No announcement yet.

Sacrifices (809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the wedding was odd, but not as odd as horses walking through the coridors. That Ishy girl or whatever her name is, maybe Ishta, was kinda annoying. Too stuborn. She thought the by killing Goa'uld, she would feel free, she didn't understand that she was already free, and what she was doing was to liberate her people. And instead of choosing the wise way, she just chooses the jaffa thing like Teal'c did wit Tanith.
    sigpic

Comment

Meh. Jaffa culture never caught my interest, and Ry'ac is like a repellent to me. I could easily skip this one on my next re-watch.

edit: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Comment

Finally. Season eight, you are a strange creature.

I've come to realize that I admire nearly every episode focusing on Teal'c, even though I've never considered him to be one of my favorite characters, nor do I care that much for Jaffa politics. Huh.

I wasn't even looking forward to seeing Ishta again, but I loved her confrontation with Teal'c at the SGC and their ongoing tension off-world. It was also nice seeing changes for the next generation in Rya'c and Kar'yn.

I suppose it was a relief to get back to a Goa'uld plot, even if it wasn't the main story. There also seemed to be more humor in this ep than in the last few. (Looking at you, Bra'tac!) That or my memory is just terrible.

Oh, but the horse squishing Jack and Sam to the wall as it passes, hindquarters swaying as it clops down the hall? The best scene.
        Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 31 July 2015, 05:46 PM.
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

This episode really does remind me how much I dislike Jolene Blalock as an actress. Way too wooden, way too many hissy-fits, the feminism was was over the top IMHO.

Rya'c and Kareem (sp?) need to grow up a little....but the wedding was nice.

Not one of my favourites.
          Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

A bit different but not boring. Rya'c is growing up, Teal'c in love (?) and General O'Neill no longer the master in his own house - gambling kids, attractive women, smelly horses - who can concentrate under such circumstances?
            Nice off-world action.
            Wonderful wedding scene - especially the rehearsal!
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Since these will be the only places I'll be active... until either the forum is dead and buried or I reach the end of my rewatch... whichever comes first (I predict the dead forum will come first -- if it's still in the ether, I might be the only one active -- I promise I'll turn off the lights when I leave).... the rewatch continues...

HEY NEWBIES!! IF you exist... welcome to join...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So you are discriminating the OLDBIES. Only newbies can join.

I really liked in this episode the tent when the lights have gone through after it was shot with Jaffa staff bots.

But the most memorable is that silly little motion how Moloc has tried to push away the red light on his chest.

I also loved to see animals on the set in spite of JM said they couldn't use more as they need so much legal authorization for using animals on films.

The circumcision reference was unnecessarry in the end. It is not very practical for an active, freshly married couple before the wedding night.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Since these will be the only places I'll be active... until either the forum is dead and buried or I reach the end of my rewatch... whichever comes first (I predict the dead forum will come first -- if it's still in the ether, I might be the only one active -- I promise I'll turn off the lights when I leave).... the rewatch continues...

HEY NEWBIES!! IF you exist... welcome to join...
                  Looking forward to you getting back into harness & posting more jigsaws.
                  I feel like a Newbie sometimes, so thank you for your welcome.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                    Looking forward to you getting back into harness & posting more jigsaws.
                    I feel like a Newbie sometimes, so thank you for your welcome.
                    Was gonna start again Saturday but fell asleep at 9pm and slept for 14h straight... I guess I was tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Was gonna start again Saturday but fell asleep at 9pm and slept for 14h straight... I guess I was tired.
                      Young thing like you shouldn't get tired
                      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Did I like it the first time? Not a clue, can't remember but I did like it now.

It had some fun stuff in there. Daniel and Sam reacting to Kar'yn announcing the wedding was going ahead as scheduled.

Ishta's back, with horses.
                        Did you notice they put extra flooring on the ramp to accomodate the horses. Thought it was fascinating.

Moloc is back -- and gone again.
                        Aron found a nice place to point that laser, didn't he. Rockets vs Moloc -- bye bye false god. Obviously the power vacuum would not last long and here comes Ba'al to clean up the mess or make more of it.

It's a good solid story as far as I'm concerned so onwards...

How would you rate SG-1's "Sacrifices"?

Excellent
                        Good
                        Fair
                        Poor
                        Terrible

Comment

Yeah! the rewatch is back.

This isn't one of my favorites, in part because I was just never that wild about the stories focused on the jaffa. On the plus side, sneakily competent Jack is one of my weak points, so I'd call this an okay-leaning-to-good episode.

Seaboe (who might be losing the B key on her work keyboard--oh, noes!)
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I found the mention of cake at the wedding and Bra'tac's quiet response quite important, but I'm not sure about all that paperwork he has to do now. I can't but think he does the general notes and has someone else do it for him, and then Jack'll sign off on it.

Comment

I suspect Jack has always paid more attention to paperwork than it appears. There's no way he'd get so far in the AF if he didn't.

As for sneakily competent, I was thinking more about the logistics of having all those extra people on base. Someone has to have the overall plan, and that someone has to be Jack. Yes, someone else handles the details, but they can't handle details without coordination--which Jack supervises.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I don't think he liked those horses roaming around the base though...

Comment

Working...
                                X