Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LiveJournal post
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Gotta love the start of this ep. Walter is such a likeable character. Even when he's being all serious. In fact he's even funnier when he's being serious.

And there goes the gate. I automatically thought of Anubis's knowledge of Asgard beaming technology when the gate got beamed up.

It's a wonder M'Zel wasn't on Tritonan at this point. He wouldn't have died if he was.

The Trust went to an all time low using the poison like that.
      sigpic

Comment

It was short but for some reason I really liked the leader of the Alpha Site. I wished we had seen more of this guy.

I've grown tired of the Trust as this point. Thier are so many other stories to be told it gets boring falling back onto this story. I also have a hard time the Trust being able to support the notion of genocide. Its not concivable that any one who knows of the Stargate program would be willing to support genocide. And I don't buy that the Africian Trust agent should be able to escape that raid Carter was going on . I do like the Teal'c stuff just because of the dedication he has to finding out who is using symbiote poison to attack the Jaffa. Ultimately this episodes doesn't work because of poor insight into the small details
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. That can't have been a nice phonecall.

2. Seeing the monitors say "offline" was freaky.

3. Sure we'd sen Pearce before but he really stepped up here.

4. Jack's friends are more important than a whole load of other people...I can live with that, I can relate to that...

Still a fun ep
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

It doesnot make any sense that sam chose to beam out instead of taking the ship. There are still lots of poison rockets onboard.

Comment

Great opening, stargate stolen, officers confused, nice interrogation - then it gets exciting.
              Could have been a two - parter for me - there was much which could have been presented at a slower pace.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

I haven't seen this episode since 2004 or 2005. What a shockingly dark scene with the gas attack! I felt sorry for Zarin and M'zel.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Why dont the Alpha site dial Earth and send a MALP to see whats happening? They would then see the goons are onboard a ship and realise what's happening. They could then some a large bomb through.
                  Last edited by GodAtum; 09 September 2018, 09:41 AM.
                  "You don't know half of it".
                  Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                  (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

It's like seeing these episodes for the first time again since I can't remember what happened. It's rather likely, I might add, I've never actually seen these more than once. Basically, it's the first time these DVD's come out to play in over a decade.

Anywho, I thought this episode was OK. It wasn't overly exciting but not overly boring either.

The Trust using the nerve agent to kill all Goa'uld and Jaffa, rebel or otherwise, is what they do. They don't care about anything outside of their own people. Although, their own people would be expandable when push comes to shuff.

The team is split up and deals with their own side in their own manner, to eventually come together on the ship and deal with the problem in the nick of time.

How would you rate SG-1's "Endgame"?

Excellent
                    Good
                    Fair
                    Poor
                    Terrible
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The trust folk are expandable, huh? Like balloons?

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        The trust folk are expandable, huh? Like balloons?
                        I'm going to assume I made an error in spelling...

*googles*

Woops... It's expendable.

Comment

You so rarely make vocabulary mistakes, I just had to note that one.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                            You so rarely make vocabulary mistakes, I just had to note that one.
                            I think this one is a keeper...

Comment

You are being checked by Seaboe!

This nerve gas reminded me to the tv show "24" where one of the earlier season was dealing with similar attack. Brrr.

I liked this Endgame story, but I believe it would have worked better in pair with the Colson story. So I would have swapped the episode order of 8x09 with 8x08 as the stealing of Asgard beaming technology was a continuation of the previous storyline while the Jaffa ladies had a standalone.

And somehow I was missing a proper closure for this story as it is a bit annoying the Trust lady has even escaped.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                And somehow I was missing a proper closure for this story as it is a bit annoying the Trust lady has even escaped.
                                Wait... we never hear from her again?

Or she'll be some throw-away line where they mention she ran into a Goa'uld and got her what-for.

Comment

Working...
                                X