Endgame (810)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
    Oh ok thanks. Yeah I figured he would have had to be promoted to General fairly recently around that pilot. Since in all these repeat SG1 episodes that air before the new ones that I watch, he's a Colonel.

Oh and could you tell me why T'Ulc (sp?) didn't die when he was exposed to that nerve gas? Isn't he a Jaffa as well?
    Oh, since like in S6, (so spoilers ahead for who haven't seen S6) his symbiote was removed, and he was put on the Tok'ra enhanced trutonin, in which makes it possible for a Jaffa, like himself to live without the symbiote, which is why all those other Jaffa people died, except him hoped that helped
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'm not sure I know what to say about this episode. I enjoyed it and it was certainly the best of the three Trust episodes but I was maybe a little underwhelmed for a summer finale.

*This episode kept my attention for the most part and I did like the way they tied in the Trust's actions against the Goa'uld/Jaffa and Teal'c role in the story.

*Nice use of the Trust group introduced in Affinity and Covenant. They clearly believe they're doing this for the greater good even though millions of lives are being lost.

*Some good lines in the episode. The intro between Walter and unknown guy was very funny, the "you had COFFEE??" between Daniel and Walter was fun and some of the stuff between Daniel and the Area 51 guy was amusing. Although it did seem odd to have Daniel questioning him. Of course Daniel was the only SG-1 team member left on Earth at that point and obtaining the use of the wrist device was a key plot point.

*The tie-in of a lot of plot elements from previous episodes - the poison, Osiris' ship, the installation of the Asgard beaming technology on the Prometheus, the break in the Tok'ra/Jaffa alliance, Mazel back (poor guy), etc. I felt bad for the Jaffa and the Tokr'a operative.

*Sam bluffing the Trust guys and kicking but at the end was good. Daniel almost rescuing her - but getting the zat once again. How many times is that this year?

*Too much running in warehouses chasing people for me. A little tedious and we had to go thru it twice.

*RDA/Jack - Jack's big decision in delaying the order to fire on the Alkesh was a little off. I kept thinking he'd give the order and he couldn't. Interesting scene at the end. Did like Jack's "tough choice" line.

*Yeah, Sam's jacket. nuff said. ETA: But I liked her first warehouse surveillance outfit.

Kind of glad there's no cliffhanger this year. Atlantis is enough.

Last edited by keshou; 18 September 2004, 06:17 AM.
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it. The whole ep seemed disjointed as if they were trying to cram too many storylines in it.

First, Jack wasn't in it enough and he didn't seem to be concerned about Sam being missing. What was up with that comment at the end?

Why was Daniel asking the questions at the beginning? He's not even military and an anthropologist to boot, why put him in charge of the investigation of the missing gate?

Strange wardrobe choices. Sam wearing the top of a Catwoman costume. What happened to the regular black outfits when they're defying orders? (ie. Within the Serpent's Grasp) There also seemed to be some uniform confusion. Jack in blue. Daniel in green. Oh, and we almost got through one ep without Teal'c in sleeveless. Almost.

Could of been worse. Could of been a two-parter.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by Excali5033
          Don't forget Morpheus' automatic handgun... :b
          Or demented out-of-control helicopters...although they should try to get a "dodge this" quote in there somehow.

I sense a petition in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
            *Yeah, Sam's jacket. nuff said
            Phft. She looked great in that Jacket Wait...gotta clean the drool off my keyboard...back in a few minutes
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know O'Neil that well...but was he being sarcastic about the "tough choice" part at the end?

I don't watch SG1 much, so I'm not sure as to how this guy's put together. He seemed cool in the Atlantis pilot though.
              I dunno. It'll probably come up later. Has anyone read spoilers for "Threads" yet? Seemed sort of related, somehow. Or else I'm just grasping at straws, which is a definite possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                Oh, since like in S6, (so spoilers ahead for who haven't seen S6) his symbiote was removed, and he was put on the Tok'ra enhanced trutonin, in which makes it possible for a Jaffa, like himself to live without the symbiote, which is why all those other Jaffa people died, except him hoped that helped
                Wow, then that episode I watched tonight before the Season 8 one must have been REALLY old. It was the one where the old actor who played Daniel had his body swapped with some old dude. That's interesting.

Thanks for cluing me in

Comment

Wow, then that episode I watched tonight before the Season 8 one must have been REALLY old. It was the one where the old actor who played Daniel had his body swapped with some old dude. That's interesting.
                  Yes it was, and i watched that too
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Thanks for cluing me in
                    The ep was "Holiday" and you're right, it was really old. Season 2.

Comment

There were good elements to this episode: I especially liked that it moved several arcs forward, something that episodes like Icon (and even Covenant, though it mentioned the Trust--nothing else of import happened in the ep) did not do.

I do agree with some of the plotholes mentioned earlier in this thread, plus some additional problems that I had:

1) The soldiers were running only a little behind the Trust operative. Yet, after he gets zatted by Sam, we have all the time it took for her to walk over and kneel down, to be taken, zatted and for the female operative to be sent down to retrieve the unconscious man--and the soldiers apparently *still* haven't gotten to him! Did they get lost?

2) It makes no sense to indiscriminantly kill the rebel Jaffa. These guys are helping to bring down the Goa'uld. You would want to work *with* them, not against them.

3) I thought that M'zel was on tretonin (at least, I thought that's what was suggested in DK)?

4) This episode was the worst so far for emphasizing RDA's reduced schedule, IMO. There were scenes he should have been involved in, like interrogation of the suspect. And in most of the scenes he was in, he had virtually no dialogue.

6) While I can understand Jack's unwillingness to wipe out 2/3's of SG-1, he was made too indecisive. We've seen Jack make the tough call before--he pressed the button in SE, for example--not waffle until the bad guys take the decision out of his hands.

7) I have liked Daniel since Evolution as much as I liked him in the early seasons, but we've lost what made Daniel unique. The problem is--and this was one problem I had with bringing the character back--that they simply don't have a storyline for Daniel anymore (the only exception is ascension, but to this point, they haven't done anything with it). And SG-1 has become so much the most experienced team that they don't send it out to just do routine exploration anymore. He's just been marking time. We don't need Daniel to be a generic "soldier". Handling interrogations? In reality, would they assign Daniel--no matter how long he's been at the SGC--to do that? No, they wouldn't.

Nor would they have him be part of ops to catch the bad guys. Yes, Daniel has certainly learned over the years how to handle himself in a firefight in the field, *when* he has to. But he's still not trained in ops (and we saw that in Affinity. Daniel was wrong to go off on his own with no backup. It's not his area of expertise, and he found out last night just what he gave away, with some pretty terrible consequences). Again, in RL, they still wouldn't send him to the warehouse, no matter how long he's been on the job. He's still an archaeologist and linguist, not trained special forces.

But they have nothing "Daniel" for Daniel to do, so, to give him something to do at all, they're having him channel Jack. Look at when he gets to the al'kesh. *He* went because he presumably could read the language to see if the code was changed, but that went nowhere; it didn't help him. Instead, he handled it the way Jack would have: he blasted the crystals. You didn't need Daniel to do that; anyone could have.

Spoiler:
                      I know at some point they are going to address the ascension thing again, but that may only be for part of one episode. Before that, we get stuff like "Prometheus Unbound", which again doesn't have Daniel being Daniel.

I *did* like Walter: he's probably had more to say this season than in the past seven put together!<<g>>

J.
                      "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                        The ep was "Holiday" and you're right, it was really old. Season 2.
                        PS it was on at 8pm tonight.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I'm glad that the Prometheus now has Asgard transporter technology.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                            First, Jack wasn't in it enough and he didn't seem to be concerned about Sam being missing. What was up with that comment at the end?
                            What, the "tough choice" I think he meant sarcastically, yeah like it was really an option of killing them. Choosing his team wasn't a tough choice.

Why was Daniel asking the questions at the beginning? He's not even military and an anthropologist to boot, why put him in charge of the investigation of the missing gate?
                            Okay, I can see wondering why because he's non military (even though they had a civilian in charge of the whole operation for awhile, so a civilian having that responsibility doesn't seem so farfetched to me) but what does him being an archeologist have to do with it? It sounds like him being an archeologist is a pertinent reason why he can't be given the responsibility for investigating the gate.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Thankfully this episode was not a two-parter, as I am rather impatient...
                              The only additional comments and questions are about the poison:

- From what we know the poison kills the symbiote, both larval and adult.

- We also learn back from the poison's introduction that the host is not affected. It's the Goa'uld itself that releases a poison of its own to kill the host, as a "I'm taking you with me" approach.

?'s:
                              Why did the Jaffa drop over dead instantaneously? They would be without an immune system and without tretonin they'll be dead after a short while. Do the larval Goa'uld still manage to poison a Jaffa in his/her pouch?

Also why did the Tok'ra host die? They would give their lives for their hosts as witnessed with Jolinar.

Did the Trust modify the poison to be deadlier to hosts, or did the SGC/Area 51? I thought Sam said it was produced different and just as deadly, not more so.

Heh... confused again.

Comment

Good episode not Great but good

I don't know why u ppl are complainin I thought carter looked dead sexy in the shiny jacket. I was also drooling over the tok'ra chick too.

Comment

Working...
                                X