No announcement yet.

Suspicion (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I'm having a problem with is the lack of "first contact" missions we get to see. In risk of comparing shows, SG-1 had a bunch of missions where they simply wandered onto a planet and the met the people. This has only happened on Atlantis when they met the Athosians. I want to see what some of the civilizations look like in Pegasus.

It was still a fairly good episode, though. Nothing exceptional, but nothing horrible.

I knew from the start that someone was accidentally tipping off the Wraith. I'm surprised it was Teyla's neckless, though. I thought that someone might've gotten tagged when they escaped the tree-covered Wraith ship in the first episode.

Now that the Athosians are both in the clear and moved out of the city, we might finally get to see Teyla do something besides be eye-candy who has to babysit the same small group of people constantly. Plus I was getting really tired of Halling. The actor needs to tone down the melodrama just a smidge.

Lt. Ford: The puddlejumper co-pilot who nearly dies in every episode. He's either getting shot at by Wraith, bumping his head, getting absored by an energy blob, or getting sucked into the vaccum of space. The only thing he ever does is provide military presence in off-world scenes, and throw out the occasional joke possibly involving a really bad name. We did get to see his expertise in weaponry in this episode, so I guess that's a plus.

I wonder if Dr. Weir discovered one of those Jane Jetson hair-styling helmets on Atlantis. Or maybe she just brought some hair-care products alongside her toothbrush and other toilettries.

I stand by the theory that maybe these are just the fodder-wraith we've seen. For all we know, there could be some meglomaniacal Wraith waiting in motherships, equally as evil and cunning as some of our favorite System Lords (ie. Baal, Yu, and Apophis). There's still a lot of episodes left to air this season, so they might be building up to the main villain's intro.

Escrima-style fighting kicks a**.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was expecting a bug to crawl out of Sgt. Bates' butt, and hit everyone with the stick also up his butt. He wouldn't be so uptight if he was getting some Athosian bootay, like Maj. Sheppard.

I think my only problem with Dr. Weir is intentional. She looks very uncomfortable in the leadership role, and I think that's the point. She comes off as overly stiff, possibly because she needs to set an example. She's already on a first name basis with her crew (Rodney, John, Carson, ect.). I think she's going to be a very casual leader with time.

But despite any complaints I might have, it's still only the 5th episode. A whole lot can happen before the season is through.
    It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Excellent character development between Weir and Teyla in this episode. The scene in the interview room between Teyla, Weir and Sgt. Bates(?) was great. Teyla basically ignored Bates and spoke to Weir as one leader to another. And, with tone of voice and expression, Teyla let Bates know just what she thought of his "interrogation" skills. Weir did, too.

The scenes between Weir and Teyla in this episode have really started developing their working relationship. This may the one really unique aspect of Atlantis.
      Slainte
      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
        Anyone else notice that after they came through, one of them yelled 'Shut down the gate!' or something to that effect?
        I forget who said it, but there are two explainations:

1) Person who said it knows very little about gate travel.
        2) It's a new feature built into the Atlantis gate, which could come in handy...

Anyway, great episode. No 38 Minutes, but good none-the-less, better than SG-1's "Season 3 episode" (I've started to notice a trend with the 5th episode of an SG-1 Season )

I love these name you folks are coming up with when you can't remember the character's names though Sgt. Secutiry, Dr. Ponytail (I really like that one )

So, now Mr. Wraith will probably be forgotten about for a few episodes, then bad things will happen

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
          Excellent character development between Weir and Teyla in this episode. The scene in the interview room between Teyla, Weir and Sgt. Bates(?) was great. Teyla basically ignored Bates and spoke to Weir as one leader to another. And, with tone of voice and expression, Teyla let Bates know just what she thought of his "interrogation" skills. Weir did, too.

The scenes between Weir and Teyla in this episode have really started developing their working relationship. This may the one really unique aspect of Atlantis.
          Yes, I totally agree!
          And as far as the "spy" is concerned - I thought it was pretty obvious that the Wraith must be attracted by Sheppard or something about the re-activation of Atlantis. Why torture their visitors throughout the entire ep? Suspicion is one thing, but they're not the only new thing around to focus on!
          "I'd love to de-brief you all after I've de-briefed myself for a nice hot shower."

Comment

The ep was good.

One thing I like about Atlantis is that they give us information about the Ancients and the galaxy a little bit each episode, instead of everything in 2 eps like SG1.

