Sacrifices (809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
    * Is it just me or is AT picking up on the Canadian accent? Listen to her saying "out" -- oh, yeah -- it's there

Well, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure whether or not she is Canadian, but I know she's been up here for more than just the 8 season run of SG1. She had her acting training at my University!

(Hearing about this, I didn't know what to think, whether I should be excited that Amanda Tapping went to my school, or irritated that the director of the school of dramatic art referred to the program as SG_I_)

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica03
      Anyone know what happened to Jacob in this episode? Wasn't he supposed to be in it?
      no, jacob is in threads. actually, i heard pete was going to be in it, but he wasn't. what a shame <insert sarcastic grin here>
      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Just saw it on squinty. Loved the story, the humour, the acting. Great job, CJ!

But, wow, did Teal'c ever sound like a Tok'Ra!
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Yes this was an amazing episode. People who say different are actually really wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by IdiotBoy
            Well, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure whether or not she is Canadian, but I know she's been up here for more than just the 8 season run of SG1. She had her acting training at my University!

(Hearing about this, I didn't know what to think, whether I should be excited that Amanda Tapping went to my school, or irritated that the director of the school of dramatic art referred to the program as SG_I_)
            Make it a little bit of both. While the former fact is really freaking cool, the latter is completely reprehensible. You should correct him - uh, respectfully, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
              Nope, not this episode, that I know of. Certainly, I never read any spoilers which said he was.
              Albion
              Originally posted by michelleb
              no, jacob is in threads. actually, i heard pete was going to be in it, but he wasn't. what a shame <insert sarcastic grin here>

This is from gateworld:

"I'm pitching kind of a three-episode arc for next year where Teal'c will undergo further changes. Again, it's a chance to see Carmen [Argenziano, Jacob Carter] and Tony [Amendola, Bra'tac], and it's like when the family all gets together, you know?" The story may well see the return of actress Jolene Blalock as the Jaffa warrior Ishta ("Birthright"). "We talked about it, and she said, any time. So, I'm going to hold her to it! It's part of the three-part arc. I haven't fully pitched it, so I can't really go into too many details, but it would probably be for multiple episodes that she'd be back. So we'll see. I really think it's going to be hard, because I think her feature career is probably going to really take off, so it might be difficult to get her for any length of time." (Actor Christopher Judge, in an interview with the Stargate SG-1 Explorer Unit official fan club)

Do you think there is going to be a follow up of Sacrifices?

Comment

Well, CJ may have pitched it as a three story arc, but obviously in the end it didn't pan out that way. Instead, Sacrifices became a single stand alone episode. Happens all the time. Plans change throughout production and the final episode that hits the screen isn't always necessarily what was pitched months previously.

As someone else said (I was trying to avoid spoilers in my previous post but since it's already been mentioned... <G>) Jacob is in the upcoming episode Threads and it may be that elements of CJ's pitch for that three story arc have been shifted into various episodes, Threads perhaps being one of them.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

To those of you who pointed out that the DHD could and probably would have survived, I concede the issue. I really had not thought it through and now agree that its survival was not in any real jeapordy. It just seemed like, at that moment, all I could see was Jaffa, Goa'uld and DHD going bye-bye.

Comment

Does anyone else agree with Alli Snow's review of 'Sacrifices' when she mentioned the tendency for Sam to seem more like Amanda Tapping in this ep? I know I do.

I noticed this especially in the scene where Sam and Daniel get huge grins on their faces after hearing about the wedding. There was a whole lot of Amanda shining through. It just didn't seem like Sam standing there. All I saw was MS and AT having some fun on set.

Sam has never smiled like that before, even when she was expressing similar emotions. It looked more like Amanda's bubbly personality. Of course this could be explained by saying the character is growing and changing. However, having seen Amanda in person, I think there was more of her personality coming through in this scene than Sam's.

At first I thought maybe I was just reading too much into it, but now that someone else has stated the same thing, maybe I'm not alone. Even so, the whole thing still made me laugh and it was nice to see some Sam/Daniel friendship.

Comment

Loved the ep. What is Tailgate Tuesday ? Jack mentioned it to bra'tac??

Comment

Good Episode. Was it just me or did Istha seems very panicy and overwrought throughout the episode? Liked Moloc's death. Glad they remembered about the Missles.
                        Also Ryac seemed very shiny as though his bottom lips was wet or something...
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                          Good Episode. Was it just me or did Istha seems very panicy and overwrought throughout the episode?
                          She was very... intense.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Also it was strange seeing Bra'tac without is little metal Helmet thingie. Am I right in thinking this is the first time we've seen Bra'tac as Bra'tac without his helmet? (I know we saw him like it in "Changeling" but that was Bray not Bra'ac)
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                              Liked Moloc's death. Glad they remembered about the Missles.
                              I absolutely love that. Seeing the laser on him...you just knew he was in deep doo doo.

Another point I want to pick up on is that there was a lot of over-acting in this ep. Just made it so...what's the word...fake in some instances.

Anyhow, these are just merely filler episodes for the goodness that is coming in the second half of this season. Second half looks very promising, very very promising...hope I haven't cursed it!

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                              One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                              One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                              Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                              Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                              Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Well this ep was mad - but it worked!

1. If Kar'in/Corrine/Ry'ac's girl was the hot female I saw photos of a few days ago on the forum, well she was cute in this ep but her brattiness knocked her down a point or two. Having said that, Ry'ac wasn't much better in this ep.

2. Horses in the SGC! Two words and the first isn't PG!

3. Pretty good character interplay generally, liked Jack cutting Bra'tac down to size after his brown-nosing.

4. You had to have a laugh when Moloc realised that he could brush the red dot away.

5. And no I don't want to know what that rite Teal'c and Ry'ac were talking about at the end was. THat last scene was pretty cool though!
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X