fighting was nifty

McKay: Also starting to grow on me. At least he's not ANNOYING me.

Sgt. Bates: Seemed cliche and one dimentional. If we see him again I hope he gets a personality beyond 'I like Joe McCarthy, a LOT.'

Dr. Z: Thank god that's settled. It's a Czech republic flag.

Comment

Hey everyone, did the self destruct remind anyone else of the movie predator???

"You are ONE... UGLY..."

Last edited by ToastBusters; 06 August 2004, 10:03 PM.
                We are the ori. You will be assymilated. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKatGoddess
                  Good point, but you have to admit that she took the quickest and most suspicious option. Maybe it was just caution, but she made it seemed like she had little to no confidence in the people in the city.
                  Well, yeah....You're all alone, 350 million light years from backup, with very uncertain allies...the DEFAULT mode should be the most cautious, suspicious option.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKatGoddess
                    No more naming stuff for Ford. I love him... but... no. The only good name he had was Gateship. That was pretty cool, although I like Puddle Jumper just as much!

And the only thing I can think of is... maybe the Wraith aren't the ones who actually defeated the Ancients? Did anyone say that it was the Wraith specifically, or does everyone just assume that? Because I'm starting to think that there's maybe a higher level of Wraith-like creatures out there... hopefully significantly more intelligent.
                    Could be that all we met are the Cannon-Fodder Level Wraiths. And we haven't met any Wraiths with a head for strategy. Let alone the Command Level Wraiths.

Comment

Here's how I feel about the various characters at this point:

Characters I think are great: Sheppard, McKay, Beckett. I think Sheppard is a great lead for this series. All three of these guys are hilarious, and I hope we see more McKay/Beckett interaction in the future.

Characters that I like but could use some work: Teyla, Ford, Dr. Z. Teyla bores me a little when she's talking to her people, but otherwise I like her. Ford and Dr. Z are just underdeveloped at this point, but I like them so far and I think they'll end up fine.

Characters that I'm ambivalent about: Weir, the tall, hippie-Athosian guy whose name I forget. These characters are just a little boring to me, but not to the point of dislike.

Characters that are going to get on my nerves: The token jerk-of-the-week, e.g. Sgt. Find-the-Spy and Dr. Ponytail. If all the non-main characters are going to be like this, then no thanks, let's just focus on the main ones.
                      It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by gwangung
                        Could be that all we met are the Cannon-Fodder Level Wraiths. And we haven't met any Wraiths with a head for strategy. Let alone the Command Level Wraiths.
                        Yes, there's that. We've just met drones, the Keeper, and That Guy.

Also (possible spoilers--can't remember if this was previously mentioned in SG-1 or SG-A, is fan speculation, or is a spoiler for down the line; definitely spoilers for SG-1 S4)
                        Didn't the Wraith use some sort of bio-weapon against the Ancients? I seem to remember this from somewhere. I think it might be derived from Window of Opportunity where the Ancient outpost colony was overtaken by a "plague", but there is no mention of the Wraith specifically, or if this plague was the more widespread cause of the Ancient downfall.
                        It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

I don't really have a problem with the drone soldiers, because they seem like a cheaper but more plentiful version of the Kull warriors. Single-minded, nameless/faceless zombies who get up after you shoot them (even in the head!) just cry out "strength in numbers", and at this point, that looks like the major advantage the Wraith had over the Ancients. And the speaking-role Wraith tried sneaking around the main group while the grunts were engaging them, so it's not like they're complete idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Security Dude is so stereotypical it's amazing that he didn't flatten out into 2-D from the sheer force of his own clichè-ness.
                            I don't think he's stereotypical so much as single-minded about base security. He also clearly dislikes Sheppard and resents him for "usurping" the command that was Colonel Sumner's. And as it turned out, he wasn't entirely wrong to be suspicious of Teyla or the Athosians. If it wasn't for him, they wouldn't have found out about the necklace transmitter. They probably should check the other Athosians for similar necklaces or trinkets.

I want to know why it never occurred to anyone that the leaking of info could be inadvertent. I know it's the first thing I thought of. But maybe I'm just weird.
                            Inadvertent in what way exactly? That the recon teams keep tripping silent alarms at all the planets they visit? What were you thinking of?
                            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                              That however brings up a question. If the Wraith guy was so eager to blow himself up, why did he let the threat of death stop him? I would rather they had shot him a second time and it disabled him enough to remove the self-destruct device.
                              The device was on his left wrist. He was about to activate it with his right hand but Sheppard prevented that by stepping on the right arm.

Sgt. Security (I forget his actual name) got on my nerves some. He seemed determined to find an Athosian guilty of subterfuge. His close-mindedness probably would have allowed the security leak to go on much longer had a human been the unwilling spy in the ranks.
                              While I agree Sgt. Bates seemed convinced an Athosian was a spy, it was also his dogged determination to ferret out the truth that led to the discovery about the necklace transmitter.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Anyone else notice that after they came through, one of them yelled 'Shut down the gate!' or something to that effect?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X