"Comic Con - July 20-23, 2006, San Diego, CA - SG1/SGA guests"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Comic Con - July 20-23, 2006, San Diego, CA - SG1/SGA guests"

They finally posted the list of guests for Comic Con. I'm SO excited, David Hewlett is going to be there. Wheeeeeee!! Can't wait.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_sat.php

I wanna go! *whines..stores food in a backpack and starts walking* if this doesn't make me loose weight I don't know what will....

Can nobodies be somebodies?
    My Livejournal
    Lemming #63!

Comment

*just found out a certain dr is going and is sulking*

i wanna go! david hewlett is there! i wanna go!

Comment

Sigh, yes, must win powerball

2:00-3:00 SCI FI: Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis— Diving into its tenth season, Stargate SG-1 has made history by becoming the longest-running sci-fi drama in U.S. television history. The show follows General Hank Landry (Beau Bridges) and his team as they travel through the Stargate—an ancient portal allowing instantaneous travel to distant galaxies—to explore the uncharted regions of the universe and save the Earth from destruction. Panelists for SG-1 include Christopher Judge (Teal’c) and additional cast members, plus executive producers/writers Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, and Nora O’Brien, VP original programming, SCI FI.

On Stargate Atlantis, currently in its third season, evidence of a secret base left by the originators of the Stargate is found in the most unlikely of places-on Earth. The implications of this discovery lead the team to the distant Pegasus galaxy, where they find the legendary city of Atlantis, and a primitive human civilization threatened by a sinister new enemy. Stargate Atlantis panelists include Joe Flanigan (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard), Torri Higginson (Dr. Elizabeth Weir), Rachel Luttrell (Teyla Emmagan), David Hewlett (Dr. Rodney McKay), Paul McGillion (Dr. Carson Beckett), executive producers/writers Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, and Tony Optican, VP development and current programming, SCI FI.Gary Jones (Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman, Stargate SG-1) moderates both panels. Room?*20

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_sat.php

Comment

I would give my eye teeth to see Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, but I live too frakkin' far away to go. I hope those who go post lots of good stuff here!

Comment

*sobs uncontrolably* Another one who would love to go but lives WAY too far away! Davids going *sobs some more*

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

I'll take some pictures for you
              Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                I would give my eye teeth to see Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, but I live too frakkin' far away to go. I hope those who go post lots of good stuff here!
                What post good stuff - let me think about that - Comic Con one of my favorite cons of the year - the little one just 100,000+ folks - Lots of different panels, thousands of exhibitors - Battlestar Panel on Friday and watching SciFi Friday night with a 1,000+ other people on a big screen - Stargate Panels Saturday - lots of fun lots of people -

Autograph Room

Steve Bacic, actor (Andromeda, Stargate SG-1)
                AA14 Friday, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
                AA16 Saturday, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
                AA15 Sunday, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  What post good stuff - let me think about that - Comic Con one of my favorite cons of the year - the little one just 100,000+ folks - Lots of different panels, thousands of exhibitors - Battlestar Panel on Friday and watching SciFi Friday night with a 1,000+ other people on a big screen - Stargate Panels Saturday - lots of fun lots of people -

Autograph Room

Steve Bacic, actor (Andromeda, Stargate SG-1)
                  AA14 Friday, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
                  AA16 Saturday, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
                  AA15 Sunday, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
                  LOL! You always post the most wonderful pics, Tsaxlady! I love that you spoil us so. It's fun to see such an event "up close and personal" through your eyes despite my being so far away.

Comment

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=7810

Official Press Release

Avatar Press is pleased to present a wide range of talent at booth 2851 in San Diego. All signing times are subject to change.

Featured talent:

Don't miss our two special guest actors from the Stargate SG-1 tv series!

Gary Jones - the beloved Stargate Operator Walter Harriman!
                    Cliff Simon - the dreaded Goa'uld lord Ba'al!

Friday
                    4 pm to 6 pm - Cliff Simon

Saturday
                    10:30 am to 11:30 am - Gary Jones
                    5 pm to 7 pm - Gary Jones
                    5 pm to 7 pm - Cliff Simon

Sunday
                    10:30 am to 12 pm - Cliff Simon

Comment

More info on the con:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=7830

Official Press Release
                      Next week the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is on the road to San Diego to celebrate the country’s largest festival of comics and pop culture. We’ve lined up a full slate of great premiums and events to raise funds for our important legal work.
                      EVENTS!
                      CBLDF Welcome Party
                      Thursday, July 20
                      Westgate Hotel
                      1055 2nd Avenue
                      7:30 PM – 11:00 PM
                      Image Comics, IDW Publishing, SuicideGirls.com, Prism Comics, Diamond Select Toys, and Dark Horse have teamed up to support the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund by hosting the Fund's Welcome Party at Comic-Con International!
                      Mix and mingle with comics brightest stars, and get a chance at winning some great door prizes from our sponsors. You’ll also be able to bid on breakfast with Jose Villarrubia or lunch with Paige Braddock, courtesy of Prism Comics.
                      The first 200 attendees will also receive a fantastic gift bag of great items including Strange Girl #1 and The Last Christmas #1, courtesy of Image Comics; a Free Comic Book Day Stargate Jack O’Neill action figure, courtesy of Diamond Select Toys; a grand opening Charles Schulz Museum logo magnet courtesy of the Charles Schulz Museum and Prism Comics; a variety of cool SuicideGirls.com items; and a graphic novel from IDW.
                      This gala party will be held at the Westgate Hotel's Terrace Under the Stars on Thursday July 20 from 7:30 PM until 11 PM. The event will be free for card-carrying CBLDF members and open to all others for a suggested $10 - $20 sliding scale donation.
                      CBLDF Benefit Auction
                      Saturday, July 22, 7:00 PM
                      San Diego Convention Center, Room 8
                      Saturday evening, July 22, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund will host its annual benefit auction at the San Diego Convention Center. The Fund is offering a legendary selection of great original art, including pieces by Will Eisner, Frank Miller, Jack Davis, Jim Lee, Matt Wagner, Art Spiegelman, and many, many more. Beyond original art, we're also offering rare signed comics, graphic novels, signed scripts and other items. Check out this fantastic selection of one of a kind items, and let the bidding begin! (Can’t make it? We’re taking sealed bids as well!) View the auction at http://cbldf.safeshopper.com/16/cat16.htm?736

Comment

http://www.starwars.com/community/ev...60714.html#rss

News on comic con. Click on link for full info

The Insider's Guide to Comic-Con International 2006
                        July 14, 2006

Thursday, July 19, 2006

DK Publishing
                        2:00 PM -- 3 PM
                        Room 1B

Learn the process of creating comprehensive visual guides to pop culture's top properties! Tom DeFalco (author, Spider-Man: The Ultimate Guide) and Peter Sanderson (author, X-Men: The Ultimate Guide) discuss their latest collaboration: The Marvel Encyclopedia. DK licensing publisher Alex Allan and senior designer Robert Perry reveal the work behind the DC Comics Encyclopedia, the Star Wars Visual Dictionaries and The Secret World of James Bond, and preview upcoming guides on Smallville, Stargate, and Conan the Barbarian

*Click on link above for the full text*

Comment

For those who can't attend...

There is an SG1/SGA panel on the 22nd, so fingers crossed....

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=7799

G4 GOES LIVE TO COMIC-CON WITH LIVE BROADCAST
                          by Arune Singh, Staff Writer
                          Posted: July 12, 2006 Official Press Release

Los Angeles, July 12, 2006 - For the first time ever, G4, the fastest growing
                          television network for 2006, goes live to Comic-Con, the launching pad for
                          the biggest comics and the most anticipated sci-fi, action and horror films of
                          the upcoming year. G4’s ATTACK OF THE SHOW, co-hosted by Kevin Pereira and
                          Olivia Munn, will offer extended coverage and television’s most in-depth look at
                          the convention, being held July 20-23. G4’s comprehensive Comic-Con coverage
                          includes a two-hour special broadcast live from the San Diego Convention Center
                          floor on Friday, July 21. Two additional one-hour specials airing Monday and
                          Tuesday, July 23 and 24, will feature first-look trailers, celebrity
                          interviews, creators, costumes, collectibles and, of course, millions of comic books.
                          COMIC-CON ’06 LIVE will air on Friday, July 21 from 8:00–10:00 PM ET/5:00– 7:00
                          PM PT. Two one-hour ATTACK OF THE SHOW Comic-Con specials will air Monday,
                          July 24 at 7:00 PM ET/4:00 PM PT and Tuesday, July 25 at 7:00 PM ET/4:00 PM PT.

In addition, the exclusive world premiere of the HAPPY TREE FRIENDS
                          television series will be held at Comic-Con, hosted by G4 and HAPPY TREE FRIENDS’
                          production company, Mondo Media. The twisted animated series—featuring cute, cuddly
                          animals whose daily adventures always end up going horribly wrong—will air on
                          G4 this fall in a new, half-hour version. Currently, HAPPY TREE FRIENDS airs
                          as a short during G4’S LATE NIGHT PEEP SHOW, a compilation of the best
                          animation found on the Internet. The HAPPY TREE FRIENDS podcast continues to be one
                          of the highest-ranking podcasts on iTunes. HTF creative team Ken Navarro, John
                          Evershed, Ken Pontac, Jim Lively and Francis Carr will attend a special
                          screening of the new, half-hour series at Comic-Con, followed by a Q&A session, at
                          which fans can have their photos taken with the Cuddles mascot.

More than 100,000 ardent fans are expected to attend Comic-Con 2006 during
                          the pop culture extravaganza, which celebrates the historic and ongoing
                          contribution of comics to art and culture. The annual event is so popular that tickets
                          sell out months in advance, and major movie studios send mega stars such as
                          Charlize Theron and Natalie Portman (who attended Comic-Con 2005) and Samuel L.
                          Jackson (appearing at Comic-Con 2006) to mingle with the costume-clad fans.

G4’s ATTACK OF THE SHOW, which has covered Comic-Con since 2003, will
                          dramatically ramp up its coverage of the convention this year. AOTS’ comprehensive
                          Comic-Con coverage will let viewers know what’s hot in the industry, which
                          homemade costumes shouldn’t have left the closet and what movies to look forward
                          to, giving the scoop from the stars themselves. 2006 marks ATTACK OF THE SHOW’S
                          first live broadcast from Comic-Con, as co-hosts Kevin Pereira and Olivia
                          Munn, and G4’s comic book industry expert Blair Butler, scope out all the action
                          on the convention floor during the two-hour live special on Friday, July 21. In
                          addition, two one-hour AOTS specials airing the Monday and Tuesday following
                          the convention will feature extensive coverage of Comic-Con’s most spectacular
                          moments.

G4’s program highlights will include:

Celebrity Interviews and Movie Sneak Peeks: Hollywood rolls out the
                          celebrities each year for the big announcements and autograph signings. ATTACK OF THE
                          SHOW is at the front of the line for some face-time with the biggest stars
                          scheduled to appear: Samuel L. Jackson, promoting SNAKES ON A PLANE; Kristen Bell
                          and the cast of VERONICA MARS; cast members from BONES, THE BOONDOCKS, ROBOT
                          CHICKEN and the writers/producers of FAMILY GUY; as well as the cast from
                          Lionsgate’s anticipated CRANK: Jason Statham (Transporter), Amy Smart (Road Trip)
                          and Efren Ramirez (Napoleon Dynamite). ATTACK OF THE SHOW will also feature
                          first looks at next year’s biggest blockbusters, such as GHOST RIDER, SPIDER-MAN
                          3, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE BEGINNING and BEOWULF.

Floor Reports and Fan Insanity: ATTACK OF THE SHOW has the massive convention
                          floor covered with reports from the biggest movie studios and comic book
                          companies (Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Vertigo and more) to the hottest indies and toy
                          companies. From costumes to collectibles, Comic-Con is for the fans, and
                          ATTACK OF THE SHOW is the biggest one. “Cosplay,” where attendees create and wear
                          anime costumes, is a large component, culminating in the annual Masquerade
                          Costume Contest on Saturday night. G4 will cover the spectacle.

