No announcement yet.

Covenant (808)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode. I like SG1's political approach to certain types of plotlines.

It's like, everybody involved is using clever plots and ploys to get what their agendas through. I like that intelligent approach to it a lot more than the run of the mill television approach of 'do recklessly direct ploys that work out through sheer willpower and good luck'. The rich guy's side, the SGC's side, the Trust's side....and I'm really liking the evolution of the 'Trust' plotline.

It's good to see in the next episode they're finally going off earth. We've had way too many actionless episodes this season and way too many earth-oriented episodes in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      How many mountain bases are there that have been on the show???
      I have no clue. I think just the two - the SGC and the AlphaSite... unless you count the two SGAs, then it's four.

I wasn't talking about mountain bases, though. I was talking about AlphaSites. We should be at least to DeltaSite by now, if not Gamma.
      Last edited by brihana25; 27 August 2004, 08:23 PM. Reason: I forgot to actually type half of what I wanted to say.
      ~bri~

Comment

Reactions to this episode seem to be split down the middle.

"Loved it" and "Hated it".

Or is it... "Attention span" and "Non attention span"?

Don't worry, non-attention span people. The next episode is an action episode.

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
          My impressions of Covenant:

Dull, dull, dull, dull, boring, and dull. A financial scandal? Ho-hum. A captain named Sheffield? Um... okay. The AlphaSite is in a mountain now. How many does that make now? Three? Four? "The people deserve the truth!" Yes, we know. Emmett gave a much more passionate speech about it last season, thank you.

On the up-side: Sam looked fabulous, Teal'c got a line (did they use up his quota for the season already?), Daniel's shrug was cute, Jack's "It wasn't us," line was *very* remiscient of Hammond's "It was an accident" line from Secrets, and Thor. Gotta love Thor.

So out of 44 minutes, I truly enjoyed maybe 7 minutes of it, at the most. The rest I found dull. Boring.

And did I mention dull?

Well, just be glad Charles Shaughnessy didn't bring Fran Drescher with him, unless you like her cause then you can be sad. But just imagine that voice for an entire hour in that setting...

C'mon! I can't be the only one that thought "HEY! That's the dude from The Nanny!"
          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
            Don't worry, non-attention span people. The next episode is an action episode.
            Hey, now... I *do* have an attention span. After all, I love Forever in a Day.
            ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              I like it being buried but i wonder how the heck they did all that in a few months??

ok, 5 mo nths since new order, death knell was a couple to few before that, i just don't see how they hollowed out a mountain in less than a year
              Tok'ra crystals?

Comment

There ya go.

Comment

I like how they handled the "to tell or not to tell" question this time. And that now they have seen a bad reaction from a world to discovery of the gate, their arguments seem more valid.

The cynic in me, however, fears that the SGC will still be pressing for disclosure with any alien governments we meet.

I love the fact that the brought out an insta-clone, but imediatly explained its improbable growth with entierly probable Asgard genetic engineering.

Cloneing and Holography as comercial technologies will make Earth very interesting in the next few years.

Comment

I guess they could've used Tok'Ra tunnel crystals to make the base quickly.

Wonder what kind of defenses there are on the base. There were a few F-302's but they must have something bigger.

Comment

So this is what really happened with Martha Stewart!
                      Her various business enterprises had dealing with various government agencies. Exotic "foreign" food, the return of plaid! She had enough info from the Stargate program to piece the truth together. But the government got to her before she could go public! Ruined her company on a piffling stock trading charge!
                      The truth is out.
                      Free Martha!

Comment

I like it. It was interesting and they tossed in a lot of elements from all over the place: NID, Asgard, Onworld, Offworld, got to see the new alpha site, and an X-302 ride! The cloned Asgard was a nice twist. It was a bit slow and aggrivating as it is yet another mostly Earth episode, but not too bad.
                        Games 'n Stuff

Comment

It was a good episode. Kind of akin to the one where the new President took over in season 7 (it's late and I'm too lazy to go look up the episode title). More about politics and internal workings of the SGC then SG-1, but I was expecting that. It was what it was, a filler episode. I wasn't expecting them to bring out an Asgard at the press conference so I got invested right there trying to figure out how they were going to explain that away. I like Charles Shaughnessy (sp?) but I didn't really care for the character that much. He was a little too arrogant for me. All the "I want the truth and everything and everyone else be da**ed" attitude even after Sam tried to explain to him why it was important to keep it a secret. I wasn't expecting his aide to betray him, perhaps I should have, but I didn't. I did miss SG-1 though but I loved the scene with Jack, Daniel, and Thor in Jack's office. I really am looking forward to Sacrifices though. A good offworld episode in which the Stargate is used and there are Jaffa and Gou'ald and all sorts of good stuff we haven't seen in a while.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

7x20 - Inauguration was the name of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
                              A captain named Sheffield? Um... okay.

Okay, this completely went over my head. What is wrong with a captain named Sheffield?

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                A good offworld episode in which the Stargate is used and there are Jaffa and Gou'ald and all sorts of good stuff we haven't seen in a while.
                                I know, me can't wait for the missed salty goodnesses
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X