Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sacrifices (809)

Quote Originally Posted by pettygrew
    They can sting.

Think of it this way: Jack was trying to get Teal'c to release some of his anger, and rather than sparring, where he could really get hurt, he decided to have him play ping pong.

pettygrew
    And we all know that Jack only whines about little things. If his legs is hanging on by a thread, he says he is fine; if he has a hangnail, he moans and groans.

Chief Master Sergeant Sam & Jack Shipper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Pig
    Oh, and: The Goa'uld eye glowing is back! For real this time! Yay!
    Another thing I thought was a nice touch was that this time, the "obvious jaffa traitor" actually didn't turn out to be a bad guy! Didn't see that one coming!
    I was surprised at that one too. I really thought he was a traitor.

OOOOOOH I really liked this episode!! Very funny, very good I loved the Friendly interaction between Sam and Jack, touchy feeliness!!! Yeah!!

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
    * Is it just me or is AT picking up on the Canadian accent? Listen to her saying "out" -- oh, yeah -- it's there
    actually, it's there more often than that. in Memento you can hear it, especially in her 'hello'....even back in singularity.

she doesn't have much of one, but it really shows on the 'o' 's

I didnīt like this episode. The basic idea was a fairly good one and it certainly beats all the earth heavy stuff we have been getting lately.

The problem with it was that I thought the writing was horrible, the dialog was poorly writen and the acting not up to standard.

Itīs only saving grace would have been the missiles ramming into the jaffa and the goaīuld but of course they didnīt show that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver
    actually, it's there more often than that. in Memento you can hear it, especially in her 'hello'....even back in singularity.

she doesn't have much of one, but it really shows on the 'o' 's

I noticed it a lot in Lockdown, during the scene where they talked about Teal'c's apartment. Didn't hear it so much here.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Captain

Re the letting everyone wander loose around the SGC. There is a difference between Ishta's people and the Tollans someone cited earlier, however.

The Tollans were an unknown, they had already shown themselves to be ungrateful, hostile, unfriendly and were technologically vastly superior to us. Of course they were confined and guarded.

In contrast, by this time, Ishta and her people are allies. A much better comparision would be with the Tok'ra than the Tollans. Her camp is relatively small, so it's not unlikely that by this point the SGC know most everyone well.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

So far this is one of my favorite episodes of season 8. It had some nice action, it was funny and I really liked the interaction between the SG1 team members. They were funny and comfortable with each other, which was nice to see. It was great to see all the development between the Jaffa women, the SGC. I did appreciate the Carter and O'Neill moment, it was pretty nice. Chris Judge should definitely write for Stargate more often.
    Last edited by Jamaica03; September 13th, 2004 at 07:09 PM.

Probie

Since I am fond of saying when I don't like something, it is only fair that I chime in when I do like an episode.

I would not rate this episode as highly as some of you have, but I did find it better than others this season. The humor was enjoyable---the walk-and-talk with Daniel and Jack, the chaos with the women, children and horse, the Daniel and Sam scene with Ryac and Karin(sp?), the walk-and-talk with Jack and Sam, the ping pong/target practice, the "old coot" line to Bratac--Bratac in general, the horse in the hall, all the scenes with Jack. This episode had a good "feel".

The story moved well and was not as disjointed as some of the other stories this season. I'm not a big fan of the Jaffa world, but it is always nice to see that Teal'c has a life that he is committed to. I've noticed from some of the earlier episodes that Teal'c has the most complete character of the four. He has the religious mysticism. He is the product of a highly structured society that he respects, but also questions. He's strong, yet he can weep and hug without embarassment at the proper time. He is quiet and stoic, but he is a presence nonetheless. When he speaks, it is because he has something to say. He does have flaws, just as the rest do. Not bad for a guy you'd certainly like to have guarding your back in good fight.

The strong story is the Ishta fanaticism. It is good counterpoint to Teal'c's earlier short approaches to the destruction of the Goa'ld. He shows he has learned a lot. I, as did someone else, find it strange that Ishta would have allowed herself to be captured. The ending showed that maybe Ishta has learned something also.

The substitution of the tritonin(sp?) for the primta is disquieting. We have gotten these people hooked on drugs like the Goa'ld got the bounty hunter's people hooked on that drug. Is this a good thing? Inquiring minds want to know.

One thing no one has mentioned is the survival of that DHD when the missiles exploded on Moloc. How could the DHD have made it when the two missiles landed practically on top of it since they were "painted" on Moloc and he was standing right next to it? I understand how the gate would be ok because it is tough and has withstood worse, but DHDs seem more fragile and I would think it would be a small black, burning lump of materials when those missiles went off. How then do they get back through the gate? Just asking.

Thanks for listening--er-reading.

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muffo
    One thing no one has mentioned is the survival of that DHD when the missiles exploded on Moloc. How could the DHD have made it when the two missiles landed practically on top of it since they were "painted" on Moloc and he was standing right next to it? I understand how the gate would be ok because it is tough and has withstood worse, but DHDs seem more fragile and I would think it would be a small black, burning lump of materials when those missiles went off. How then do they get back through the gate? Just asking.
    In most cases where we've seen the gate survive something significantly bad, the DHD has as well. I don't think it's all that fragile (they seem to survive being barried under rock, ocean, ice, explosions...

Quote Originally Posted by muffo
    Since I am fond of saying when I don't like something, it is only fair that I chime in when I do like an episode.
    <snip for space>

Thanks for listening--er-reading.
    yeah, I wondered about that too. I have no idea how powerful those missiles were supposed to be, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and figure that Moloc was just shy of the DHD (not standing right next to it), and the DHD is strong enough to withstand SOME attack. I guess you could consider a manual dial if needbe......

pettygrew

It's possible that when they had their symbiots, Bra'tac and Teal'c could not have alcohol. Now that they no longer have symbiots, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigater
    yeah, I wondered about that too. I have no idea how powerful those missiles were supposed to be, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and figure that Moloc was just shy of the DHD (not standing right next to it), and the DHD is strong enough to withstand SOME attack. I guess you could consider a manual dial if needbe......
    Plus the DHD actually survived the meteor strike in A Hundred Days, it was just badly damaged (You see Jack using it in Shades of Grey)

two things stood out for me in this episode:

Teal'c run into the base with the two jaffa sticks (cant remember what they are called) stacked on each other.

and how much Aron looked like The Cat from Red Dwarf especially with the hair

Cool Re: Sacrifices (809)

Isn't AT a Canadian resident? I thought she's been there for a while.

Captain

I, as did someone else, find it strange that Ishta would have allowed herself to be captured.
    I've only seen that part once, so I'd have to look again, but my impression first time around was that she'd gotten herself captured deliberately. Though what her reason for that was escaped me at the time. To prevent the other prisoners being tortured maybe? She was concerned about that and rescuing them and clearly angry that Teal'c wouldn't mount a rescue attempt. Perhaps she thought that if Moloc had her he'd concentrate his efforts on her - which it appears he did - and leave the others alone. Kind of a dodgy theory mind you. Kind of reckless too. But then she's not exactly the most cool-headed of leaders. <g> Course first impressions are often wrong and further viewings might just completely negate all of the above. <g>

I'm pretty sure I've seen AT listed as Canadian in interviews, etc.

The Cat??!? Until now I hadn't noticed the connection but ROTFL!

Like others, I doubt the DVD would be destroyed. Remember it's apparently made of the same material as the 'Meaning of Life Stuff' pedestal and it took a direct hit with a staff weapon and wasn't even scratched. It wouldn't make sense anyway to build a Stargate that could withstand so much explosive power as we've seen over the years and make the DVD of something more flimsy that wouldn't stand up likewise. So I'd assume it was made to last too.
    Otherwise, I'd suspect, over the years, there were a lot of stranded Ancients around.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by pettygrew
    It's possible that when they had their symbiots, Bra'tac and Teal'c could not have alcohol. Now that they no longer have symbiots, they can.
    Maybe it's just Teal'c who does not drink alcohol.

I really liked this ep. I enjoy explorations of personal issues and motivations as they provide character development. And Jack/RDA is wonderful whenever he is on screen. THAT's the show. He is so perfect as a reluctant General. I hope he is enjoying exploring that side of the character as much as I am. Good use of his screen time. And the horses were hysterical...O'Neill of Minnesota?! LMAO!
    What's that smell...the horses? I think it was a double play by O'Neill to the BS Bratac was shoveling at him.
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Chief Master Sergeant WurdBendur's Avatar
    A little backwater planet in the Orion arm of an utterly uninteresting galaxy

The one thing that intrigued me about this episode was the alien writing in the message they got. It was obviously supposed to be cuneiform, but the letters are shaped like the Ancient alphabet, which are three colums x 4 rows. I wonder if that message actually said anything. Does anybody have a screen shot?
    Tripudire est irritus
    Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
    We are the Mooninites

I know this has probably been said before but I hate reading five pages of post when it is just my opinion.

I loved the horse being brought in to SGC but Iskanka's(sp) people. Please let there be a dog roaming around the command center, sort like a base mascot.

Earth Symbol Re: Sacrifices (809)

I loved this episode!

CJ did a great job writing, by far my favorite of his three...PTB, PLEASE keep letting him write for you!

and I LOVED the Sam/Jack scene in the hall...see PTB? thats all it takes to make a happy shipper...just a scene, not an entire episode.

loved the horses in the halls...too funny

and of course painting the target right on Moloc! I almost fell out of my chair! (then went oh of course...but what do I know about painting targets?)

omg, Ry'ac had hair too! a little shorter might make him look a little older...

very cool to see a Jaffa wedding, although I wanted to really hear/see the resolution to the kneeling issue (which me and my friends discussed every time there was a commercial...I so agreed with Karin). Thank God it wasn't some Earth/human wedding...that wouldn't have been good, but this was
    http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/...k-Sam-love.jpg

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast