No announcement yet.

Suspicion (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Dude is so stereotypical it's amazing that he didn't flatten out into 2-D from the sheer force of his own clichè-ness.
    LMAO!! Seriously! He was all - "Hm... I need a suspect... I KNOW! I'M GOING TO TAKE THE MOST OBVIOUS CHARACTER THAT WE COULD POSSIBLY EXPECT!"

I want to know why it never occurred to anyone that the leaking of info could be inadvertent. I know it's the first thing I thought of. But maybe I'm just weird.
    Nah, not weird. Probably just more perceptive. I really didn't think it would be something as simple, but I guess I'm a conspiracy theorist. *Shifty eyes*
    Urgo: *Wff!*
    Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
    Daniel: I didn't say that.
    Nick: Yes!
    Jack: Okay!
    Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
    Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

Nice episode. The conflict was good, I didn't expect them to catch a Wraith.

That however brings up a question. If the Wraith guy was so eager to blow himself up, why did he let the threat of death stop him? I would rather they had shot him a second time and it disabled him enough to remove the self-destruct device. I also wonder how much of his "my kind will save me" routine was truthful. If Wraith are rigged to self destruct like that, his kind probably expect him to have blown himself up, not leaving much to rescue. Hopefully the Atlantis team has removed any tracking devices on his person that would allow the Wraith to find them.

Now we know a few things though. We have an idea of what Wraith tracking technology might look like. We know that bullets drop them for a little bit, electricity does affect them, and stun grenades just kind of bug them. Looking forward to seeing if we learn anything from Atlantis's new pet. Also, McKay has an interesting taste in food.

Sgt. Security (I forget his actual name) got on my nerves some. He seemed determined to find an Athosian guilty of subterfuge. His close-mindedness probably would have allowed the security leak to go on much longer had a human been the unwilling spy in the ranks.

Good episode though, better of tonight's two IMO.
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I dunno, I think both eps were equally weak, in their own ways.

WHY do the Wraith have a self-destruct? If they consider themselves to be the superiorest thing ever, then why should they worry about being captured by the cattle? What could a bunch of cows possibly do to a t-rex? The wraith are nearly unkillable, right? And yet they don't seem to mind killing themselves at the first sign of danger. Strange...

Security dude actually annoys me even more than Kavanagh. And that's really saying something. At least Dr. K has SOME intelligence kicking around that over-inflated head of his. I doubt the same can be said of Sgt. Security.

Comment

This is my favorite episode of Atlantis so far. I have been waiting for a good focus on Teyla's character, as she is the only one I still didn't feel like I knew.

There were many good, strong, subtle themes being explored, including the nature of trust and the burden of leadership. Both Teyla and Weir were in tough, complicated situations: trying to do the right thing and the safest thing. I'm particularly fond of their mutual acknowledgement at the end.

I'm also a sucker for inspirational speech scenes, so I loved what Teyla said to her people about her hope in Atlantis. She instantly notched up in my favorite character ranks with that little stint.

In addition to all this, we got a glimpse into the ongoing day-to-day discoveries in Atlantis (the sunroof bit and the discovery of the mainland), developing friendship between Sheppard and each individual member of his team, a cool twist concerning the necklace (I have to confess I didn't see it coming-- especially not the tie-in with Major Sheppard having activated it), and lots of good humorous one-liners worthy of the Stargate name.

Seargeant Bates was an aggravating antagonist. I hope we don't see too much of him, or if we do he's grown as a person.

And to conclude, Dr. Weir is on a roll: Straight hair, curly hair, straight hair, curly hair. I wonder how long she can keep it up.

Four stars from me!!!

PS- Adored Teyla's "interview" outfit.
          "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

LOL... the fact that you're commenting on Dr. Weir's hair just makes my day! Nice! *Thumbs up* Smooth! ^_^

Comment

Yeah, the self-destruct thing doesn't make alot of sense. I STILL don't get who these stupid, idiotic wraith could beat the freakin Ancients!

