No announcement yet.

Sacrifices (809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just caught this one on tv. Much better than the episodes I'm currently at. I'm convinced to keep watching. Not just for the characters now.
    sigpic
    Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

I laughed so hard when the ping pong balls beat up Jack. Rya'c is so polite and mature. Kar'yn is so happy and pleasant. I do not like Ishta's attitude. Applause to Teal'c for standing up to her. I like Joleen Blalock though. She is a terrific actress. Ishta's love of control and domination of everyone and everything is why I dislike her. She's all wrong for Teal'c in my opinion.
      "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
      "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Cool ep, and I really liked seeing Ishta back again. Rya'c and Ka'ryn I could take or leave, however.
        sigpic

Comment

I laugh at Jack away to horse. Jack hold on Sam's shoulder. I love it!!!! ^_^ Jack is very good. I remember is Rya'c married to Ka'ryan. But... Rya'c future for New Stargate Legend! YAY!!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

This one of the better episode of the first half of Season 8.

Teal'c looked so badass shooting at those Jaffa with those 2-staffs tied together.

Rya'c has really grown up since we last saw him at the beginning of Season 6 (I think). More so since we first met him back in Season 1. And he's been played by the same actor for all his appearances, which is amazing.

Tomorrow, the only non 2-part mid-season finale during the SciFi-era of SG-1.
            sigpic

Comment

I was expecting to watch an episode in wide screen yawnarama if my memory of this served me right.

It's one of the episodes I usually skip over.

Again I was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed watching it. There was more action and storyline in it than I remembered. I'm not a great fan of Ishta and her gang but here she fitted in nicely as an example of how differences amongst the Jaffa in how they were going to fight the Goa'uld would cause problems in their efforts to unite in their common goal.

It also has another memorable Stargate moment of Jack watching a horse wandering along a corridor in the SGC! Not forgetting Jack being annihilated by a distracted Teal'c at table tennis!

Comment

I was surprised they used the Gate Room for the wedding. What if a team needed to come back? Surely they have a better place!
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                  I was surprised they used the Gate Room for the wedding. What if a team needed to come back? Surely they have a better place!
                  They could have even gone outside up on the surface, there was some nice forest up there that time Daniel took the Tollan leader up there! Perhaps standing by the Stargate gave them a familiar sight and reminder of home. The wedding planner probably had a list of scheduled gate use to work round, and off world teams were told to go to the Alpha site in case of emergency!

Comment

Excellent answer!
                    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

My Livejournal post

Love this ep.
                      I just found out that Rya'c was born in the same year as me.
                      Which makes him 19 in this ep, so yeah, too young.
                      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Not a bad ep. Teal'c duel wielding staff weapons was pretty cool. Wouldn't have expected to see Ishta and the gang again so soon.

One thing that annoyed me was how during the ambush the Jaffa stood there for so damn long while they were getting shot at. Gah Teal'c told you to get down like 5 mins ago.

One thing I noticed in this ep is the colour of Goa'uld eye flash. Being gold. Didn't it start out as white?
                        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone notice Jack was wearing sandals while playing ping pong with Teal'c? I know Jack is "The Man" and all but how would he get away with that on base?

And Tailgate Tuesdays? LOL

Comment

I really want to know what the Rite of Ornoc is.

I don't mind this one to much. I hate S8 because of its lack of being offworld. And while the writers seem reluctant to show SG1 without Jack at least I got to see some offworld action in this episode. I find myself interested in the Teal'c and Ishta stuff and not caring that much about Ry'ac's wedding. It was mostly just another plot device to fuel the tension between the two. Ultimately Teal'c is right about looking at the bigger picture but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The action through the planet was wondeful to see especially when the Moloc Jaffa aimed the missle at Moloc
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. As I said back in '04, this one was mad.

2. I did like Jack passing the ball to Bra'tac here.

3. Also forgot about Teal'c's distrust of Aron!

4. And that ping pong ball must have hurt!

Still fun!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Didn't like the wedding but thought it was ok over all. Probably one that I would skip the next time through even though I am a Tealc fan. I did like the double staff weapon bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X