Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Covenant (808)

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Default Re: Covenant (808)

Quote Originally Posted by greytop
    I may reconize him if I saw him or seen the show he was in but right now I completely stumped. Who is Emmet Bregman?
    The doc producer from Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    The doc producer from Heroes.
    Thanks. No wonder I didn;t reconize the name I only caught the tail end of Heroes Pt2. Waiting for the DVDs to come out to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by greytop
    Thanks. No wonder I didn;t reconize the name I only caught the tail end of Heroes Pt2. Waiting for the DVDs to come out to see it.
    I still don't have the heart to watch it. I know the summery, I just ... like I said, don't have the heart.

I still don't have the heart to watch it. I know the summery, I just ... like I said, don't have the heart.
    Watch it. It's better to know what happens than to let your imagination run rampant. I had tears in my eyes the whole way through, but I'm glad I watched it.

BYE
    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Second Lieutenant AsgardCarnage's Avatar

good ep, prob 3rd or 4th fav ep from the season (ep1 and 2 first then zero hour) as soon as i saw him i just kept waiting for him to say "MISSS FINNNEEEE!!!".

is it just me or did colson have a picture or a sketch of the earth SGC stargate in his office behind him when he was showing the pics he had to sam and danial?

loved thor and jack talking, and using the transports to move around, thoese small little guys sure do love their transporters. also "we are calling in a marker! *smiles* . . . . waits. . . . . yep calling in a marker . . .. " and then thor beams in great stuff!

i didn't find it slow, but i saw it wihtout ad's, carter played out well as her charictor should.

so what can colson do for them? wasn't his power his money and control over so many companies? they have smarter people then him.

sorry for the large size of the pic, but is it just me or is that a gate pic witha ramp going up to it?
    Last edited by AsgardCarnage; August 29th, 2004 at 01:29 AM. Reason: added the pic

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Ahh! I didn't catch that, how interesting, but yah, maybe its just something else, but i think its a stargate like you pointed out

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

The summaries sometimes aren't just giving the episode itself the true lighting, whatever that meant, but like greytop said, you should watch it

Captain

It was nice to see Thor again, even if his voice did sound a little off - can Asgard get colds?
    Yes, I noticed the voice was off too. Weird. I didn't notice if there was a credit for it at the end of the show - well, when I say didn't notice, there weren't any end credits on the dl <g>. Anyone notice if it was credited to someone other than MS?

Albion

pettygrew

The credits were skipped again. They went straight into Atlantis.

Speaking of pictures. Did you see the poster size picture of the show's producer N. John Smith? It was hanging on the wall of the television studio behind Sam as she talked on her cell phone.

Good catch AsgardCarnage.

They didn't show the credits, they went right to Atlantis again.

What was with the sound early in the episode? or was that my end of htings? Also, was it just me or did both DJ/MS and Thor/MS sound strange?

I thought Thor sounded different, I didn't really notice if Daniel sounded different. I'll have to watch it again.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Thumbs down Re: Covenant (808)

Don't bother. It's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by NightGloom
    I thought Thor sounded different, I didn't really notice if Daniel sounded different. I'll have to watch it again.
    It could have very well been the sound throught the entire episode, as some of the sound effects sounded kinda weird sometimes as well... Possibly sattelite problems.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgiffin
    What was with the sound early in the episode? or was that my end of htings? Also, was it just me or did both DJ/MS and Thor/MS sound strange?
    I didn't really notice but maybe DJ/MS had a slight cold.

Staff Sergeant

Yep they did it agin, went right into Atlantis. I don't mined the first time, cause I'm at work and less tape to loss on creits, but I tape it 3 different times, I get home in the middle of Atlantis. I have one tape for the 2 shows together, then one for SG-1, then Atlantis. I miss about 30 secs. of Atlantis.
    I like this one alot, because of Thor, he finally shows up when we need him. What ever Jack eat at the Whitehouse or on Thors ship did not agree with him. It looked likes he had a little bit of heartburn there, walking down the hall with Carter. Being General is getting to him aready, he needs to get out and kill some bad guys. Jack is like a bull, you wave a red flag in front of him and he will charge, funny thing is he has no where to charge too, except to his local store, but that is totaly a different story. Any way Jack need some action, to get rid of the pain in his gut.

I'm also hoping Jack will go offworld at least once with the team, as they made it a point to say he could. Let me be clear though, that i do enjoy his character development, and don't mind him as general at all.

Chief Master Sergeant

And I couldn't believe that I was hearing what the government was doing. Let's see: they gave a civilian outfit alien DNA? They used the same company to help clean up the mess after Nuby's attack, instead of keeping it in the military?
    Heck, the military does stuff like that already. Something like a quarter of a ship's crew are employees of private military contractors these days. They're basically mercenaries. Same thing with ground forces in Iraq, there are lots of mercs over there. The actual military keeps getting trimmed down and these civilian companies have to pick up the slack.

- I LOVED this Episode.

- I really thought Thor had a different voice.
    Maybe MS has changed his to play the 'asgard voice'.

- I've a question : How did the US Government manage to get an Asgard DNA Sample ?
    I don't know any Asgard who would let humans take DNA Samples on him ...
    Maybe Thor gave the Tau'ri the Sample as a gift in negociations ...

Finally, I think I've found a technical error in the Episode :
    See the attached files ...

- On the First Picture, from 8.08 Covenant, we see an Holographic Thor.
    You can see the red color of the TV Studio, where the hologram is projected, is reflecting ON the hologram. So the hologram adapts itself to the colors of the place where it's projected.

- On the Second Picture, from 8.04 Zero Hour, we see an Holographic Ba'al.
    You can see that the green color of the Gateroom does NOT reflet on the Hologram. The Hologram doesn't adapt at all to the place's colors ... if it did, the Holographic Ba'al should be green too ...

So. We have 2 Asgard Holograms (Ba'al is using stolen asgard technology in Zero Hour),
    but one takes colors of its place of projection, and the other doesn't !!!

What do you think about this ? ***

*** PLEASE don't answer 'Harlan, you need to get out more'
    or 'Harlan, you're crazy, you see errors where there's nothing' ...

-
    Attached Images Attached Images

As has been pointed out, mercenaries, hessians, and private contractors are very much a part of life. Including (and especially) in the Department of Defense.

It would surprise me if they had kept it "in house".

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast