• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covenant (808)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON EIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 808

A businessman threatens to expose the secrets of alien life to the world, forcing Stargate Command to bring him into the loop.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:20 PM.

This had some cool twists, like the grow it yourself asgard kit.

apparantlhy, this was supposed to have aired before affinity, which explains the Trust being revealed now, and sam's lack of a ring.

I have a funny feeling that this, as with parts of affinity, are set-up for later eps....so while they may be boring in ways now, i think they will be more important as time passes.

so they score points for the asgard surprise, jack's scenes with thor were cool...but i did have alec's illness pegged.

this is one of those that will hover in the middle for a bit and find it's final ranking once the season finale airs
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This episode was far worst then I though it would be... the only part that I liked was the few Asgard scenes. But then again Affinity was far better then I though it would be... so I guess it evens out.

Comment

I loved it, Loved it so much!!!

O'neill and Thor scenes were so cool. I sat straight up in bed with my mouth open when the showed the earth cloned asgard to the public. Big reaction there from me.

Well since Atlantis is on and I am sitting here typiung I will just put it this way....

LOVED IT!!!!
        My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

I didn't think this episode was bad at all, maybe bits and peices, but i did like the new Alpha Site As well the return of the reporter from S6.

A nice scene that i thought was nice to watch was when Jack told Sam that Thor and himself are about to visit the President in 5 minutes, loved it
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I really liked this episode a lot... I thought it had some great twists and suprises that I didn't see coming. It was different from any of the other "we're going to tell Earth about the S.G.C." episodes which was my main concern when I first heard of the episode. Overall I thought it was a great and enjoyable episode!!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
              I didn't think this episode was bad at all, maybe bits and peices, but i did like the new Alpha Site As well the return of the reporter from S6.

A nice scene that i thought was nice to watch was when Jack told Sam that Thor and himself are about to visit the President in 5 minutes, loved it
              I also enjoyed that Donovan returned... I was always wondering what happened to her.

Comment

So, Katherine's random comments in no particular order....

I really enjoyed this episode a lot. Found myself with wrapped attention which hasn't happened really in an SG1 epsiode for several weeks. Maybe back to Zero Hour. It had suspense, and even having read the spoilers they managed to keep a few suprises.

1) Alec, I can believe the character, and I had the problem with his company pegged just by what his assistent guy was trying to tell him. I really think the government should have done more to stop him though. Certainly if they had announced that they were cancelling contracts based on his erradic behavior than the stock price would have fallen like a stone and the reality of the company situation would have come to pass sooner.

2) The Trust. I found myself routing for them, but I really think that in the interest of protecting world security from a playboy, much more should have been done by the real government.

3) Sam. This is the Sam that I adore. Smart, touch, and with a sense of duty. It doesn't seem to jar well with the entire Pete Arc where she's revealing the secret she spends so much time defending in this epsiode. Wonder if the right hand is talking to the left hand up in Vancouver. She makes a great debunker. Besides, I'm a sucker for seeing Carter in her blues.

4) The Asgard Grow a Clone kit was a very neat plot device. The CG on that particular scene did a very good job at making it seem vacant. At first I thought it was hurt or injured or that Alec's company people had done bad things to it.

Comment

I liked how they fit the Asgard into the story and it's nice to know that Thor is able to give us assistance again now that Jack's old knowledge gave them the critical upper hand against the Replicators.
                  Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

This episode was better than I thought it would be. As with others that have spoken, I like the new Alpha Site.

I didn't expect Thor to show up. Love the scene where Jack said that they were meeting the President in 5 minutes, then he and Thor were beamed away.

Comment

I think this is the best politics/coverup related episode so far. Like other episodes of this type, it didn't have much action (aside from a short x-203 ride), but I think it had enough hard hitting twists and enough great new plot seeds were planted that this episode can hold it's own against any of the best.

I love the new alpha site! I was wondering when they were going to make the A-site like the SGC.

Comment

Much better episode than I expected. I sure wish they'd shown the episodes in the order they intended (i.e. Covenant first, then Affinity) since the big reveal of the Trust was a little strange having heard the name last week. Curious to see what they're going to do with this new rogue group. Sounds like more Kinsey in SG-1's future.

The good...

* The follow-up on the naval carrier group being destroyed. There was much discussion online about the coverup of this and I thought it was very realistic that someone with Alec Colson's resources and intellect might try and bust this open.

* The asgard clone. Total surprise and kudos to Scifi for not showing the reveal in the previews.

* Thor and O'Neill. I think they have something going on.

* Good Sam in this episode. Competent soldier, pilot, media person. I also enjoyed her interactions with Alec Colson and it was nice to see them be professional friends. It's always fun to examine a newbie's reaction to the gate.

* Yay! They put the Alpha site inside a mountain.

The bad.....
                        * The first 40 minutes moved right along and really kept my attention but I thought it lost a little steam at the end. A little too much thrown in there and it didn't come off as well as I hoped. So are they stashing Colson at the Alpha site?

So no huge off-world adventures this week but it was an interesting episode in terms of examining the operation of the SGC program in the modern world.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                          The good...

* Yay! They put the Alpha site inside a mountain.

The bad.....
                          * The first 40 minutes moved right along and really kept my attention but I thought it lost a little steam at the end. A little too much thrown in there and it didn't come off as well as I hoped. So are they stashing Colson at the Alpha site?

So no huge off-world adventures this week but it was an interesting episode in terms of examining the operation of the SGC program in the modern world.
                          I know what you mean! Yay, not the only one who liked the AS in the mountain, at least it looked a little different from the SGC, haha... Maybe Alec (i think it was) will help with better stuff for their future ships, etc... Possibilities, possibilities
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I loved this episode, I love all episodes regarding the Stargate secret being withheld from the General Public. I was thinking since this just might be the final season that the Stargate would finally be uncovered, but ehhhhh . I did like all the scenes with Thor and O'neill. Also evertime a new civilian is introduced to the Stargate and the look they give anyone who is there when they see a big ring, oooo i love that . This episode was okay, just was expecting a bit more, maybe in the truly last episode the truth will be released.

Comment

I loved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X