Sacrifices (809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the laser was another thing

ok, don't know how it works, but wouldn't the laser have to be attached to something, sending telemetry, to have the missiles target it?????

or are those missiles good enough that they can track on an itty bitty red light????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Strong episode. Finally they decided to go *off earth*. Although...

Agghh! Enterprise! Unclean! Keep Jolene Blaylock away from Stargate, the writers might catch whatever makes Enterprise suck so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        the laser was another thing

ok, don't know how it works, but wouldn't the laser have to be attached to something, sending telemetry, to have the missiles target it?????

or are those missiles good enough that they can track on an itty bitty red light????
        The laser used to paint the target is a high intensity laser beam, tuned to a specific frequency. The missile has a set of sensors onboard that only sense that frequency, as it bounces off of the object. Once it senses that frequency, it hones in on it, and steers the missile towards where that reflection is. It might be more technical than that, but that's the jist of it
        O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
        Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

That's a good point, I never noticed that dialing thing...in some episodes, they can see when somebody is trying to dial in and have a chance to beat them to the punch. In other episodes, they get interrupted mid dial and immediately have to go hide somewhere.

Comment

I have now determined who the luckiest person in the universe is: Ry'ac.

Where do I have to sign up to spend time in a mostly female jaffa camp?
            Games 'n Stuff

Comment

I enjoyed this ep. I'm not a big fan of Jaffa stories, but this one had enough tidbits to make me want to view it again. Once again, my fave parts consist of character moments.

The Jack-Teal'c scene, when they were playing ping-pong, was great! RDA's comic timing is wonderful. He didn't play ping-pong with Teal'c, he was a target.

The Sam-Daniel scene, when they were both inwardly moaning at what they'd gotten themselves into with a Jaffa wedding take place on base; it was cute! Super fake smiles, and both being afraid to tell Jack.

Jack-Daniel scene, when Daniel was explaining everything under the sun, when all Jack wanted was how he was doing. I also got a kick out of this scene, because I'd read someone's Con report, and MS talked about screwing up this one scene over and over. They wanted it in one continuous take, and poor MS kept messing up. (((MS)))

The Sam/Jack scene... k, I'm a shipper, let me take a moment to SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! *takes deep breath* K, nuff said.

I'm not a fan of Jolene Blalock, so I have prob getting into her character. But, I like the idea of a female warrior (can you image Lucy Lawless playing Ishta?), so I can over-look some of the things I'm not crazy about with Jolene.

Moloc reminded me to Joseph Fiennes, brother of Ralph. Just something about him reminded me. I would have liked to have seen more of him, just because I miss the Goauld.

Rya'c looked younger with his hair cut the way it was.

Bratac - it was so fun to see comedy from him!

I'm glad Rya'c's bride-to-be got ticked at the kneeling in front of the groom bit. *woman power!*

Just why did Ishta let herself get captured again?

Chris's brother -Jeff- was in the ep, and he played a Jaffa called Aron. Anyone know which one that was?

Over-all, I enjoyed this ep. Not one of my faves, but I'll definitely be playing this again.

K, I gotta get this out.. SAM AND JACK SHIP!

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

IMO this was the best episode of the season. They have been rarely going off world, thats something that has been bothering me.

I really like Ishta, she's a good match for Teal'c. I like the part about changing the old customs of the wedding as well (the kneeling was resolved at the end when Rya'c and Teal'c were joking about some customs needing to be done away with).

Anybody who doesnt see Jack and Sam end up together at the end of the series just isnt paying attention. Their on screen chemistry is just amazing.

Comment

Well I for one just sat back and really enjoyed this episode First I have been enjoying the HECK out of CJ this season and it has been a pleasure to see him shine.

