Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Virtual Fleet

Design Specifications
    Sheild - Ancient sheilding founded out of the database in Atlantis for use in the earth battleship "Odin", the shield itself is designed on the city sheild of atlantis and takes a neutron ion particle drive power source to run or a ZPM.

Power Source - On asgard design with tok'ra aid, the power source has a self charging unit within itself able to recharge the ion particles again when depleted. The asgard and tok'ra installed this module along with the tweaking of earth scientists using little ancient power source knoledge known. The total power output is 1/4 the capacity of a ZPM module.

Sublight Engines - Asgard designed and installed sublight engines make the "Odin" extremly fast and agile when traveling, little is known behind this technology. this was a gift from the asgard for the fight against the Ori.

Hyperdrive Engines - Newly discovered from the Ancient database with daniel jacksons help, the designs were released to earth and constructed by asgard / human scientists making the "Odin"'s hyperdrive the most advanced since the Ancient citys.

Armour & Hull - The armour and hull is made up tritanium and other unknown metals and materials, it has been lined with asgard chemical resins to make the armour and hull resiliant to heat and radiation. the ship is able to fly through space without sheilds online with this new armour and hull tech making power exumpion extremely low.

Battlecruiser Bay - The "Odin" designed by asgard and tauri scientists included one of these bays to be able to carry 2 daedalus class battlecruisers within its hull.

Battleship Weapons Specifications
    Tauri Main Railgun Battery - The "Odin" is equiped with 10 standard close batterys able to fire 10,000 rounds ammunition case, the ammuntion used since the daedalus and odyssy has been replaced with a new Ion round which makes the round able to pass through the sheilds of any gou'ld mothership vessel.

Tauri Rail Cannon Battery - The "Odin" is the first ship to incorporate the new earth created Rail cannon, the rail cannon is larger in size than the standard railguns and fires a 4200mm Ion Artillarty round, the downfall of these batterys is their rate of fire because of reloading and charging needs the batterys can only fire every 2mins, but the "Odin" has been equiped with 4 of these massive cannons to combat the war against the Ori.

Tauri Missle battery system - The "Odin" has been equiped with 22 of the daedalus class missle batterys armed with new phased photon missles able to impact at a greated velocity than previous made missles.

Mod Insert to clarify the topic for newer readers :
    SEE NEXT POST FOR FLEET INFO
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 August 2011, 12:58 PM.

Im trying to be create a 'Tauri fleet of the Future' in order to base it one.
    So everyone who enjoys the ship designing and i think has got great design ill be asking to see if i can use the designs as part of it.
    On the list so far that might be asked to help in some way:
    - Cooky
    - JRPR
    - Pyrus
    - Andrew Joshua Talon
    - Publius Aemilius Aper
    - Macilnar
    - general ben
    - Immhotep
    - Jonas Quiinn
    - Freya's mother
    - mburrows
    Last edited by immhotep; 09 October 2006, 01:04 PM.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

What I think we need to do is, have a whole bunch of designs for various ship roles and then create a poll so that everyone can voice their opinon on which ones they want integrated into Earth's virtual space fleet. And then we can get cooky do design some kick butt ships using his awesome skills.

Originally posted by Immhotep
      On the list so far that might be asked to help in some way:
      - Freya's mother
      What did you have in mind?

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

I agree, I think a virtual GW fleet of the future would be pretty incredible.
        There is enough of a backlog of designs and opinions on designs, weapons, tactics and the like to create one on here. And enoguh skill at modelling between all the people on that list to make it look pretty great too.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          I agree, I think a virtual GW fleet of the future would be pretty incredible.
          There is enough of a backlog of designs and opinions on designs, weapons, tactics and the like to create one on here. And enoguh skill at modelling between all the people on that list to make it look pretty great too.
          These are the ship roles we could fill (I know we already have BC's and fighters but it wouldn't hurt designing more):

Ubertaur'i-mothership (Only one ubermothership. It would be complete fanwank. Should be the only complete fanwank ship though)
          Warship
          Carrier
          Battlecarrier
          Battleship
          Battlecruiser
          Cruiser
          Destroyer
          Frigate
          Gunship
          Various Fighters
          Last edited by freyr's mother; 04 July 2006, 09:18 AM.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

New Fighter Concept

Details to come soon.... what you think of this for a new fighter 302 hybrid replacment?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quiinn
              New Fighter Concept

Details to come soon.... what you think of this for a new fighter 302 hybrid replacment?
              I'd need to see more before I make my opinion but so far it looks decent. It might need to be a little more compact if we wanted to deploy it from a ship.

Best Stargate quote:
              Green is your friend.

Comment

You're free to use my ships as you see fit. Though I may also use them in a seperate solo project down the line.

I'd recomend, if he's willing, that you have Jonus Quiinn do the moddeling, his skills are far superior to mine. And I wouldn't include fanwank ships, even one. It'll add more respectability to the fleet. Most people see fanwank ships and turn away. The more reallistic the fleet is, the more attention, and contribution it'll recieve from the comunity.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                  You're free to use my ships as you see fit. Though I may also use them in a seperate solo project down the line.

I'd recomend, if he's willing, that you have Jonus Quiinn do the moddeling, his skills are far superior to mine. And I wouldn't include fanwank ships, even one. It'll add more respectability to the fleet. Most people see fanwank ships and turn away. The more reallistic the fleet is, the more attention, and contribution it'll recieve from the comunity.

My 2 cents.
                  The Ubertaru'i mothership would only be a little fanwank then.

Okay, why don't we first pull up the best designs our forum has for new fighters. Personally, I like Immhotep's F-303.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Fighter Concept Art

Rendered Fighter

Design Specifications
                    Shield - The new 302a2's are equiped with shielding as a new messure against the Ori, the shielding system itself was installed by the Tok'ra. Little is known about it.

Power Source - the new power source was provided by the inhabitans of Othalla, they donated the tech after carter helped with the space race and with the new aggression from the Ori. the power source itself is Ion based.

Armour & Hull - the armour and hull of the 302a2 remains the same as its brother the 302.

Engines - Designed by Tauri scientists from the gou'ld death gliders, make these ships highly agile and fast, it is said the asgard offered an tweak for these also.

Weapon Specifications
                    Tauri Projectile Mini-chaingun - designed and placed on fighter craft all over the world this weapon is equiped to the 302a2 as a backup close fighting weapon and the 302a2 only has one equiped.

Tauri Short Barreled Railgun - new invention made from the 303 class railguns these small batterys are a faster rate of fire using smaller rounds and shorter range. The new 302a2 has two of these at its desposal.

Tauri Missle system - the 302a2 has now 2 rotating cylinder missle pods within each wing with a maximum of 32 missles that can be launched. the 302a2 also has 6 clamped missle to the wings or can be equiped with 2 anti-battleship missles. (Missle Idea and design by Freyr's Mother)

hope this design wins a few hearts.
                    Last edited by Jonas Quiinn; 04 July 2006, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Im planning to make this fleet Realistic, but i need to make the choice between a fleet set within the next decade or in say 50 years. Now the 50 years option would increase the likelyhood of Fanwank ships getting in the mix. However the best moddled ships, such as Pyrus's are also within that category.
                      Im going to set the fleet battling the wraith in Pegasus, simply because we know more abotu wraith ships and weapons and tactics than the ori.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

A way to incoperate a higher capacity of missiles into a fighter is using my rotating cylinder system. There could be like 16 AMRAAM (sp?) missiles or various types each attached to a rotating cylinder inside the cargo bay. (we know the F-302's have a cargo bay). Then you could fit like four anti-capital ship missiles under the wings.

I highly suggest someone incoperates this into their fighter design.

Im planning to make this fleet Realistic, but i need to make the choice between a fleet set within the next decade or in say 50 years. Now the 50 years option would increase the likelyhood of Fanwank ships getting in the mix. However the best moddled ships, such as Pyrus's are also within that category.
                        May I suggest the 10-15 years option?

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                          These are the ship roles we could fill (I know we already have BC's and fighters but it wouldn't hurt designing more):

Ubertaur'i-mothership (Only one ubermothership. It would be complete fanwank. Should be the only complete fanwank ship though)
                          Warship
                          Carrier
                          Battlecarrier
                          Battleship
                          Battlecruiser
                          Cruiser
                          Frigate
                          Gunship
                          Various Fighters
                          i was thinking instead of an ubership that we would have some kind of space station or perhaps even atlantis as the backdrop for a fleet. This station would be able to service all the craft and the fleet defend it.
                          I have selected a few designs for the roels above. For example, JRPR's Serpant class would be my main choice for the gunship role.
                          FM, i was hoping you could help out with just choosing and helping me pick out which ships would be good in the fleet. Your good at evaluating the ships and have been in the ship design threads as long as i can remember and i trust your judgement.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

FM, i was hoping you could help out with just choosing and helping me pick out which ships would be good in the fleet. Your good at evaluating the ships and have been in the ship design threads as long as i can remember and i trust your judgement.
                            Well isn't that a nice thing to say. Looks like you're gonna have some more back owed green coming your way. Thanks for the compliment. I'll start right away.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

I'd suggest using the Daedalus class in place of the ubership. It is a good multi-role vessel that doesn't really fit into any of the other categories anyway, and would make a good flag ship for the fleet.

As for stations, I've been trying to come up with a design for an earth-built defense station for months with no luck. I'd love to see your idea. For fleet servicing, I think ground based locations would work better. Or better yet, a moon base. If a Daedalus class ship can land on a planet surface, any of the other designs, which are likelly to be equal or smaller in size, should be able to as well. I've been experimenting with terrain design latelly and want to try my hand at a moon base. I plan to include room for anything upto the size of a 304 to land at the base.

Comment

Working...
                              X