Comment

I was surprised that it was Teyla's locket that gave them away. All through the show, I thought it was the security guy, I did not care for him. He must be a marine.

Comment

Weir seemed unnecessarily dense in this ep, following Sgt. Bait's lead (Bait- as in wraith-bait).

Teyla continues to annoy me. This ep was supposed to add depth to her character, I guess, but I find her scenes tedious.

Comment

So far the charcter development hasn't been that good, well except for McKay. I hope this improves in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKatGoddess
                      LOL... the fact that you're commenting on Dr. Weir's hair just makes my day! Nice! *Thumbs up* Smooth! ^_^

LMAO! Nice to know I'm not the only one who's confused! (it's like my own little drinking game - curly-staight-curly-straight ).

What cracked my up even more (warning - geeky science moment ahead ) was when Ford was talking about the "ammonium and potassium percolate" LOL!!! The only thing I know of that percolates is coffee makers However, if by chance he meant perchlorate then you might be onto something explosive..... I was having the weirdest visions involving attacking the wraith by chucking coffee makers at them *gurgling laughter* OK, geeky science moment over....

I definitely liked that the whole giving their position away was inadvertant But it did seem a little silly to bring a Wraith to Atlantis - nice way to invite them to attack the city, and with power and thus shields an issue, doesn't seem the wisest course of action...

And was that a little voice phalanging I heard from the Wraith?? Coolness

Comment

As much as I love McKay and think Sheppard is cool, I would have to say that most of the characters, if not all, still have to grow on me. I think that because the characters are all so 2-D at the moment, the only thing that's gonna keep me watching this show is knowing that I've watched SG-1 right before it and I'm hoping to be impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKatGoddess
                          As much as I love McKay and think Sheppard is cool, I would have to say that most of the characters, if not all, still have to grow on me. I think that because the characters are all so 2-D at the moment, the only thing that's gonna keep me watching this show is knowing that I've watched SG-1 right before it and I'm hoping to be impressed.
                          Yeah, exactly. However it's still very early in the series, so I still have hope. At least there's continuity, unlike another nameless horrorible Scifi show.

Comment

I'm glad to see that McKay's "we're all doomed" thing was not in evidence this week. In fact, he was arguing for staying until they got all their guys back. I wuv my Wodney.

Ford is starting to get wearying and, as Kat said, the others still have to grow. I don't think I'll ever grow to really like them, but... we'll see.

Comment

The thing that annoys me is that I see so much poential for the series, and I'm afraid that it isn't going to live up to it's full potential.

Comment

This episode *was* the better of the two airing tonight although I didn't like it as well as last week's "38 Minutes".

Hate the security guy... Mr. weasel face. I did like Weir more in this episode so I'm hoping she's at least not going to annoy me. Teyla.....I'm still on the fence. I just am not loving her. She is a good little fighter, though.

Sheppard and McKay I totally love. McKay is still stealing all the best lines although Sheppard had some good ones tonight as well. I like that McKay is becoming a real team member while still retaining his annoying qualities. Not an easy balance. Ford is just there for back-up and the occasional comic relief so far. Can't say I really know much about him but it's still early in the series.

Overall a lot happened, they explored the planet a little, managed to get the Athosians out of Atlantis to the mainland where it looks like they're going to conveniently become farmers for the city *and* they captured a Wraith. I think the captured Wraith is a more convincing bad guy than Marilyn Manson wraith (not saying much) and I'm curious to see what happens with him. The minion wraiths, in spite of jumping back to life, just seem to be your usual cannon fodder nemesis.

So a decent episode, we're gradually learning more about the Pegasus galaxy, Atlantis and our team members and I'm enjoying the ride more than I thought I would. I think there's a lot of potential and I'm hoping it's realized.
                                Last edited by keshou; 06 August 2004, 07:56 PM.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X