THE POST BELOW MINE HAS SPOILERS FOR THE EPISODE: THE DEFIANT ONE. AND IT DOESN'T HAVE SPOILER SPACE. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!
            Last edited by aAnubiSs; 07 August 2004, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c

So, now Mr. Wraith will probably be forgotten about for a few episodes, then bad things will happen
              As for Mr. Wraith, in the episode "The Defiant One", Sheppard is stuck on a planet alone with a very pissed of Wraith, most likely this is the wraith they captured in this episode.(hightight)

Best ep so far, next to Rising
              Last edited by shockwave; 07 August 2004, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Shockwave: Spoiler space or I'll have to kill you.

Comment

SPOILERS for 38 MINUTES (and Suspicion, of course)

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                  Inadvertent in what way exactly? That the recon teams keep tripping silent alarms at all the planets they visit? What were you thinking of?
                  First off, what about those special genes? The Wraith lay dormant until Sheppard and his merry band of genetic lucksters showed up on Teyla's world, now they show up wherever Shep goes. I'd be taking a careful look at the people on Shep's team. There's also a lot of tech floating around which the SGA crew doesn't understand. If someone is carrying around something they're trying to puzzle out (like McKay for example), then it could be that there device acts as a transmitter. Then there's the fact that Shep fell victim to that bug. It was injecting SOMETHING into him. Maybe it was more than a simple neurotoxin. I'm sure others have had close brushes with the Wraith, isn't it possible that one or more of them could have been "tagged"? One of 'em could even be the local equivalent of a za'tarc. If you're keeping yourself open to all of the options then you should be willing to consider something beyond, "It must be them dirty stinkin' aliens!"
                  Last edited by ShadowMaat; 07 August 2004, 06:54 AM.

Comment

haha, edited our posts at the same time :>

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Nuby- how about editing your post above shock's to warn people that there are unwarned spoilers in the post below yours? If he's too stupid to remember it on hiw own and there are no mods around to fix it, we can at least try and help some of the others from getting unwittingly spoiled..."
                      Don't worry, I've edited it and put the spoilers in white, I just forgot for one moment

Comment

White text isn't that good. Since if someone quotes you it will show up as regular text.

Comment

Well, I don't really think anyone is going to quote that post

I kinda expected it to be Teyla's necklace, they spend a lot of time with it in Rising, part 1

Comment

I thought the episode was pretty good. I knew that somehow Sheppard was part of the reason the Wraith kept showing up. I just never thought it was the necklace that Teyla was wearing. I kept thinking it had to do with the bug from last week.

The finding land on the Atlantis planet was cool. I hope though they don't just move Teyla's people (I can never remember their name.) to the land mass and then never deal with them again. I'm hoping they work together for growing food, etc. and develop a trusting relationship with each other.

I'm thinking capturing that Wraith may have been a bad thing to do, but then it should give some good episodes in the future (if the TPTB don't mess it up.)
                            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              SPOILERS for 38 MINUTES (and Suspicion, of course)

First off, what about those special genes? The Wraith lay dormant until Sheppard and his merry band of genetic lucksters showed up on Teyla's world, now they show up wherever Shep goes. I'd be taking a careful look at the people on Shep's team. There's also a lot of tech floating around which the SGA crew doesn't understand. If someone is carrying around something they're trying to puzzle out (like McKay for example), then it could be that there device acts as a transmitter. Then there's the fact that Shep fell victim to that bug. It was injecting SOMETHING into him. Maybe it was more than a simple neurotoxin. I'm sure others have had close brushes with the Wraith, isn't it possible that one or more of them could have been "tagged"? One of 'em could even be the local equivalent of a za'tarc. If you're keeping yourself open to all of the options then you should be willing to consider something beyond, "It must be them dirty stinkin' aliens!"
                              Yes, that was the biggest flaw in the episode. They didn't consider inadvertent tipoffs like unique isotopes from Teyla's world. Think they should have to make the reveal stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                                I don't know if its a plot hole, but that whole little necklace activation thing is confusing me.
                                Actually, the whole bit with the necklace was pretty cool and very clever.

To me, one glaring plot hole was the fact that the wormhole was shut down by the receiving end.

As long as it has an open connection, the the gate won't shut down on either end. If the wraiths were trying to overrun Atlantis 1, wouldn't they have done something to keep the gate open for the remainder of the 35 minutes?

On Stargate, Hammond used to put the iris up the instant the team came through, which wouldn't turn off the gate but it would stop unwelcome tourists. The fact that the SGC couldn't shut down the gate has been the basis for several episodes, including that Sokar one.

The second glaring plot hole was that annoying Sgt. in charge of security. Three words to the writers and the director: Chain Of Command. Since Sheppard is the ranking military officer AND the officer in charge, that Sgt. would also report to him, not just Weir. He also wouldn't be THAT insubordinate early on to either commander.

I found the Sgt. and the accusation of the Athosians as spies very tired and trite.
                                RDA: "It may be balsa, but it's still wood."

Comment

Working...
                                X