I am a Jolene Blalock fan so I enjoyed her as well and it was nice to see Teal'c and Ishta together again

I really enjoyed all of the comic moments, I thought they fell into place at the right time and in the right places I never felt that any were out of place or off and I really enjoyed laughing and when they got down to the business of kicking butt offworld I was so very happy that they were OFF WORLD!!!!!! YAY I knew they had a Star Gate some where in there

I won't say this was the episode that has blown me away but I just really was entertained the entire time I sat there.....and THAT is what I watch SG for so I am a happy fan and being a shipper well had a happy moment there too

Oh I know someone posted about Teal'c kissing Ishta in the Gateroom...he did that in a BIG way in Birthright so I was surprised that they toned it down for this......Hubs was like all bummed that Teal'c didn't get to lay another BIG one on her (he lived vicariously I think)
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

hi there,
                    does anyone know if theres a 30mb mirror of this anywheres atm?? ta v much

Comment

Here's what I posted on the shipper thread, so if this looks familiar, well... You know why.

First, I'll say that the whole ep was just great. I think CJ has a real talent, and I'm glad they are using it. The beginning with Daniel and Jack wasn't new to this season, because I think they've done the whole "long-take down the hall" technique enough times during the series, but it was enough to throw Daniel/Jack friendship fans a bone, while also appealing to my desire to see them in scenes together.

Then there was Jack/Teal'c. Hilarious scene! Just great. The physical comedy apparently is what they were going for, and RDA totally nailed it. It was another great friendship scene. And, apparently, Teal'c is really good at ping pong. Jack getting his last shot in was quite funny.

The scene with Sam/Daniel and Ry'ac and his fiancee was great, too. I thought it was just funny how the two of them got this look on their faces like, "Oh, crap... Jack's gonna hurt someone." It was a good scene, and showed that very endearing sisterly-brotherly relationship they've always had. I'm glad they did that again, because it's been lacking in past seasons.

Finally, there's the Sam/Jack combo, where the two of them apparently couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Haha! Just kidding. It was a great scene, because it was "physical" enough for us shippers, and also "friendly" enough for those who don't want ship. AND it finally showed how comfortable those two can be together. In the past - in the interest of showing overt ship - they always made it really awkward between the two of them. The fact that these two are friends first is a great way of approaching the ship, IMO, and they played it off very well. The whole hall scene had a humor that rivals the Daniel/Jack humor scenes, which is refreshing, and all of the kids/horses/general chaos made me smile.

I don't want to put the other writers of the show down, because they're great, but I have to say that I'm not surprised that CJ managed to put some great team-scenes in there, while still not having all four of them in the same room together.

Also, TPTB has done a phenomenal job of making it seem that Jack is always there. I almost forgot about RDA's reduced schedule, they did so well.

Definitely a 9.9 out of 10.

ADDENDUM:
                      I'll admit that I was a little disappointed with the way the actor who plays Ry'ac acted, only because he did a really good job when he was a little kid, which is weird... You'd think you'd get better as you get older, eh? At any rate, his fiancee was a little... awkward, but nonetheless tolerable.

Enterprise isn't exactly my "thang," but I don't have a problem with Miss T'Pol, and I thought that the scene between Teal'c and Ishta was rather well-done. Too me, the one-on-one scenes that were done (and Lord knows there were a bunch!) were done well. I mean, forced comedy is one thing, but fluid and easily maintained comfortability among the actors/characters is another, and they never cease to pull that off, IMO, whether the plot or story is faulty, or not. Does that make sense?

Plus, Bra'tac was pretty good, too. Now, all we need is General Hammond and Jacob Carter, and we've got the Stargate Forefathers... or Elders... or something. I really miss those guys. Come to think of it, I really miss Janet. But that's another thread-topic entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                        . Oh, and Ry'ac reminded me a tad of Anakin Skywalker in Attack of the Clones (not a good thing. I HATED that guy, and I like Star Wars.)
                        OMG! ME TOO! OMG I was watching that scene where Teal'c & R'yac were talking at the end! And I was just like "Hayden Christensen...he SOUNDS AND ACTS LIKE HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN!"

*breaths*

But I've never been a massive R'yac fan!! Lol!

I REALLY LIKED THIS EP! It was good! I love Chris Judge's episodes, his episodes are the only Jaffa-centred ones I really like. I usually find Jaffa eps boring...*snores*

Although I always love a good, going off-world fighting the Goa'uld episode!!

Loved the horse walking through the hallway *laughs hysterically* That was so funny!! And I loved the team interaction in this ep!

I didn't notice that "Zat" thing
                        But thinking back - it is a bit strange isnt it?

Lol...i'll put it down to rebel jaffa picking it up off the tauri and the normal jaffa picking it up off the rebel jaffa...or something along those lines!

I mean we been calling em zat's for years
                        It must've just caught on

Comment

Well, I came to this one not expecting much - Jaffa episodes aren't really my thing and only a couple of exceptions over the years have interested me. Nor did I find Birthright or Ishta particularly interesting last time around. So I wasn't expecting to be entertained at all.

How wrong can one fan be?

I loved every moment of this. It had the perfect mix of action, comedy and interesting characters. We had a little bit of everything - the gate in action, some offworld adventure, genuine thrills, terrific character relationship and oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, CJ for giving us back the real O'Neill. After the somewhat subdued General of previous weeks this was our beloved leader back in sparkling form. In fact, everyone seemed to be in sparkling form and enjoying themselves thoroughly.

I even found Ishta a much more interesting and sympathetic character this time around and I actually cared what happened to her. The more obvious 'feminist' cliches of Birthright were toned down this time around, so the female Jaffas didn't irritate me quite as much either.

Loved too many moments to list them all - especially after just one viewing on a 30mb dl <g> - but just a couple that stand out. Loved the horses coming through the Gate. Loved Daniel and Sam reacting to the news that the wedding was going to be held at the SGC. Loved the teaser - right there and then I knew I was in for a treat. "What was my question again?" "It seemed so innocuous at the time." LOL! Bra'tac was hilarious. The way that Teal'c moped through the gateroom talking about being betrayed had me ROTFLing. Talk about your drama queen. <g> And the ping pong - ROTFL! And just had to laugh at Moloc trying to disdainfully dust off the laser sight. It was also terrific to see Jack and Bra'tac bouncing comedy off one another. "O'Neill...of Minnesota." And this little exchange was just a lovely character moment between Jack and Teal'c:

"T...?"
                          "My head is down, O'Neill."

Unusually too, this time around CJ spread the wealth around and gave a lot of time, excellent dialogue and screen moments to most of the characters, rather than concentrating almost solely on Teal'c, as in his previous writing projects. And that made a huge difference to this fan when it came to enjoying the episode. Not that I didn't enjoy Teal'c on screen - on the contrary. I was enthralled with the story thread involving him and Ishta and certainly wasn't bored by the elements offworld either. But it was just nice to see some focus on everyone else too.

Yup, definitely one of my favourites of the season so far (and I've loved the season so far) and one that I'll revisit often.

You came up trumps this time, CJ!

Chris's brother -Jeff- was in the ep, and he played a Jaffa called Aron. Anyone know which one that was
                          Wasn't Aron the Jaffa who was with Teal'c and Ishta after the attack? The one Teal'c zatted because he didn't trust and who rescued him?

Albion
                          Last edited by Albion; 11 September 2004, 03:01 AM.
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
                            Anybody who doesnt see Jack and Sam end up together at the end of the series just isnt paying attention. Their on screen chemistry is just amazing.

Did someone say something? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I didn't think much to this episode. I didn't know anything about this episode before hand. It had a very tired feel to it. I wasn't particularly interested in Teal'c spawn. I don't think we got a reason why Teal'c decided to attend the wedding. Blalock didn't impress me much with her 'acting' talent. Jack seemed didn't seem like a General - the scene when Jack appeared to be forced into giving Ishtar and her band of mercenary handmaidens refuge. The main idea was ok but the execution left a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
                                Apparently not, anybody can see Sam and Jack will end up together. It is their destiny.

Comment

Working...
                                X