Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Teyla isn't in a catsuit.

Comment

Like I said, SG-1 is going to be Atlantis's crutch for a while. If the characters don't start showing some sort of massive character growth, I'm gonna lost interest. I think that the only character I'm REALLY hooked on is McKay, and that's because I still think he's a great big, ole adorable jerk! He's the reason I would watch the show! Well, that and Sheppard's funny little quirks!

And not to sound like a pitch for my fanfics, which I HOPE you people will read but are certainly not obligated to, I still like Sheppard simply for the fact that his hair makes him look like he's being going Mach 3 without a helmet!

^_^

By the way, Shadow, thank you for the vote of support on my opinion of the characters! ^_^
      Urgo: *Wff!*
      Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
      Daniel: I didn't say that.
      Nick: Yes!
      Jack: Okay!
      Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
      Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
        At least Teyla isn't in a catsuit.
        Yet. Shhhh.... don't give the writers ideas!

I hope we get to see more of Dr. Z, too. I kinda like him. And McKay getting on his case about complaining was classic.

Comment

Yeah, the self-destruct thing doesn't make alot of sense. I STILL don't get who these stupid, idiotic wraith could beat the freakin Ancients!
          I think it's possible the Wraith overcame the great Advanced Races Flaw (ARF), arrogance. They know they probably won't be hurt by the herds, but they never know when someone else might show up with comparable tech and force them to drastic measures in order to survive. Even though Wraith and Ancient tech is comparable, the Ancient tech seems to be superior. If the Ancients hadn't been as unprepared as they were, the Wraith probably wouldn't have won and would be extinct now.

Wraith tech seems geared towards the ultimate survival of their race. Their weapons are designed primarily to disable its target so they can be fed upon, while still giving the option to kill the target should the target prove to dangerous to preserve for feeding. Their ships allow them to go to where the food is and collect it quickly. Their self-destruct allows them to prevent information from being collected by dangerous enemies during first contacts, as far as the enemy would be concerned, some unknown force took out their people. Their "dietary requirements" and purpose of racial survival has shaped their culture and tactics into something other than most races' MOs.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Weir seemed unnecessarily dense in this ep, following Sgt. Bait's lead.
            Honestly, I think it was just this that makes her not dense. She very specifically told Sheppard she was trying to look at all angles and explore all options. I don't think she was "following Bates' lead," she was just making a conscious decision that his recommendations had merit. Dr. Weir has more things to consider in her position than just what she might want. As she pointed out to John, SHE appointed Bates, and I love the very subtle and unspoken powerplay in that brief moment when she gave him a meaningful look, which could be interpreted a number of ways, I suppose. To me it said "Think before you act without conferring with me, chap."

In the end, you'll note, she overrode Bates's recommendation. She is NOT being strung along.
            "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

Good point, but you have to admit that she took the quickest and most suspicious option. Maybe it was just caution, but she made it seemed like she had little to no confidence in the people in the city.

Comment

One more thing that no one's mentioned yet, Atlantica. Yeah, no more naming stuff for Ford.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Perhaps... I guess my general dislike of Weir is clouding my judgement.

As for the Wraith... the suicide bomb thing seems a little cliche. If the wraith are supposed to be so alien from us, then why are they sticking to human standards in things like that?

Or if you're gonna have a self-destruct, have one that wipes out all life in a two-mile radius along with you.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                    I think it's possible the Wraith overcame the great Advanced Races Flaw (ARF), arrogance. They know they probably won't be hurt by the herds, but they never know when someone else might show up with comparable tech and force them to drastic measures in order to survive. Even though Wraith and Ancient tech is comparable, the Ancient tech seems to be superior. If the Ancients hadn't been as unprepared as they were, the Wraith probably wouldn't have won and would be extinct now.

Wraith tech seems geared towards the ultimate survival of their race. Their weapons are designed primarily to disable its target so they can be fed upon, while still giving the option to kill the target should the target prove to dangerous to preserve for feeding. Their ships allow them to go to where the food is and collect it quickly. Their self-destruct allows them to prevent information from being collected by dangerous enemies during first contacts, as far as the enemy would be concerned, some unknown force took out their people. Their "dietary requirements" and purpose of racial survival has shaped their culture and tactics into something other than most races' MOs.
                    I can see the wraith taking over a small number of planets, but after like the second one I'd imagine that the ancients would get their act together and destroy them. The Wraith tech seems FAR below ancient standards.

Comment

No more naming stuff for Ford. I love him... but... no. The only good name he had was Gateship. That was pretty cool, although I like Puddle Jumper just as much!

And the only thing I can think of is... maybe the Wraith aren't the ones who actually defeated the Ancients? Did anyone say that it was the Wraith specifically, or does everyone just assume that? Because I'm starting to think that there's maybe a higher level of Wraith-like creatures out there... hopefully significantly more intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKatGoddess
                        Good point, but you have to admit that she took the quickest and most suspicious option. Maybe it was just caution, but she made it seemed like she had little to no confidence in the people in the city.
                        Good point, as well. Although I can still understand her position, I can also understand the viewpoint of the Athosians. She would seem very callused to an outsider.

I agree that the self-destruct thing seems out of place for the Wraith. Maybe it's something that will be explored later...
                        "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

One more thing that no one's mentioned yet, Atlantica. Yeah, no more naming stuff for Ford.
                          Atlantica was dumb, but I still like Gate-ship more than Puddle-Jumper

Comment

I can see the wraith taking over a small number of planets, but after like the second one I'd imagine that the ancients would get their act together and destroy them. The Wraith tech seems FAR below ancient standards.
                            They don't need to take over planets, just "pick the fields".

Also, we've yet to see the weapons they have for their motherships. Not to mention we know they have ships all over the galaxy now. Their main tactics are sheer numbers. The numbers and preparedness of the Wraith were probably the main factors of their success against the Ancients.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKatGoddess
                              No more naming stuff for Ford. I love him... but... no. The only good name he had was Gateship. That was pretty cool, although I like Puddle Jumper just as much!

And the only thing I can think of is... maybe the Wraith aren't the ones who actually defeated the Ancients? Did anyone say that it was the Wraith specifically, or does everyone just assume that? Because I'm starting to think that there's maybe a higher level of Wraith-like creatures out there... hopefully significantly more intelligent.
                              I hope you are right, I can't stand how stupid the wraith are.

Comment

They don't need to take over planets, just "pick the fields".

Also, we've yet to see the weapons they have for their motherships. Not to mention we know they have ships all over the galaxy now. Their main tactics are sheer numbers. The numbers and preparedness of the Wraith were probably the main factors of their success against the Ancients.
                                But since the ancients would know about an attack, I still think they would have installed shields on all of their outposts, so that numbers wouldn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X