No announcement yet.

Covenant (808)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was with the sound early in the episode? or was that my end of htings? Also, was it just me or did both DJ/MS and Thor/MS sound strange?

Comment

I thought Thor sounded different, I didn't really notice if Daniel sounded different. I'll have to watch it again.
      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        I still don't have the heart to watch it. I know the summery, I just ... like I said, don't have the heart.
        Don't bother. It's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
          I thought Thor sounded different, I didn't really notice if Daniel sounded different. I'll have to watch it again.
          It could have very well been the sound throught the entire episode, as some of the sound effects sounded kinda weird sometimes as well... Possibly sattelite problems.

Comment

Originally posted by dpgiffin
            What was with the sound early in the episode? or was that my end of htings? Also, was it just me or did both DJ/MS and Thor/MS sound strange?
            I didn't really notice but maybe DJ/MS had a slight cold.

Comment

Yep they did it agin, went right into Atlantis. I don't mined the first time, cause I'm at work and less tape to loss on creits, but I tape it 3 different times, I get home in the middle of Atlantis. I have one tape for the 2 shows together, then one for SG-1, then Atlantis. I miss about 30 secs. of Atlantis.
              I like this one alot, because of Thor, he finally shows up when we need him. What ever Jack eat at the Whitehouse or on Thors ship did not agree with him. It looked likes he had a little bit of heartburn there, walking down the hall with Carter. Being General is getting to him aready, he needs to get out and kill some bad guys. Jack is like a bull, you wave a red flag in front of him and he will charge, funny thing is he has no where to charge too, except to his local store, but that is totaly a different story. Any way Jack need some action, to get rid of the pain in his gut.

Comment

I'm also hoping Jack will go offworld at least once with the team, as they made it a point to say he could. Let me be clear though, that i do enjoy his character development, and don't mind him as general at all.

Comment

And I couldn't believe that I was hearing what the government was doing. Let's see: they gave a civilian outfit alien DNA? They used the same company to help clean up the mess after Nuby's attack, instead of keeping it in the military?
                  Heck, the military does stuff like that already. Something like a quarter of a ship's crew are employees of private military contractors these days. They're basically mercenaries. Same thing with ground forces in Iraq, there are lots of mercs over there. The actual military keeps getting trimmed down and these civilian companies have to pick up the slack.

Comment

- I LOVED this Episode.

- I really thought Thor had a different voice.
                    Maybe MS has changed his to play the 'asgard voice'.

- I've a question : How did the US Government manage to get an Asgard DNA Sample ?
                    I don't know any Asgard who would let humans take DNA Samples on him ...
                    Maybe Thor gave the Tau'ri the Sample as a gift in negociations ...

Finally, I think I've found a technical error in the Episode :
                    See the attached files ...

- On the First Picture, from 8.08 Covenant, we see an Holographic Thor.
                    You can see the red color of the TV Studio, where the hologram is projected, is reflecting ON the hologram. So the hologram adapts itself to the colors of the place where it's projected.

- On the Second Picture, from 8.04 Zero Hour, we see an Holographic Ba'al.
                    You can see that the green color of the Gateroom does NOT reflet on the Hologram. The Hologram doesn't adapt at all to the place's colors ... if it did, the Holographic Ba'al should be green too ...

So. We have 2 Asgard Holograms (Ba'al is using stolen asgard technology in Zero Hour),
                    but one takes colors of its place of projection, and the other doesn't !!!

What do you think about this ? ***

*** PLEASE don't answer 'Harlan, you need to get out more'
                    or 'Harlan, you're crazy, you see errors where there's nothing' ...

-
                    Attached Files

Comment

As has been pointed out, mercenaries, hessians, and private contractors are very much a part of life. Including (and especially) in the Department of Defense.

It would surprise me if they had kept it "in house".

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
                        I've a question : How did the US Government manage to get an Asgard DNA Sample ?
                        I don't know any Asgard who would let humans take DNA Samples on him ...
                        Maybe Thor gave the Tau'ri the Sample as a gift in negociations ...
                        Sam said that it was part of their attempt to help the Asgard cloning problem. My guess is that they have had the samples since Revelations.

So. We have 2 Asgard Holograms (Ba'al is using stolen asgard technology in Zerio Hour), but one takes colors of its place of projection, and theother doesn't !!!
                        It's entirely possible that Baal is not using an Asgard hologram program. The Goa'uld have shown the ability to use that kind of projected hologram before. Most notably Sokar in Serpent's Song.

Comment

So. We have 2 Asgard Holograms (Ba'al is using stolen asgard technology in Zero Hour),
                          but one takes colors of its place of projection, and the other doesn't !!!
                          Simple. The asgard tech is better and can look like it fits right in the environment, but Anubis wasn't able to get it perfect.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                            It's entirely possible that Baal is not using an Asgard hologram program. The Goa'uld have shown the ability to use that kind of projected hologram before. Most notably Sokar in Serpent's Song.
                            That wasn't a hologram.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok ! Soory I must have missed Sam's quote about Asgard DNA Sample .

Talking about the Ba'al Hologram :
                              maybe your explanations is right ...

But I have two arguments to 'convince' you folks
                              that Ba'al is using an Asgard Hologram Projection :

- In Zero Hour, we can easily hear exactly the same sounds when the hologram of Ba'al appears, the same as the Asgard hologram. It's also the same sounds when the hologram is steady, and when it disappears.

- At the end of Redemption Part I (S6), an Holographic Anubis appears at SGC (there's the famous 'Prepare to meet your doom'). Then Carter deduces that Anubis stole the Asgard this holographic projection system.
                              In Season 8, we learn that Ba'al took all the remaining troops of the 'defeated' Anubis. Actually, we learn he took everything in the empire of Anubis. So I think he stole the Asgard Hologram System to Anubis ...

And maybe there's a 'keep the hologram image's original colors' button on the asgard device,
                              and Ba'al put it ON lol ...

Comment

I liked this ep. It had a great storyline, should they tell the world or keep it a secret. I liked Colson. In a way if I was him I would do the same thing. I think I order for Colson to have changed they should have took him to the planet in Icon or a planet destoryed by the Gou'ald. Some times seeing is believing.
                                "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X