Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspicion (105)

Chevron Re: Suspicion (105)

Yeah, the self-destruct thing doesn't make alot of sense. I STILL don't get who these stupid, idiotic wraith could beat the freakin Ancients!

Default Re: Suspicion (105)

I was surprised that it was Teyla's locket that gave them away. All through the show, I thought it was the security guy, I did not care for him. He must be a marine.

Weir seemed unnecessarily dense in this ep, following Sgt. Bait's lead (Bait- as in wraith-bait).

Teyla continues to annoy me. This ep was supposed to add depth to her character, I guess, but I find her scenes tedious.

So far the charcter development hasn't been that good, well except for McKay. I hope this improves in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKatGoddess
    LOL... the fact that you're commenting on Dr. Weir's hair just makes my day! Nice! *Thumbs up* Smooth! ^_^

LMAO! Nice to know I'm not the only one who's confused! (it's like my own little drinking game - curly-staight-curly-straight ).

What cracked my up even more (warning - geeky science moment ahead ) was when Ford was talking about the "ammonium and potassium percolate" LOL!!! The only thing I know of that percolates is coffee makers However, if by chance he meant perchlorate then you might be onto something explosive..... I was having the weirdest visions involving attacking the wraith by chucking coffee makers at them *gurgling laughter* OK, geeky science moment over....

I definitely liked that the whole giving their position away was inadvertant But it did seem a little silly to bring a Wraith to Atlantis - nice way to invite them to attack the city, and with power and thus shields an issue, doesn't seem the wisest course of action...

And was that a little voice phalanging I heard from the Wraith?? Coolness

Lovely VA... even though I wish I was in LA

As much as I love McKay and think Sheppard is cool, I would have to say that most of the characters, if not all, still have to grow on me. I think that because the characters are all so 2-D at the moment, the only thing that's gonna keep me watching this show is knowing that I've watched SG-1 right before it and I'm hoping to be impressed.
    Urgo: *Wff!*
    Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
    Daniel: I didn't say that.
    Nick: Yes!
    Jack: Okay!
    Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
    Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Quote Originally Posted by TheKatGoddess
    As much as I love McKay and think Sheppard is cool, I would have to say that most of the characters, if not all, still have to grow on me. I think that because the characters are all so 2-D at the moment, the only thing that's gonna keep me watching this show is knowing that I've watched SG-1 right before it and I'm hoping to be impressed.
    Yeah, exactly. However it's still very early in the series, so I still have hope. At least there's continuity, unlike another nameless horrorible Scifi show.

I'm glad to see that McKay's "we're all doomed" thing was not in evidence this week. In fact, he was arguing for staying until they got all their guys back. I wuv my Wodney.

Ford is starting to get wearying and, as Kat said, the others still have to grow. I don't think I'll ever grow to really like them, but... we'll see.

The thing that annoys me is that I see so much poential for the series, and I'm afraid that it isn't going to live up to it's full potential.

This episode *was* the better of the two airing tonight although I didn't like it as well as last week's "38 Minutes".

Hate the security guy... Mr. weasel face. I did like Weir more in this episode so I'm hoping she's at least not going to annoy me. Teyla.....I'm still on the fence. I just am not loving her. She is a good little fighter, though.

Sheppard and McKay I totally love. McKay is still stealing all the best lines although Sheppard had some good ones tonight as well. I like that McKay is becoming a real team member while still retaining his annoying qualities. Not an easy balance. Ford is just there for back-up and the occasional comic relief so far. Can't say I really know much about him but it's still early in the series.

Overall a lot happened, they explored the planet a little, managed to get the Athosians out of Atlantis to the mainland where it looks like they're going to conveniently become farmers for the city *and* they captured a Wraith. I think the captured Wraith is a more convincing bad guy than Marilyn Manson wraith (not saying much) and I'm curious to see what happens with him. The minion wraiths, in spite of jumping back to life, just seem to be your usual cannon fodder nemesis.

So a decent episode, we're gradually learning more about the Pegasus galaxy, Atlantis and our team members and I'm enjoying the ride more than I thought I would. I think there's a lot of potential and I'm hoping it's realized.
    Last edited by Kes; August 6th, 2004 at 07:56 PM.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

At least Teyla isn't in a catsuit.

Like I said, SG-1 is going to be Atlantis's crutch for a while. If the characters don't start showing some sort of massive character growth, I'm gonna lost interest. I think that the only character I'm REALLY hooked on is McKay, and that's because I still think he's a great big, ole adorable jerk! He's the reason I would watch the show! Well, that and Sheppard's funny little quirks!

And not to sound like a pitch for my fanfics, which I HOPE you people will read but are certainly not obligated to, I still like Sheppard simply for the fact that his hair makes him look like he's being going Mach 3 without a helmet!

^_^

By the way, Shadow, thank you for the vote of support on my opinion of the characters! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse
    At least Teyla isn't in a catsuit.
    Yet. Shhhh.... don't give the writers ideas!

I hope we get to see more of Dr. Z, too. I kinda like him. And McKay getting on his case about complaining was classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse
    Yeah, the self-destruct thing doesn't make alot of sense. I STILL don't get who these stupid, idiotic wraith could beat the freakin Ancients!
    I think it's possible the Wraith overcame the great Advanced Races Flaw (ARF), arrogance. They know they probably won't be hurt by the herds, but they never know when someone else might show up with comparable tech and force them to drastic measures in order to survive. Even though Wraith and Ancient tech is comparable, the Ancient tech seems to be superior. If the Ancients hadn't been as unprepared as they were, the Wraith probably wouldn't have won and would be extinct now.

Wraith tech seems geared towards the ultimate survival of their race. Their weapons are designed primarily to disable its target so they can be fed upon, while still giving the option to kill the target should the target prove to dangerous to preserve for feeding. Their ships allow them to go to where the food is and collect it quickly. Their self-destruct allows them to prevent information from being collected by dangerous enemies during first contacts, as far as the enemy would be concerned, some unknown force took out their people. Their "dietary requirements" and purpose of racial survival has shaped their culture and tactics into something other than most races' MOs.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Weir seemed unnecessarily dense in this ep, following Sgt. Bait's lead.
    Honestly, I think it was just this that makes her not dense. She very specifically told Sheppard she was trying to look at all angles and explore all options. I don't think she was "following Bates' lead," she was just making a conscious decision that his recommendations had merit. Dr. Weir has more things to consider in her position than just what she might want. As she pointed out to John, SHE appointed Bates, and I love the very subtle and unspoken powerplay in that brief moment when she gave him a meaningful look, which could be interpreted a number of ways, I suppose. To me it said "Think before you act without conferring with me, chap."

In the end, you'll note, she overrode Bates's recommendation. She is NOT being strung along.
    "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tars/jonas.gif

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Good point, but you have to admit that she took the quickest and most suspicious option. Maybe it was just caution, but she made it seemed like she had little to no confidence in the people in the city.

One more thing that no one's mentioned yet, Atlantica. Yeah, no more naming stuff for Ford.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Perhaps... I guess my general dislike of Weir is clouding my judgement.

As for the Wraith... the suicide bomb thing seems a little cliche. If the wraith are supposed to be so alien from us, then why are they sticking to human standards in things like that?

Or if you're gonna have a self-destruct, have one that wipes out all life in a two-mile radius along with you.

Quote Originally Posted by uknesvuinng
    I think it's possible the Wraith overcame the great Advanced Races Flaw (ARF), arrogance. They know they probably won't be hurt by the herds, but they never know when someone else might show up with comparable tech and force them to drastic measures in order to survive. Even though Wraith and Ancient tech is comparable, the Ancient tech seems to be superior. If the Ancients hadn't been as unprepared as they were, the Wraith probably wouldn't have won and would be extinct now.

Wraith tech seems geared towards the ultimate survival of their race. Their weapons are designed primarily to disable its target so they can be fed upon, while still giving the option to kill the target should the target prove to dangerous to preserve for feeding. Their ships allow them to go to where the food is and collect it quickly. Their self-destruct allows them to prevent information from being collected by dangerous enemies during first contacts, as far as the enemy would be concerned, some unknown force took out their people. Their "dietary requirements" and purpose of racial survival has shaped their culture and tactics into something other than most races' MOs.
    I can see the wraith taking over a small number of planets, but after like the second one I'd imagine that the ancients would get their act together and destroy them. The Wraith tech seems FAR below ancient standards.

No more naming stuff for Ford. I love him... but... no. The only good name he had was Gateship. That was pretty cool, although I like Puddle Jumper just as much!

And the only thing I can think of is... maybe the Wraith aren't the ones who actually defeated the Ancients? Did anyone say that it was the Wraith specifically, or does everyone just assume that? Because I'm starting to think that there's maybe a higher level of Wraith-like creatures out there... hopefully significantly more intelligent.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast