SG-1ssm's "Questions from a stupid new Star Trek fan" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1ssm's "Questions from a stupid new Star Trek fan" thread

I'm a new Star Trek fan, and I need a place to put all my stupid questions.

ok question 1. I've never seen Voyger before and now I'm watching the series finial on my computer (don't ask how I got it). First question: I thought The Doctor was a hologram. What is he doing walking around outside his holodeck? And how did he get a date? Is The Doctor not a hologram anymore? How did that happen?

question 2. I thought Voyger was only gone 7 years. Why is it 23 now?

qustion 3. Why have the Star Fleet badges changed? Why aren't they the same as TNG or DS9?

question 4. Who is that dude that the Admiral visits at the beginning of the show?

question 5. what's up with that random flashback?

question 6. what is cowtoe?

question 7. what's up with the half borg lady?

question 8. I thought the borg queen was killed by Percard in First Contact. Why is she alive again?

question 9. what's up with the old klingon dude?

question 10. why does the ship the asian guy is in command of look exactly like the Voyger?

question 11. ok, what is that borg doing on Voyger in the first place? Isn't that a bad idea?

question 12. what is the temporal prime directive? I know what the normal one is.

question 13. what's up with that armor thing that appears around the shuttle?

question 14. what's up with the dude dating the borg?

question 15. what happened to the first officer's face?

question 16. what's up with the female kingon as chief engineer?

question 17. what's so special about the nebula to the borg queen?

question 18. why do the borg want voyger not ot get home?

question 19. what is a tran-warp hub?
    Last edited by SG-1ssm; 06 July 2006, 09:48 PM.
    I'm from Iowa, United States

By the way - Star Trek headquarters looks sweet!

Comment

*Cracks knuckles*

I'm assuming you want spoilers, so there won't be any warnings.

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
      First question: I thought The Doctor was a hologram. What is he doing walking around outside his holodeck? And how did he get a date? Is The Doctor not a hologram anymore? How did that happen?
      In Season 2's "Future's End", The Doc received a piece of 29th century technology called a "moble emitter" that allows him out of the sickbay/holodeck.

The events in the final ep is 1. in an alternate timeline and 2. over 20 years in the future, so the Doc could theoritically get a date in that time.

question 2. I thought Voyger was only gone 7 years. Why is it 23 now?
      They skipped ahead. Keep watching.

qustion 3. Why have the Star Fleet badges changed? Why aren't they the same as TNG or DS9?
      Well, they could've made the tech better. Also, I think TPTB wanted to distinguish the series from each other.

question 4. Who is that dude that the Admiral visits at the begining of the show?
      Barclay is a recurring character that got his start on TNG. He's the guy responsible for first establishing contact with Voyager from the Alpha Quadrant through some well-thought out technobabble. In short, he's a good friend.

This is fun. Anything else?

EDIT:

question 5. what's up with that random flashback?
      It's not a flashback, but an alternate timeline. You'll see what happens at the half-way mark of the 2 parter.

question 6. what is cowtoe?
      A Vulcan game, and it's spelled "Kal-toh"

question 7. what's up with the half borg lady?
      Seven of Nine? She's an exborg we got at the start of Season 4.

question 8. I thought the borg queen was killed by Percard in First Contact. Why is she alive again?
      She's a machine. Therefore the Borg can make another one if the old one's destroyed.

question 9. what's up with the old klingon dude?
      He's just some random Klingon dude.

question 10. why does the ship the asian guy is in command of look exactly like the Voyger?
      It's not. It's like the Equinox, a Nova Class.

question 11. ok, what is that borg doing on Voyger in the first place? Isn't that a bad idea?
      Seven? She's with us. No worries.

question 12. what is the temporal prime directive? I know what the normal one is.
      "Don't mess with the timeline"

Ok, you really need to actually watch the series before you see the end of it.
      Last edited by PG15; 06 July 2006, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        Ok, you really need to actually watch the series before you see the end of it.
        How? It doesn't rerun on any channel and I'm not gonig to buy the DVDs for a show I've never seen.

Comment

Huh...good point.

Well, most of the questions are answered pretty much within the episode you're watching. The rest should be answered in the series premier "Caretaker".

Comment

Ya and my "source" for the series finale doesn't have the premier

Comment

Find another "source", I'm sure there are plenty out there.

Comment

Well tonight I watched The Next Generation series finial, and I actually understood it.

But tomorrow night, I'm watching the Enterprise series finial, and I've never seen Enterprise, so get ready to answer a ton more questions.

Well, now I am going to bed, and to where no man has gone before. Where that is, I don't have a clue. Good night.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
                  Well tonight I watched The Next Generation series finial, and I actually understood it.

But tomorrow night, I'm watching the Enterprise series finial, and I've never seen Enterprise, so get ready to answer a ton more questions.
                  DON'T WATCH IT! IT'S BAD, BAD, BAD!

What did you think of the next gen one? I absolutly adore it.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                    It's not. It's like the Equinox, a Nova Class.
                    I belive hes on about Harry Kim in charge of the Road Island. Its actually a Road Island Class I belive too

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
                      I belive hes on about Harry Kim in charge of the Road Island. Its actually a Road Island Class I belive too
                      No, PG15's right, it's a Nova class.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I Stand corrected

it looks very different from other Nova Classes I've seen though. Probably since this is further into the future i guess and has been refitted

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

yep its a nova alright anyway, some of the questions werent answered so here you go

q13 the armor is ablative armour that is deployed around a ship to fully encase it in a protective shell

q14 whats wrong with dating a borg, especialy one that good looking!

q15 cant say i noticed any difference...being a while since ive seen endgame though

q16 well theres a full klingon who was formaly ent-d security chief, then moved to DS9, so a half klingon engineer isnt that much more unlikly i dont think

q17 well its big enough to hide that hub thing, keep it from prying eyes and all

q18 considering the knowledge they gained on they trip, and what was given them by admiral janeway, would you want some one you've been trying to assimalate without success to become even more capable of resistance ?

q19 exactly what it sounds like, a hub structure built to alow star ships to traverse the galaxy real fast via transwarp tech

Comment

Yeah, it was a modified Nova class.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                              DON'T WATCH IT! IT'S BAD, BAD, BAD!

What did you think of the next gen one? I absolutly adore it.
                              First off, I couldn't find the DS9 series finial, another one I would accually understand.

Secound, I thought TNG finial was pretty go, but I can't figure out if the events accually happened, or is it was all Percard's dream.

I loved the finial scene.

Comment

Working...
                              X