Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Covenant (808)

Default Re: Covenant (808)

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    A show doesn't last as long as this one did without producing episodes for a variety of tastes. This inevitably means that there are episodes that various fans dislike for various reasons. If they didn't, it would mean they were doing the same thing over and over, not attracting new fans, and not showing growth.

Seaboe
    Of course. I noticed the reaction to Full Alert was largely positive, and I wasn't crazy about that one. If anything, I can re-watch older episodes that I like more. I know the rest of the show will have a variety of stories to tell, so I'm still looking forward to the coming seasons.

I don't expect others to share my opinion, but it's still satisfying to post my thoughts here. Hopefully I don't sound too negative.
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Captain

You didn't notice I pretty much hate this episode? I'm shocked.

For me, a major problem with this episode is specialized knowledge. I know the rules for working for the government, and I know how serious the consequences are for breaking them. Watching this jerk deliberately sabotage his own company and employees because of his blind adherence to "justice" annoys me (to put it mildly).

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

You didn't notice I pretty much hate this episode? I'm shocked.
    Haha, I noticed. I've been getting some of the episodes for this season mixed up as I visit the different threads. The conspiracy/Trust/Earth episodes are really a mishmash for me at this point.

For me, a major problem with this episode is specialized knowledge. I know the rules for working for the government, and I know how serious the consequences are for breaking them. Watching this jerk deliberately sabotage his own company and employees because of his blind adherence to "justice" annoys me (to put it mildly).

Seaboe
    Eh, who cares about all of *those* people. It's justice that we need, and there's only one man brave enough to get it at all costs.
    Last edited by Janet Fraiser; August 6th, 2015 at 09:27 AM.
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Chief Master Sergeant

What was Jack implying with this line?

O'NEILL
    We know who he is.
    (to Carter, pointedly)
    Some of us better than others.

CARTER
    We worked together briefly, sir. Colson Aviation developed the multi engine control systems for the F-302s. Colson didn't know what they were for, of course, but he is a brilliant engineer.

Was he implying something deeper than a professional relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire98909 View Post
    What was Jack implying with this line?

O'NEILL
    We know who he is.
    (to Carter, pointedly)
    Some of us better than others.

CARTER
    We worked together briefly, sir. Colson Aviation developed the multi engine control systems for the F-302s. Colson didn't know what they were for, of course, but he is a brilliant engineer.

Was he implying something deeper than a professional relationship?
    At one time, there was apparently some thought within the writers of SG1 to have Sam have a history with Alec Colson, but they decided not to go with it, but they evidently didn't think to change Jack's comments there. At least, that's my understanding of the situation.

Working together on some maybe sensitive object/subject means that you have to know each other quite well - otherwise there is no profit from working together. Carter is not that type of woman to have had relationships with whoever appears on her doorstep - scientist, alien or alien criminal. IMO.
    Last edited by Anja; October 6th, 2015 at 02:13 AM. Reason: word missing
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

I'm guessing they didn't have the budget to bring William Devane in but I was disappointed they skipped over the scene where the President and O'Neill try to get some Asgard tech out of Thor

Alec Colson looked like an interesting character, maybe he should be a recurring one in a future SG spinoff.

His office was the re-furnished SG:A balcony set.
    Last edited by Platschu; September 3rd, 2018 at 07:42 AM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Captain

Alec Coulson was a jerk and an selfish asshat.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Chief Master Sergeant

i always hated the glyder scene where he appears to be crashing into the ground, that was the one event that went to far on many levels, perhaps as a engineer he knows the exact limits of the ships systems and his suit, but did he take the time to read that planets gravity information and weather effects on flight? maybe he did, maybe it doesnt even matter with the type of engines the f302s utilize, but he was beyond shelfish endangering two brilliant engineers lives, a competent and trustworthy ceos life, and a important military and dignitarys life, losing them both would be like losing daniels translation abilities at the begining of sg1s run :/

but thats purely instory stuff, i did like his character overall, and his loooks perhaps too, he was a .... to borrow red foremans lingo, a ass hat, but he was a good ass hat that was useful and could change and become even better as a offworld engineer running ia f-304 manufacturie or whatever they would design next