Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Affinity (807)

Stargate Affinity (807)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    AFFINITY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 807

Teal'c becomes the chief suspect in a murder investigation after he moves into an apartment off-base. Carter considers her future with Pete.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 07:39 PM.

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Affinity (807)

Not bad. The team's dynamic just gets better with age.

Man...can't wait to see the fallout on here from "THAT."

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

What an interesting episode Who else yelled at the tv saying shut up to the boy that was praising Teal'c for throwing a rock (i think?) at the thief, gosh, his character should have been left out of the episode! I think maybe Daniel should have pushed the envelope a little more saying how if they killed him there, who else would help them translate. Also, no punishment for Krista??? I got all emotional a little at the end with Carter saying, Yes a lot

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

eh, it's sorta like chimera redux....we just have teal'c/krista instead of daniel/sarah

i think the most poignant part, which will get overshadowed, is that poor teal'c has to s urrender his freedom to protect his friends...on sg1 and on earth.

he was so enjoying being out of the sgc and living normally and now he has to go back to living as a prisoner for everyone's safety

my one big quibble.....there is no lake in colorado springs

Love the episode. Teal'c becomes more likeable as he becomes more human. Can't wait to see the angry feedback from Jack/Sam shippers everywhere.lol. Don't worry people, Pete will probably succumb to the black widow curse.

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Did they mention where he lived exactly? If they didn't, maybe he lived somewhere else in Colorado, maybe .

Here's what was on Daniel's computer when translated from Ancient:

"Actual Words Are Hard To Decide So This'll Work"

I paused the TiVo to translate. Now I have to finish watching

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by littlemigueljr
    Did they mention where he lived exactly? If they didn't, maybe he lived somewhere else in Colorado, maybe .

there aren't many lakes in colorado in general....but given that he works at the SGC, he would't live too far away. Next closest towns are an hour in each direction

Skydiving like the good lemming I am...;)

Gads! How do I hate episode let me count the ways...

1--not enough Jack
    2--not enough Daniel
    3--not enough Teal'c, thought this ep was supposed to be Teal'c-centric, I now think it was more about insulting shippers
    4--more Sam and Pete--ick
    5--what's up with the twit neighbor, how cliche was she?
    6--can we say SOAP OPERA???? What happened to my favorite show?
    7--what's up with that stalker comment? Is that a personal stab at shippers? Personally, I'm offended. Hated that. Stupid, and there was no reason to put it in other than to tick people off.

I think I could go on for HOURS about how BAD and CLICHE this ep was! It could have been a really cool Teal'c ep and I was hopeful after the teaser but NO, we can't have that, can we? If there is an ep I'd quit watching over this might be it. Worse than all the other eps I don't like times TEN!!!! Worse than Enemy Mine+Chimera+every other ep I don't like combined--TIMES TEN!!!!!!!!!! I hate the fact that I have now lost my mojo AGAIN! I was just getting over the ills that were Season 7!
    Last edited by marimba26; August 20th, 2004 at 07:30 PM.

Thumbs down Re: Affinity (807)

grrr......

this episode mad me soooo mad. i cannot believe she said yes. this has killed my love for the show. maybe stalker pete will change, yes that would be great.

i am soo mad. what a waste of an episode.
    Last edited by anisea; August 20th, 2004 at 07:34 PM. Reason: anger was unjustly expressed

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

I am not a shipper, but I found the stalker line to be incredibly insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by marimba26

1--not enough Jack
    2--not enough Daniel
    3--not enough Teal'c, thought this ep was supposed to be Teal'c-centric, I now think it was more about insulting shippers
    7--what's up with that stalker comment? Is that a personal stab at shippers? Personally, I'm offended. Hated that. Stupid, and there was no reason to put it in other than to tick people off.

I think I could go on for HOURS about how BAD and CLICHE this ep was! It could have been a really cool Teal'c ep and I was hopeful after the teaser but NO, we can't have that, can we? If there is an ep I'd quit watching over this might be it. Worse than all the other eps I don't like times TEN!!!! Worse than Enemy Mine+Chimera+every other ep I don't like combined--TIMES TEN!!!!!!!!!! I hate the fact that I have now lost my mojo AGAIN! I was just getting over the ills that were Season 7!
    You make for a good argument, but the episode wasn't that bad. The stalker comment, although it needed more explaining, was kinda like saying that Sam knew what happened and she accepted it and forgave Pete. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Sam/Jack but for now, Pete is a good guy. Also, the soap opera comment. Just because it focuses on emotions and love interests, that doesn't qualify as a soap opera. The acting in this episode is way better than a soap opera(even the annoying little kid). Overall, I found your comments a little negative and maybe a short-sighted.

How the hell did they get their hands on Asgard transporters?!

maybe it is over the top, but when a guy almost stalks you once- i feel that he is still a stalker. plus-- the luck of the black widow has stood true for 8 seasons. pete just gives me a negative vibe. maybe he'll change-- but he needs to evolve, i just don't see sam happy in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by marimba26

1--not enough Jack
    2--not enough Daniel

DITTO
    DITTO
    DITTO
    and AGREED!!!

Di

I was hoping for a little more when Jack and Sam were talking about Pete's proposal. That whole scene kinda left me hanging.

Skydiving like the good lemming I am...;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    Here's what was on Daniel's computer when translated from Ancient:

"Actual Words Are Hard To Decide So This'll Work"

I paused the TiVo to translate. Now I have to finish watching
    ROFLMAOO!!!! Seems to have applied to the ep as a whole--"actual plot is hard to decide so this'll work"
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming
    http://www.marimba26.com/Banners/marimba.jpg

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

I think the stalker line was ridiculous! Like they are lauging at us. I think it should have been adressed with a little more class.

I can't beleive that Sam said yes!!!! If you have to think about it for two weeks and whine and carry on about it then you DO NOT need to be getting married. Especially to PETE!!!! YUCK!! I am still a firm believer in Sam and Jack but the fact that she said yes left a bad taste in my mouth. And where the heck was Jack? Thought Teal'c & Daniel were supposed to be his best friends. I can't believe he would let everything go down without being there.

Still love the show but this was definitely a storyline to get a fan reaction!! Well, PTB - you got it!!

I mostly lurk here but...

To be honest, that episode was just luke warm for me.

I'm a S/J shipper but I actually kinda like Pete. (Yes, it is true -- not all of us hate Pete ) To think that Sam would take that moment to say Yes just didn't ring true to me. And to hug/kiss in the middle of the warehouse at the end of an op where she was in charge, is that really the right moment?

I didn't read any spoilers but you could just feel it coming that the attractive next door neighbor with the drunk boyfriend would shack up with the new single wholesome guy who moved in. And for a little variety, a woman struggling to make up her mind over getting married (e.g. am I bowing to the pressures of society to be a couple, do I really want to do this, am I being fair to him). Overall, the show felt a little to 'Melrose Place' for me.

Anyway, my 2 cents -- what's yours?

Chief Master Sergeant the adventurer's Avatar

Yeah, She said Yes! The show takes a step forword.

And Teal'C is the man, that Rock Moment was total badassery. I really want to see the sub plot with the NID goes.

Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast