Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borg status?

Sorry if this has been done before, but I couldnt find it via search so:

Are the Borg still around or are they COMPLETLY destroyed after the events of Voyager: End Game?

We see Unimatix 1 blow up and were lead to believe other ships went boom, yet the Sphere that took Voyager in was still ok...so have the borg simply been weakend or gone completly?

Or has it not been said? Sorry if it hasnt!

Blitz xxx
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

I'm not entirerly sure, but I think the Hub that was destroyed in Voy: End Game was only 1 of 7...

Even with the Virus, I think it was only designed to shut off The Borg 'Nervous System,' stopping communication & thereby destoying things (as you do when you abandon a Nuclear Powersation left on Active). The Borg probably had time to block the virus from getting too far (Hey, most computers have layers of Firewalls now, why shouldn't the Borg?)... Plus, They probably managed to Asimilate it, hence why the Sphere was still working...

Nortan Antivirus: 3><7r3/\/\3 was assimilated in 2314, enabling the Borg to have a sufficient resistance in 2378 (Stardate: 54973.4) , When they were infected in Endgame....

Comment

See, I got the impression that the virus would transmit throughout ALL of the borg, because their all connected, so one borg hit means all borg hit: not jsut one of seven groups.

Plus the virus spread very quickly and id of thought of ALL borg, the Queen would of been able to stop it before anyone...
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Yeah, There is that too... TPTB did a very crafty thing ending it like that. They gave us the Build-up to The victory over the Borg, they gave the victory of The Transwarp Hub (1 of 7), They gave us victory over the Borg Queen (Although, she has died before, in Star Trek: First Contact), but they didn't show the entire victory over the Borg. Just (a quite large) hint that they were destroyed... but not a 100% of certaincy. A 85%~ maybe... They left the gap open for the Borg to return with-out diving into the realms of Time-travel (again- First Contact/ Possibly V'ger), AUs, Lone Survivors (again- ENT) or a Disconected Renegade Group (Lore's Collective).

I think it's mostly up to the Viewers image of the Borg:
        > Are they Mindless, Forces of Nature- Mechancial
        (Thus they'd be destroyed, Any Virus can beat any System)
        > Intelligent, Spontanious People- Humanoid
        (Thus, They'll have the Intiative & Will to Survive a Virus)

I think it all comes down to whether we see the Borg as Organic Machines or Mechanical Humanoids...

Man Conquers Machine?
        Machine Conquers Man?

An Ethical & Moral conclusion to the Borg.

Comment

Since the Queen was infected, many of the Borg were likely affected as well. With the Borg Resistance intact (and independent of the collective), and the damage left by Unimatrix Zero, the Borg have been battered and beaten. Races have already begun adopting ways of countering Assimilation, and with a virus injected directly into the Administrator, many drones were affected. the Borg could have become aware of the virus as it was spreading throughout the collective, and was developing means of patching, but more than likely, the Borg collective suffered in sufficient quantities that the Collective was permanently damaged.

So, the whole implication about Endgame is that the Borg have been broken enough that with the other powers (Klingon, Romulan, Federation, some of the Delta Quadrant empires, Species 8472, and the Borg Resistance), now is the perfect time for them to strike the borg while they are taking their last breaths on their knees. Also, with the damages and the large spreadout of whatever remains of the Borg, they'd most likely be taken to infighting.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I think the Borg have been wiped out as a threat. Without a queen, I don't think that whichever drones left would have been able to rebuild their forces and, as the Resistance would not have been connected to the hive mind when the virus was uploaded, they would be able to finish the job Admiral Janeway started.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i think it safe to say admiral janeway make sure that the Borg got there collective asses kicked. even if there are still out there there can't reach the alpha quadrant. admiral janeway had ( i believe it was 30 years more time to some of with a solution. but it would be cool to revisit that (some how ) in the future

Originally posted by ReganX
              I think the Borg have been wiped out as a threat. Without a queen, I don't think that whichever drones left would have been able to rebuild their forces and, as the Resistance would not have been connected to the hive mind when the virus was uploaded, they would be able to finish the job Admiral Janeway started.
              great post
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Didn't the queen die three times? Once in First Contact, another in Dark Frontier and another in Endgame. If so, I doubt what happened in Endgame would have destroyed the entire collective. Admiral Janeway just temporarily disabled them. The Borg are still out there. She just bought the Federation time to build a defense and possibly even as offense against them.
                Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Star Trek being Sci Fi, there's plenty of potential to bring the Borg back if there will ever be another Star Trek spin off. I'd love to see Hugh's collective again.

Comment

I don't think the borg have been destoryed, they're very resilient i'm sure they could have isolated the virus or disconnected the infected group...they've been dealt a crippling blow their entire transwarp network had been destroyed from the inside out but the borg had thousands of cubes/vessels i can't believe they were all destroyed
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

they wont have destroyed the borg (i hope) too much story potential left if ever they do another series set at a point the federation is capable of say dealing with them or what ever. Also theres only 6 trans warp hubs i believe.

Comment

And all were knocked out by the attack. The chain reaction inside the network caused all the hubs to collapse, thereby disrupting the Borg's capability to reorganize.

The damage to the Borg was catastrophic, and as I've previously said, there are plenty of races capable of fighting back about right now, and many worlds would enjoy the revenge of preying on the damaged collective. If many of those worlds had nuclear capabilities, it would be devastating to the Borg. The virus did what it was intended to do, and that was to heavily cripple the Borg's ability to regenerate, particularly when you have the Individualist movement (the Resistance), Species 8472, the Kazon, the Federation, the Klingon Empire, etc.

The Delta Quadrant has been thoroughly shown to have some powerful races, but nearly as powerful as the Alpha Quadrant. The Alpha Quadrant would be the focus of the Borg's attention as it has the highest population, (probably, given the stabilization of the Federation, the Klingons, and Romulan Empires). Sure they lost a few million during the Dominion War, but not nearly enough to make a difference.

The Borg are about to be feasted on by the survivors of the races they once attacked. With their inability to transfer forces from one area to the next of the galaxy, the Borg would have a tough time staying together. Though they aren't gone, they have suffered enough damage that will eventually destroy them. Besides, the Queen mentions that the sphere has adapted, but no other ships?

The Collective was pretty much in chaos at that point.

Comment

And all were knocked out by the attack. The chain reaction inside the network caused all the hubs to collapse, thereby disrupting the Borg's capability to reorganize.

The damage to the Borg was catastrophic, and as I've previously said, there are plenty of races capable of fighting back about right now, and many worlds would enjoy the revenge of preying on the damaged collective. If many of those worlds had nuclear capabilities, it would be devastating to the Borg. The virus did what it was intended to do, and that was to heavily cripple the Borg's ability to regenerate, particularly when you have the Individualist movement (the Resistance), Species 8472, the Kazon, the Federation, the Klingon Empire, etc.

The Delta Quadrant has been thoroughly shown to have some powerful races, but nearly as powerful as the Alpha Quadrant. The Alpha Quadrant would be the focus of the Borg's attention as it has the highest population, (probably, given the stabilization of the Federation, the Klingons, and Romulan Empires). Sure they lost a few million during the Dominion War, but not nearly enough to make a difference.

The Borg are about to be feasted on by the survivors of the races they once attacked. With their inability to transfer forces from one area to the next of the galaxy, the Borg would have a tough time staying together. Though they aren't gone, they have suffered enough damage that will eventually destroy them. Besides, the Queen mentions that the sphere has adapted, but no other ships?

The Collective was pretty much in chaos at that point.
                          I disagree, sure other races will not doubt try and move in for the kill and their transwarp capacity for now as been neutralised, but they have thousands of ships i doubt they've all been disabled...plus their warp capabilities are as good as any race in the delta quadrant or alpha for that matter a tactical edge would be lost yes but they'd only be on equal terms...if one sphere can adapt to it what are the chances of the other ships also doing it? pretty high and once that knowledge is shared they'll only have the transwarp network to worry about. The borg resistance was probably crushed in the year or so between unimatrix and end game, the alfa quadrant doesn't have the technology nor the man power to wage a galactic war against the borg, the kazon are not even worth assimilating they haven't even invented transporters and they only have about 100 ships, speicies 8472 maybe but then why haven't they done it already??
                          Last edited by Buba uognarf; 08 July 2006, 02:10 PM.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

This we don't know. The Borg Resistance was able to free an entire Sphere. If the Resistance has this capability, then they could probably take over other vessels as well very easily. It seems to me that what the Resistance did was basically take complete control over the ship's collective consciousness and sever the connection to the Collective. The drones do whatever the "resistance" member does.

Again, given that the Borg communicate with one mind, the damage to that mind has probably made inoperative many of their systems. With many of the collective's great minds no longer present, it's possible the collective began collapsing.

Again, with the Borg's inability to organize, they'd probably take into infighting.

Comment

....the queen would have been hunting those ships down...and i'm sure other ships were captured but still seeing as nothing else has been heard since i recon there isn't much left of the resistance...
                              Again, given that the Borg communicate with one mind, the damage to that mind has probably made inoperative many of their systems. With many of the collective's great minds no longer present, it's possible the collective began collapsing.
                              true but the borg have deminstrated an ability to disconnect from the hive mind so it very possible that the virus was quarantined before the whole collective was infected, and as i have said before the borg have demonstrated remarkable resilience in the past i doubt this is the end of the collective give a few years and they'll be back

Comment

Working...
                              X