No announcement yet.

Endgame (810)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My justification for Daniel doing the interogations was that he was doing the good cop. Had there been more resistance there would have been a bad cop.
    He certainly had the technical background to know what the seargents and the area 51 guy were talking about.
    Besides Daniel being a mini-me of Jack is precisily what is aggravating him (Jack, that is.)

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
      I don't know why u ppl are complainin I thought carter looked dead sexy in the shiny jacket. I was also drooling over the tok'ra chick too.
      Has nothing to do with how sexy Charter looked or not. It has to do with the fact that A) it had no functionality on a mission, everyone else on that raid was appropriately dressed for, you know, a raid. B) Shinny things catch light and reflections (even fake looking leather things), and attract the attention of people who want to kill you. Which makes you very dead sexy.

I know Amanda Tapping wants to get out of the combat boots, but combat operations aren't exactly the right place.

Comment

I enjoyed this ep, as it had enough components of what makes stargate fun and engaging to watch - intrigue, humor, weaving in elements from past eps, getting off the darn planet, some team-shipping and Daniel getting zatted.

seriously, I felt like a some of this ep was setup for future episodes (I don't read any of the spoilers, so I'm just surmising here) and Jack's comment at the end was deadly serious - he's now dealing with a serious issue that his command decision was affected by his personal feelings, and he knows it.

In previous eps he has been able to make the choice. For example, in Entity he zatted Carter twice even believing it would kill her. Now he's the general, millions of lives are at stake, and he hesitated. I feel sure that's going to come up again.

^Ravinia^

Comment

I liked the episode until the end. I felt the ending was a little rushed. I thought they should have stayed on the ship and took it over. But then, we would have to all new characters for the Trust to run across later. We know we will meet up with those two who are still alive (the gal and the one guy Sam knocked out.)

Otherwise, I felt it was a good episode. Jack's indecision and reluctance to send Daniel to the ship and Prometheus actions were good. Shows he's still not sure of his command. I do hope he grows into is soon, as it could get tiresome to watch.
          No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

This episode stunk. Quite frankly, I am absolutely through with "The Trust" and "The Rogue NID" and any other stupid excuse for an episode. In practically every episode dealing with these guys, we never go offworld. Even worse is that it always envolves conspiacy, stupidity on the part of the government, and doesn't advance the grand sceme of things in any way. Probably the only thing I enjoyed during this episode was when Teal'c shot the African-American dude, because I actually gained a gleam of hope that the Trust might actually be put out of my misery for once, but, low and behold, they escaped, yet again, allowing the writers to insert them yet AGAIN in some dam episode.

I swear. For the first four episodes, S8 was doine fine. After that, three "NID centric" episodes take this season down the crapper, and i'm through with these stupid NID episodes.

-Ves

Comment

While I'm not overly fond of NID-ish episodes, I liked this one a lot. I've stopped comparing the episodes to the "old Stargate" and thus am enjoying them more than I did last year.

I do miss the old style shows, though, where they went through the gate, and Daniel had to translate stuff, and there was mythology and exploration and all that. The stuff that got me hooked in the first place.

The Jack and Daniel bits in this one were great. And I think it's cool that Daniel appears to be the 2IC now that Jack is the General and Carter's in charge of SG-1.

DJ
              Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                Phft. She looked great in that Jacket Wait...gotta clean the drool off my keyboard...back in a few minutes
                LOL!!ROFLMAO!!!! My thoughts exactly!
                sigpic
                Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Sad to see all the negativity. This ep was the best since the pilot. It didn't take it 20 minutes to get into the story like most episodes this season, it had a lot of action and a lot of important plot developments. It certainly makes you wonder what will happen in the second half of the season, having earth just kill millions of Jaffa and Gou'ld. I don't think I've ever like an NID (or Trust as they are called now) episode before this one, as it was done pretty well. Sure a lot of things were kind of backwards, like the one dude not getting caught and Daniel acting like a navy seal. That seems to be more the fault of the direction the show has had to take the last couple of seasons than stupid writting. I mean who else is going to go onto the ship? A character we've never seen before? Perhaps they should move Mr. Rainbow over from Atlantis and onto SG-1, he'd probably be used better.

So ok, it had some stupid parts and wasn't the best basis for a story we've seen this year, but I think it's execution was much better than anything we've seen from SG-1 this season, which sadly has been the worst one yet, but of course I liked season 7 (and 5 too, which a lot of people seem to ahte for some reason).

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne

The Jack and Daniel bits in this one were great. And I think it's cool that Daniel appears to be the 2IC now that Jack is the General and Carter's in charge of SG-1.

DJ
                    Daniel is 2IC of the base now? Did I miss a memo?

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                      Good episode not Great but good

I don't know why u ppl are complainin I thought carter looked dead sexy in the shiny jacket. I was also drooling over the tok'ra chick too.
                      But should she look sexy *on purpose* when she's on a dangerous op? What happened to Sam being an equal? She's still beautiful when she wears military gear, IMO, why all of a sudden are TPTB trying to sex her up? She should not have been wearing her "club" outfit to work!

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Good show...and did anyone else notice the F-302 and trucks at the Alpha Site...finally! They're getting serious about defending it!
                        sigpic
                        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

This is one of those eps, you either like or dislike.
                          I'm a bit on the middle as well.
                          Liked how things kept a momentum, but Jack's decision felt unsure.
                          What was goin on in his mind that entire time.. "What if i did this?"
                          Its something we all asked at the same time..
                          If he was faced with such a decision again, just what would he do that time..
                          +not many other complaints, it felt like an ok ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
                            It was the one where the old actor who played Daniel had his body swapped...
                            Huh? What do you mean "old actor"? Michael Shanks has always played Daniel Jackson, ever since Season 1. The only time Shanks wasn't playing Daniel was in the original movie!

Personally I thought this episode was the best of Season 8 so far. If things continue like this I'll be very happy. Seeing M'zel again was good and I was so happy to see Pearce again! He's been missing since Season 6, and I've missed him. And he got a promotion! YAY!

Who was the chick aboard the Prometheus though? It didn't sound like Major Gant, but it might've been. The Prometheus' commander as well, has he been in it before? I know it wasn't Ronson, but was it that guy from the begining of the Season "Colonel Lionel Pendagast" or whatever?

And as for Carter strapped up wearing tight leather? Well... I thought the tight jeans from New Order Part 2 were good! This was just as good!

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Well I wasn't *crazy* about it but I could find things I really liked

I really enjoyed Walter and the other Tech at the beginning...too funny!!!

Liked the Coffee Joke - thought THAT was hilarious

I did like Jack's reactions to most things...RDA came off as VERY frustrated by the whole thing and I do believe THAT is how Jack is feeling about being STUCK in the SGC.

I liked that Teal'c figured out how to dial into the gate.

I liked how the whole Team was involved in the episode.

what I didn't like...
                              Daniel doing the AF interrogation - seemed out of place and just didn't feel riight

was that Teal'c would not have automatically suspected the Tok'ra...he would have thought that the Earth gate being down was suspious before blaming others...so having him act rashly was out of character.

Daniel being TO ......JACK.....and NOT Daniel...I like Rambo Daniel as much as the next girl BUT not in place of Jack

Definitely total Lack of tension.......you KNEW they were going to be rescued with no problem...they never looked nervous...at all

Sam being dressed all *funky* AGAIN....just put the woman in uniform Thank you!

So while I missed some things ....I can't say this wasn't good just not the best
                              Definitely felt RDA's reduced schedule
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I thought this was a good episode. If Teal'c can have hair and an apartment, then Sam can dress sexy

Going a little OT, but are SG-1 and SGA both written by the same writers? Im just not diggin' SGA right now. IMO SG-1 is way ahead of them in just about every category.

Comment

Working...
                                X