Sacrifices (809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muffo
    Since I am fond of saying when I don't like something, it is only fair that I chime in when I do like an episode.
    <snip for space>

One thing no one has mentioned is the survival of that DHD when the missiles exploded on Moloc. How could the DHD have made it when the two missiles landed practically on top of it since they were "painted" on Moloc and he was standing right next to it? I understand how the gate would be ok because it is tough and has withstood worse, but DHDs seem more fragile and I would think it would be a small black, burning lump of materials when those missiles went off. How then do they get back through the gate? Just asking.

Thanks for listening--er-reading.
    yeah, I wondered about that too. I have no idea how powerful those missiles were supposed to be, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and figure that Moloc was just shy of the DHD (not standing right next to it), and the DHD is strong enough to withstand SOME attack. I guess you could consider a manual dial if needbe......

Comment

It's possible that when they had their symbiots, Bra'tac and Teal'c could not have alcohol. Now that they no longer have symbiots, they can.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
        yeah, I wondered about that too. I have no idea how powerful those missiles were supposed to be, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and figure that Moloc was just shy of the DHD (not standing right next to it), and the DHD is strong enough to withstand SOME attack. I guess you could consider a manual dial if needbe......
        Plus the DHD actually survived the meteor strike in A Hundred Days, it was just badly damaged (You see Jack using it in Shades of Grey)

Comment

two things stood out for me in this episode:

Teal'c run into the base with the two jaffa sticks (cant remember what they are called) stacked on each other.

and how much Aron looked like The Cat from Red Dwarf especially with the hair

Comment

Isn't AT a Canadian resident? I thought she's been there for a while.

Comment

I, as did someone else, find it strange that Ishta would have allowed herself to be captured.
              I've only seen that part once, so I'd have to look again, but my impression first time around was that she'd gotten herself captured deliberately. Though what her reason for that was escaped me at the time. To prevent the other prisoners being tortured maybe? She was concerned about that and rescuing them and clearly angry that Teal'c wouldn't mount a rescue attempt. Perhaps she thought that if Moloc had her he'd concentrate his efforts on her - which it appears he did - and leave the others alone. Kind of a dodgy theory mind you. Kind of reckless too. But then she's not exactly the most cool-headed of leaders. <g> Course first impressions are often wrong and further viewings might just completely negate all of the above. <g>

I'm pretty sure I've seen AT listed as Canadian in interviews, etc.

The Cat??!? Until now I hadn't noticed the connection but ROTFL!

Like others, I doubt the DVD would be destroyed. Remember it's apparently made of the same material as the 'Meaning of Life Stuff' pedestal and it took a direct hit with a staff weapon and wasn't even scratched. It wouldn't make sense anyway to build a Stargate that could withstand so much explosive power as we've seen over the years and make the DVD of something more flimsy that wouldn't stand up likewise. So I'd assume it was made to last too.
              Otherwise, I'd suspect, over the years, there were a lot of stranded Ancients around.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by pettygrew
                It's possible that when they had their symbiots, Bra'tac and Teal'c could not have alcohol. Now that they no longer have symbiots, they can.
                Maybe it's just Teal'c who does not drink alcohol.

I really liked this ep. I enjoy explorations of personal issues and motivations as they provide character development. And Jack/RDA is wonderful whenever he is on screen. THAT's the show. He is so perfect as a reluctant General. I hope he is enjoying exploring that side of the character as much as I am. Good use of his screen time. And the horses were hysterical...O'Neill of Minnesota?! LMAO!
                What's that smell...the horses? I think it was a double play by O'Neill to the BS Bratac was shoveling at him.
                Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

The one thing that intrigued me about this episode was the alien writing in the message they got. It was obviously supposed to be cuneiform, but the letters are shaped like the Ancient alphabet, which are three colums x 4 rows. I wonder if that message actually said anything. Does anybody have a screen shot?
                  Tripudire est irritus
                  Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
                  We are the Mooninites

Comment

I know this has probably been said before but I hate reading five pages of post when it is just my opinion.

I loved the horse being brought in to SGC but Iskanka's(sp) people. Please let there be a dog roaming around the command center, sort like a base mascot.

Comment

I loved this episode!

CJ did a great job writing, by far my favorite of his three...PTB, PLEASE keep letting him write for you!

and I LOVED the Sam/Jack scene in the hall...see PTB? thats all it takes to make a happy shipper...just a scene, not an entire episode.

loved the horses in the halls...too funny

and of course painting the target right on Moloc! I almost fell out of my chair! (then went oh of course...but what do I know about painting targets?)

omg, Ry'ac had hair too! a little shorter might make him look a little older...

very cool to see a Jaffa wedding, although I wanted to really hear/see the resolution to the kneeling issue (which me and my friends discussed every time there was a commercial...I so agreed with Karin). Thank God it wasn't some Earth/human wedding...that wouldn't have been good, but this was

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi
                      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Azrial
                        two things stood out for me in this episode:

Teal'c run into the base with the two jaffa sticks (cant remember what they are called) stacked on each other.

and how much Aron looked like The Cat from Red Dwarf especially with the hair
                        LMAO, that occurred to me to! I actually took a second look to make sure it wasn't. How cool a guest star would THAT be??

Originally posted by pettygrew
                        Plus the DHD actually survived the meteor strike in A Hundred Days, it was just badly damaged (You see Jack using it in Shades of Grey)
                        ah, yes. I remember that. So, there we go, the DHD is strong enough to survive close impact of 2 missiles.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                          My guess is that the production schedule is such that they're not really sure of the airing order of some of these first-half of the season episodes so they can't mention Sam's engagement unless they're absolutely sure the episode will be airing after Affinity. We've already heard that Covenant was originally scheduled to air before Affinity.
                          That's possible, but I really wish they could be a little better at figuring out their own schedule. I'm getting tired of hearing production issues excuses for so many things. I know they have issues to work around, but you'd think they'd be getting used to it by now.
                          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Anyone know what happened to Jacob in this episode? Wasn't he supposed to be in it?

Comment

Ok, I finally got to watch the whole episode and here is my review....

I actually liked this episode a lot, I don't think its the best one ofthe season but it was defiantely good.
                              I LOVED all the team interaction, Jack/Teal'c, Daniel/Sam and Sam/Jack.
                              There was a lot of Jack in this one IMO but thinking about it Jack has been in the other eps quite a lot too. I think TPTB have done a great Job with RDA's reduced schedule this season it feels like he's back to normal again

And we had a briefing!!!, I was short but it was good. I miss how SG-1 used to sit round the briefing table and chat about what was going on and it didn't feel like we had seen that for quite a while.

The ping pong at the start was really fun especially Jacks little shot at the end
                              The scene between Sam and Daniel in the gate room was fun but it didn't seem right to me....too touchy for Sam/Daniel

Bratac was fun in this too, I like Bratacs sense of humour

I'm glad Rya'cs Wife didn't want to kneel in front of him! all I have to say is You Go Girl!

The big argument was fun Daniel looked so lost in the middle of it all

and I also loved the Sam/Jack scene in the corridor, they seemed so comfortable together like they were in the earlier seasons, they've been quite tense around each other lately. I'm glad that Pete has come between their friendship, I know i'm all for lots of ship but while Sam is with Pete I wouldn't want her to do anything serious with Jack she's not that kind of person.
                              I'm happy seeing them so comfortable with each other and just being friends it nice and I hope we get more of that in other episodes

OK, review over,
                              I give this episode 8/10

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Anyone know what happened to Jacob in this episode? Wasn't he supposed to be in it?
                                Nope, not this episode, that I know of. Certainly, I never read any spoilers which said he was.

Albion
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X