Booth Activities: Fans can meet ATTACK OF THE SHOW hosts Kevin Pereira and
                          Olivia Munn during an autograph signing at the G4 booth on Friday, July 21.
                          Comic-Con attendees also will be able to watch the live broadcast of the July 21
                          special, direct from Comic-Con, on Friday afternoon, beginning at 5:00 PM PT.
                          G4 will be handing out special souvenir G4/Comic-Con bags at the booth,
                          celebrating the debut of G4’s booth at Comic-Con.

Online Coverage: Bringing the interactive experience to the viewer, fans at
                          home can weigh in on what’s hot or not, with Web and SMS voting opportunities.
                          G4’s website, g4tv.com, will feature extensive coverage throughout the
                          Comic-Con convention, including breaking news, photo galleries, "Best of" video
                          podcasts, extensive short-form broadband video clips on The Pile (g4tv.com’s
                          exclusive broadband channel), and in-depth feature stories.

About G4

G4, the fastest growing network on television for 2006, launched in April
                          2002 and is now available in 57 million cable and satellite homes nationwide. The
                          #1 podcasted cable network in America and a leader in VOD, G4’s programming
                          includes breaking video game industry news, trends, reviews, the hottest games
                          and gear, celebrity interviews and insider opinions. Targeting the male 18-34
                          audience, G4 is the last word on games, technology, animation, interactivity,
                          the Internet and broadband. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles and is
                          owned by Comcast Corporation. To learn more, log onto www.g4tv.com.

-----------------------------------------
                          PS In checking tv listings, the COmic Con special is on

July 21st at 8pm-10pm
                          July 22 - 3:00-5:00am (repeat) and at 11pm-1am
                          July 23 - 9-11am, 4-6pm
                          July 24 - 3-5am, 1-3pm

It's unknown if each one is a new segment per day, or just a constant repeat.
                          Time will tell.

Meanwhile, check your local listings for times.

Comment

http://comics.ign.com/articles/718/718897p1.html

Comic-Con 2006: Diamond Toys Show Off
                            Complete list of goodies in store.
                            by Press Release - Diamond Select Toys

July 14, 2006 - This year's San Diego Comic Convention marks another grand
                            undertaking by Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles LLC! Plans for the event
                            include a wide selection of exclusives, several celebrity guests, contests and even
                            a blood drive! Below is a schedule of events as well as a summary of this
                            year's exclusives and activities, so be sure to visit booth #2607!

Exclusives

Mohawk Storm bust - Based on her appearance during Chris Claremont and John
                            Byrne's famous run on Marvel Comics' Uncanny X-Men, this all-new exclusive
                            Storm bust shows the weather goddess wearing a leather vest, studded collar and
                            edgy mohawk along with her lethal blade - ready to take on Callisto for control
                            of the Morlocks! Sculpted by Sam Greenwell, this 5 ½" bust is guaranteed to
                            move quickly the moment the show opens. $50 limited to 750 pieces.

"Where No Man Has Gone Before" Kirk in Command Chair - As part of the 40th
                            anniversary of STAR TREK, prepare to beam up this deluxe Captain's Chair set!
                            Featuring Captain Kirk as seen in "Where No Man Has Gone Before," the set
                            delivers an intricate chair design unique to this episode! In scale with past
                            releases and sculpted by Art Asylum, prepare to boldly go where no man has gone
                            before! $25

Marvel Select Black Spider-Woman - After receiving her powers through secret
                            experiments by the Commission on Superhuman Activities, Julia Carpenter took
                            up the Spider-Woman name and replaced the presumed-dead Jessica Drew as a
                            member of the Avengers. Standing 7 inches tall and including a detailed Hydra base,
                            the Marvel Select Black Spider-Woman is in scale with past Marvel Select
                            releases and will feature the line's trademark deluxe packaging. $20

"Mirror, Mirror" Uhura (DST), McCoy (New Force Comics, Booth #5439), Sulu
                            (Action Figure Xpress, Booth #4205), Chekov (Entertainment Earth, Booth #2343)
                            and Marlena Moreau - When purchasing the $15 "Mirror, Mirror" Uhura, McCoy, Sulu
                            and Chekov figures from their respective retailers, con-goers will be able to
                            have a special STAR TREK card stamped at each booth. Upon completing this
                            card and returning to the Diamond Select Toys booth during the convention, fans
                            will receive the "Mirror, Mirror" Marlena Moreau figure at no cost, completing
                            the "Mirror, Mirror" set!

Celebrity Guests

BarBara Luna - STAR TREK's Marlena Moreau will be signing autographs on
                            Friday from 11 am - 1 pm. Receive a free autograph ticket with purchase of all four
                            "Mirror, Mirror" exclusives! Additional autograph tickets will be available
                            for $15.

Nichelle Nichols - STAR TREK's Lieutenant Uhura will be signing autographs on
                            Saturday 11 am - 1 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm. This $25 package includes the
                            "Mirror, Mirror" Uhura exclusive figure and one autograph ticket. Additional
                            autograph tickets will be available for $20.

Clare Kramer - Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Glory will be signing autographs on
                            Sunday 11 am - 1 pm and 2pm - 4pm. Autograph tickets will be available for
                            $20.

Retail Debuts

BTVS Glory - Beginning on Wednesday, July 19th and continuing through Sunday,
                            July 23rd, fans will be able to pre-order Titan Publishing's exclusive "Red
                            Dress" Glory figure and receive a free issue of the Buffy magazine!

Deluxe Angel & Spike - Buffy's favorite vamps make their deluxe action figure
                            debut with this super-articulated release! Also look for Time and Space Toys'
                            50's Angel and Action Figure Xpress' "School Hard" Spike!

Star Trek: TNG Picard & Troi - The top-selling STAR TREK line continues with
                            Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Counselor Deanna Troi! Also look for Entertainment
                            Earth's Counselor Troi, Toy Rocket's "All Good Things…" Picard and Action
                            Figure Xpress' First Contact Picard!

Stargate SG-1 Series 1 - The Stargate SG-1 action figures make their world
                            debut with Colonel O'Neill, Dr Jackson and the Jaffa Serpent Guard! Start
                            building your Stargate during the convention and remember to collect four UPC's for
                            the free Elite Serpent Guard figure! Plus, spend $60 on Stargate merchandise
                            at the DST booth and receive a Free Comic Book Day Jack O'Neill figure!

Special Events

Blood Drive - To emphasize the importance of giving blood, Diamond Select
                            will be donating 700 limited edition Buffy the Vampire Slayer Spike figures as
                            giveaways for participating donors. This year's Blood Drive will take place at
                            the Marriott on Friday, July 21 and Saturday, July 22 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
                            and on Sunday, July 23 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The Blood Drive registration
                            booth will still be located in the Sails Pavilion on the Convention Center's
                            top floor for all your onsite questions and registration before going over to
                            the Marriott. Please register by 5:00 PM on Friday and Saturday and by 2:00 PM
                            on Sunday. You can also pre- register to give blood online.

Captain's Chair - A life-size replica of the original Captain's Chair will be
                            on display for fans to have their picture taken in each day at noon! Just
                            spend $60 on STAR TREK merchandise at the DST booth for your free ticket!

Contests - DST's largest contests to date will be run throughout the show!
                            Enter to win 28 seasons of STAR TREK on DVD plus a DVD player, Buffy the Vampire
                            Slayer Season 5 DVD signed by Joss Whedon plus a DVD player, a Playstation 2
                            with X-Men: The Last Stand game, and Stargate SG-1 Seasons 1-4 on DVD plus a
                            DVD player and complete set of Stargate SG-1 action figures!

Comment

I'll be there Saturday! I'll probably be wearing my pirate!Elizabeth (PotC 2) costume, assuming I get it finished in time. If any of y'all see me at the panel, feel free to say hi! And I'm bringing along my big 300mm lens like I did last year.
                              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Working...
                              X